Fear of missing out

Instead of dwelling on the past , lets live the moment :

XRP = Ripple

Price around $0.24

Date 9th Dec 2017

Who is going to :

1- Enter right now right here .

2- Buy a decent amount by investing real money = $10000 .

3- Wait and hold on your dear life - HODL - until it reaches $15000 like bitcoin . Please dont come back and say i closed for 100% , hold for ever .

And here is a link to news to encourage the timid :

https://www.influencive.com/amex-ripple-partner/

Who is going to do it ? I know i wont , and this post isnt a recommendation either .

If you guys wont do it now , then you certainly cant regret about not investing in Bitcoin a few years back .

Ripple was actually one that I had considered a few days ago, although “decent money” is relative and a few hundred would be my limit I’m tempted to have a punt.

Who would be a good broker to buy ripple through?

Last edited:
Ripple was actually one that I had considered a few days ago, although “decent money” is relative and a few hundred would be my limit I’m tempted to have a punt.

Who would be a good broker to buy ripple through?

I have no opinion or experience with Avatrade but when looking at them recently I saw they offer services in regards to Ripple, amongst others. You can short cryptos too of course

Here's a copy and paste from a page on the site:

"Why trade cryptocurrencies with AvaTrade
AvaTrade offers competitive spreads, with no commissions charged on transactions making it more profitable. When trading with AvaTrade you are trading on the price changes of the digital coin, and not physically purchasing it. Trading with AvaTrade ensures that you will trade with a 100% reputable broker. More reasons to trade cryptocurrencies with AvaTrade today are:

Start trading with as little as $100
Benefit from a wide range of top traded cryptocurrencies on the market
Competitive swap rates
All pairs can be shorted
Up to 20:1 leverage
Around the clock service and support in 14 languages
Live quotes and charts for your reference
Various trading platforms for all level traders
Powerful MT4 Platform and AvaTradeGO, the newly linked mobile app"

Again, I just came across them. I have not opened an account yet

Hit 19k now dropped down to under 15k... are we in the bull trap phase?

Cant be sure mate , no one can predict the top , in general we are in a bubble - mania phase - , i am reading stories all over the net about kids buying this **** with their iphone , its crazy .

Re Ripple i am not really recommending it , that being said you should know that Ripple supply is 50-100 billion coins , and it is a centralized cryptocurrency , anyway you can purchase it in any crypto exchange , i think etoro -forex broker - have Ripple as well .

Here is one for you hi-flyers with little dough at $0.03 per coin.

Attachments

• Penny Picks.PNG
    Penny Picks.PNG
    452.2 KB · Views: 177
Fack me! £6,200 lod!! And I thought friday was volatile. Traders paradise, tarders nightmare.. :D
6099-darktone-albums-general-9-picture5602-6200.jpg

Do you think the people buying into crypto are just naive to trading and the risk's involved ?
Or have actually studied it and are way ahead of us and can see its future value in today's digital age.. Its everything a trader fears, zero intrinsic value, ready to tank at anytime yet everybody wanting a piece of it as it continues to rise...It has me baffled.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42275523

Are you guys just copying and pasting :LOL:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

538. Posted by It Wasnt Me Honest on
56 minutes ago
Buying into BTC is not like buying shares in a company. The latter make profits from selling goods or services, the customer pays a little over the odds to provide profit for the shareholders. As long as the product is good and sells, the shareholders make money.

BTC has no product.

Trading in £$€ compares the productivity of one nation against another.

BTC has no productivity.

SCAM

Report Comment number 538Link to Comment number 538
Rate comment number 538 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 538: 1 Rate comment number 538 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 538: 0
Comment number 537. Posted by Mike Cabbett on
1 hour ago
Utter nonsense. There is no such thing in existence. They only exist in the fetid imagination of fools. They are no more and no less a different version of the Chain Letter. And to call something "a Bitcoin miner" is madness writ large.

Report Comment number 537Link to Comment number 537
Rate comment number 537 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 537: 1 Rate comment number 537 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 537: 0
Comment number 536. Posted by Ian on
1 hour ago
525. Posted by markcomment on

Basing any investment which relies on computer security these days is ridiculous. I mean even Apple cannot keep their systems secure from hackers so how can mere mortals keep their systems safe.
---
You do realise that all your bank, pension/retirement fund accounts, everything that you do not hold as cash in your hand only exists on a computer system, right?

Report Comment number 536Link to Comment number 536
Rate comment number 536 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 536: 0 Rate comment number 536 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 536: 0
Comment number 535. Posted by Ash on
2 hours ago
Isn't Bitcoin supposed to be something that can be traced from one person to another? It seems to be rather too easy to steal.

Report Comment number 535Link to Comment number 535
Rate comment number 535 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 535: 0 Rate comment number 535 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 535: 0
Comment number 534. Posted by Paul Nowak on
2 hours ago
I have this really good investement involving Tulips! Now let me excplain why this is rock solid!!!

Report Comment number 534Link to Comment number 534
Rate comment number 534 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 534: 0 Rate comment number 534 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 534: 0
Comment number 533. Posted by Tim on
4 hours ago
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Report Comment number 533Link to Comment number 533
Rate comment number 533 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 533: 1 Rate comment number 533 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 533: 0
Comment number 532. Posted by Mikeyb on
5 hours ago
Monopoly money. Just for fun. A joke. Don't touch it with a bargepole.

Report Comment number 532Link to Comment number 532
Rate comment number 532 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 532: 1 Rate comment number 532 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 532: 0
Comment number 531. Posted by It Wasnt Me Honest on
5 hours ago
A number of HYS comments insist that 'we' critics 'don't understand the technology;.

We don't need to.
What we understand is that con tricks always appeal most to those people who believe themselves to be more intelligent than the others. These kind are the best targets for con artists, because they believe themselves to be too clever to be fooled.
Ordinary mugs don't fall for such tricks.

Report Comment number 531Link to Comment number 531
Rate comment number 531 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 531: 1 Rate comment number 531 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 531: 2
Comment number 530. Posted by Greg B on
6 hours ago
This comment was removed because it broke the house rules. Explain

Comment number 529. Posted by wolf359 on
8 hours ago
It was obvious that this would happen.A somewhere a hacker is now richer than they ever imagined they would be with a few key strokes.With no real security as to who owns which bit coin they will be easy to sell and make real money with once in the hands,or computers,of hackers.

Report Comment number 529Link to Comment number 529
Rate comment number 529 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 529: 0 Rate comment number 529 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 529: 0
Comment number 528. Posted by RTFishall on
9 hours ago
Bitcoin.... Did not the Dutch have a similar experience with tulip bulbs in the 17th century?
It seems greedy people still have not learned from history!

Report Comment number 528Link to Comment number 528
Rate comment number 528 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 528: 2 Rate comment number 528 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 528: 2
Comment number 527. Posted by metadev on
9 hours ago
@524
It's not a scam - its being driven by greed and fear of missing out so real money is being poured in and existing owners are taking profit. Stories about people making life changing amounts such as on the BBC today drive this. Bitcoin is currently worth $270billion - to just 2x a new investment made today another $270b has to be invested - this seems unlikely...

Report Comment number 527Link to Comment number 527
Rate comment number 527 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 527: 2 Rate comment number 527 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 527: 0
Comment number 526. Posted by Dr_John on
10 hours ago
519 Szlunk91
Bitcoin is only worth what somebody will pay for it, your ability to convert it into hard currency is dependent on somebody willing to buy, once the price starts to fall it will be impossible to cash out, and no government will be trying to protect the price.

Retailers accept Bitcoin but how many actually price in Birtcoin - rather than just converting on the current rate.

Report Comment number 526Link to Comment number 526
Rate comment number 526 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 526: 2 Rate comment number 526 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 526: 2
Comment number 525. Posted by markcomment on
10 hours ago
Basing any investment which relies on computer security these days is ridiculous. I mean even Apple cannot keep their systems secure from hackers so how can mere mortals keep their systems safe.

Report Comment number 525Link to Comment number 525
Rate comment number 525 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 525: 3 Rate comment number 525 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 525: 2
Comment number 524. Posted by It Wasnt Me Honest on
10 hours ago
I repeat, for the benefit of fools, ---
"There is no such thing as a free lunch",

That translates as, "There is no such thing as free money."

There is a catch to this scam, somewhere.

Report Comment number 524Link to Comment number 524
Rate comment number 524 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 524: 4 Rate comment number 524 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 524: 2
Comment number 523. Posted by Woodbine on
12 hours ago
@Paul 522. Bang on mate. Only keep them on an exchange if you're an active trader and need them there for convenience. If your plan (like mine) is just buy and wait then get them off into a wallet.

Report Comment number 523Link to Comment number 523
Rate comment number 523 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 523: 1 Rate comment number 523 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 523: 0
Comment number 522. Posted by Paul on
13 hours ago
Moral of the story - never keep large amounts of your crypto currencies in an exchange or pool. Always keep large amounts of cryptos in your own secure wallet based on your own computer node. Just download the coins wallet client and transfer to your wallet address. Sorted.

Report Comment number 522Link to Comment number 522
Rate comment number 522 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 522: 2 Rate comment number 522 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 522: 0
Comment number 521. Posted by Rick ZX6R on
13 hours ago
Real currencies are supported by the strength if a countries economy, their interest rates and the future economic prospects.

As a rule, ignoring the parasitic currency speculators, they tend to remain fairly stable with variations occurring due to poor growth rates or expectations.
Craptocurrencies have no economies, no intrinsic growth and no stability.
Ponzi scheme of the IT era.

Report Comment number 521Link to Comment number 521
Rate comment number 521 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 521: 7 Rate comment number 521 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 521: 3
More comments

8. Posted by Ex_NHS_Surgeon on
8 Dec 2017 04:46
Now let's see how this works: I run a bitcoin vault/exchange/mining hub. I realise I am sitting on millions 'worth' of Bitcoin. I don't want to carry on working for others for the rest of my life. I arrange for my Bitcoin company to be 'hacked'. Hell, I just hack it myself. Poof! It's all gone. I make an announcement: 'terribly sorry' and 'working with authorities' etc. No proof required. Beauty!

Report Comment number 8Link to Comment number 8
Rate comment number 8 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 8: 215 Rate comment number 8 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 8: 9
Comment number 11. Posted by Rick ZX6R on
8 Dec 2017 05:59
Ah,
So people who have virtually money, with doing no work have been virtually robbed.
Well, who virtually gives a rat's behind.

Report Comment number 11Link to Comment number 11
Rate comment number 11 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 11: 188 Rate comment number 11 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 11: 67
Comment number 20. Posted by HowStupidDoYouThinkIAm on
8 Dec 2017 07:03
Nobody outside the EU can steal the bundle of £20 notes I keep under my mattress.

But I will admit, the EU are having a good go.

Report Comment number 20Link to Comment number 20
Rate comment number 20 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 20: 137 Rate comment number 20 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 20: 83
Comment number 12. Posted by Lapthorn on
8 Dec 2017 06:08
So virtually nothing happened then!

Report Comment number 12Link to Comment number 12
Rate comment number 12 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 12: 122 Rate comment number 12 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 12: 16
Comment number 6. Posted by phonograph on
8 Dec 2017 03:21
2. SeasickJustice

Them were the days! A coin was a coin and you would smack a kid when they deserved a smack.

--

What a strange thing to say.

Report Comment number 6Link to Comment number 6
Rate comment number 6 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 6: 113 Rate comment number 6 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 6: 61
Comment number 71. Posted by The Unknown on
8 Dec 2017 10:59
Untraceable unregulated currency with a currently high market value... yep absolutely no way at all to predict something like this was going to happen whoopsie

Report Comment number 71Link to Comment number 71
Rate comment number 71 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 71: 100 Rate comment number 71 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 71: 5
Comment number 2. Posted by SeasickJustice on
8 Dec 2017 01:51
Back in my day coins were made of metal. None of this 'bit' stuff.

Yep, real coins you could buy a pint with.

Them were the days! A coin was a coin and you would smack a kid when they deserved a smack.

Report Comment number 2Link to Comment number 2
Rate comment number 2 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 2: 79 Rate comment number 2 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 2: 111
Comment number 17. Posted by Alex on
8 Dec 2017 06:54
Lol never saw this coming,

Report Comment number 17Link to Comment number 17
Rate comment number 17 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 17: 59 Rate comment number 17 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 17: 6
Comment number 4. Posted by tediouslybrief on
8 Dec 2017 02:10
Bitcoin gets stolen, fiat gets laundered.
Money is valuable, so criminals are interested in it.

Report Comment number 4Link to Comment number 4
Rate comment number 4 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 4: 56 Rate comment number 4 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 4: 1
Comment number 19. Posted by Alex on
8 Dec 2017 07:02
I’ve Just found a a big of bit coins out side work !!!

Sorry on second inspection it was bag chocolate coins with a bite taken out .Still far more useful and tasty than the other one

Report Comment number 19Link to Comment number 19
Rate comment number 19 positively Number of positive ratings for comment 19: 50 Rate comment number 19 negatively Number of negative ratings for comment 19: 30
More comments

Someone has way too much time on their hands

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

:LOL::LOL: it looks that way...

its good to see others having the same conversation..who's brave enough to buy into it before the big tank ? thats the question..:LOL:

fair play to those who bought btc in the early days, hats off to you gent's..(y)

forget Bitcoin Mike, lets say that boat sailed long ago. However, blockchain tech and some cryptos will survive.

I'm still trying to figure out how i'm going to play this arena, but i'm deffo going to play.
Mining new issues will be one approach.
Selective ICO's another.
Trading another.

I've had various meetings and conversations that lead me to believe we are just getting started with all this.

I've got no issue with all the doom mongers , **** takers and naysayers.
In a sane world, their reactions would be seen as normal.

But we are not living in a sane world...the rules have changed....failure to keep up will cost the masses dear !

A friend and I did a little research into Ripple last week, Gatehub want all your personal details inc a passport photocopy to supply you a wallet to keep your ripples in, Gatehub is a slovakian company with a postal address in hatton garden, You gotta draw the line somewhere when you think its just too dodgy..

To summarise:

I pay gbp, to convert into eur in order to buy virtual coins to keep in my virtual wallet.... The wallet is supplied by a company in slovakia ive never heard of, It is then stored ether on my pc hard drive or a form of digital storage on some cloud somewhere in the world. what can possibly go wrong ? :LOL: