file uploads

The system doesn't appear to allow upload of excel office 2007 files ie. *.xlsx
Works ok with Excel 2003 and lower ie *.xls Don't know about other Office 2007 components.
A trivial point I know, but I've just been reading the "pedants" thread :)

Maybe that is because more people have an earlier version so making those with later versions save in an earlier format so that more people can make use of any attached files.

Paul

We have been upgraded to 2007 Excel, Word etc. at work - without consultation by the IT team - the only visible net result is that 2007 documents sent to consultants, government departments and other partner organisations cannot be opened at their end. These do have a facility to allow saving as 1997-2003 files so they can be universally accessed, but what is the point of upgrading if you have to downgrade your files so you can share them?

We'll add support for all the new office extensions now (word, excel, powerpoint)... just make a request if there are any other file types you want supported.

We have been upgraded to 2007 Excel, Word etc. at work - without consultation by the IT team - the only visible net result is that 2007 documents sent to consultants, government departments and other partner organisations cannot be opened at their end. These do have a facility to allow saving as 1997-2003 files so they can be universally accessed, but what is the point of upgrading if you have to downgrade your files so you can share them?

A good point - and I've noticed that it's many public orgs where money appears to be no object that have taken this route. You can download an add-on from M-Soft that enables you to read the 2007-type files but it's all a pain in the ar$e isn't it?

Maybe that is because more people have an earlier version so making those with later versions save in an earlier format so that more people can make use of any attached files.

Paul

Won't let me rep that - but good point: I'll stick to office 2003 and earlier.

We've now added support for xlsx and docx files. If there are any other file types you want us to support just add your request to this thread; and we'll add them. Note the way it works is by the file's extension; the current supported file extensions are:

avi bmp csv doc docm docx dot ela eld els ex4 flv gif htm html jpe jpeg jpg mov mp3 mpeg mpg mq4 mqh pdf png psd ram rtf tpl txt vtscr vttrs wmv xls xlsm xlsx xml zip

We've now added support for xlsx and docx files. If there are any other file types you want us to support just add your request to this thread; and we'll add them. Note the way it works is by the file's extension; the current supported file extensions are:

avi bmp csv doc docm docx dot ela eld els ex4 flv gif htm html jpe jpeg jpg mov mp3 mpeg mpg mq4 mqh pdf png psd ram rtf tpl txt vtscr vttrs wmv xls xlsm xlsx xml zip

Is MP4 allowed?

Tried and doesn't work.