Fear of missing out

This is your big mistake assuming it is a bubble.
We are still in awareness and adoption phase.

Anyway, one of us will be wrong, but I don't think it will be me :LOL:

When we say bubble that doesn't necessarily mean we are at the top , surely there could be some extra room to the upside 100k or whatever , however Bitcoin is eventually going to bite the dust ...

Well, sonicscooter & myself have decided to set up our own crypto

It does involve "actual mining" mind you, we've rigged both our houses from top to bottom with Caterpillar diggers & shovels & whatnot, digging starts in about a week (a kind of north south collaboration) where we'll do a channel tunnel style bore out & for every tulip we unearth it's going to be mined, tagged & sold for 1 solid bitcoin ! ....... no wait a minute, bitcoins aren't solid right !

ahh we'll fluff over that "bit"

Anyway pm me with your bank details & I'll errr ...start depositing asap !

Let us all know when you've put your fiat currency into real cryptos. Otherwise right or wrong, it will all have been nothing but bluster...I'm not even sure how you will define "right" because nobody is saying that this is the top.

If bitcoin goes to $100K and then to zero who gets to do the victory lap? I'd say it's the people calling it a bubble.

My criteria is that Bicoin is still around in 5 years and above $11K. If that happens I will concede I was wrong about cryptos.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

tulipmania.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1NupxasQWs

When we say bubble that doesn't necessarily mean we are at the top , surely there could be some extra room to the upside 100k or whatever , however Bitcoin is eventually going to bite the dust ...

100k!?

Wheres ya stop?? :D

To be fair I don't think CV is really debating the substance of bitcoin. Its a realtime discussion of which phase we are currently developing within this overall cycle. With all the users still to come in and companies offering better margin deals (to bring in the get rich quick brigade) then there must be a long way still to go. Surely, logically?

How anyone plays it is simply up to them, and their business.

What kills me are all the people saying the crypto is the hedge for when the financial system and governments start to collapse... In other words the society as we know it will end, but the internet somehow will magically survive :)

For me, the real hedge for the end of world is not gold either, but few good friends, medicine, food, water, guns and lots of ammo...

To be fair I don't think CV is really debating the substance of bitcoin. Its a realtime discussion of which phase we are currently developing within this overall cycle. With all the users still to come in and companies offering better margin deals (to bring in the get rich quick brigade) then there must be a long way still to go. Surely, logically?

How anyone plays it is simply up to them, and their business.

Thank you.

I'm also discussing the wider technology and the transparent ledger.

As we all know, the govt and establishment can and have been cooking the books since the dawn of time.

A permanent ledger however is a game changer. This is why the establishment are running scared because it involves truth and transparency. All the things that govt's hate and that they use to keep Joe public blind.

I'm not for One second saying that Bitcoin will win out in the crypto revolution, but in terms of raising awareness and bringing cryptos to everyone's attention, it's done a pretty good job.

Who said otherwise , surely the crypto space may have interesting new ideas/applications in the future .

For me, none of us know,,, at all.

It could go to some out of sight nuts number (could already be there) and straight back down to 10,000btc @ 2 pizzas.

Or at $10000000----- When FXX sets up to buy the breakout on the fundamentally confirmed basis 'as reported by the FT' that btc will in fact succeed our current db fiat system.. Jamie D (aka Satoshi Nakamoto, revealed publicly 50yrs later) chuckles on his death bed.

Roll on the conclusion, so I can quote some folk :D

btc price history

Thank you.

I'm also discussing the wider technology and the transparent ledger.

As we all know, the govt and establishment can and have been cooking the books since the dawn of time.

A permanent ledger however is a game changer. This is why the establishment are running scared because it involves truth and transparency. All the things that govt's hate and that they use to keep Joe public blind.

I'm not for One second saying that Bitcoin will win out in the crypto revolution, but in terms of raising awareness and bringing cryptos to everyone's attention, it's done a pretty good job.

Can you please give one example of wide used block chain technology besides tockens ?

Would you like all your let's say medical records floating around?
Or all you trading history/systems?
Or bank accounts and properties?
everything just a hacker/disgruntle employee away from being public for the whole world to see?

Even worst, someone with the enough power (>50%), can manipulate the ledger, e.g. elections, referendum results, etc...

No to mention how would you compensate the "miners"/ledger keeps to motive them to keep going and who is going to pay for it?

Bl@@dy right CV you are bang on !! .... Sonic & myself are in the awareness & adoption phase right now, so get in quick..... you seem to be one of only a handful of people who haven't pm'd us your bank details yet....... I do need the long card number on the front too....with the err 3 digit thingy on the back.....you know........for errr security reasons !

Well, sonicscooter & myself have decided to set up our own crypto

It does involve "actual mining" mind you, we've rigged both our houses from top to bottom with Caterpillar diggers & shovels & whatnot, digging starts in about a week (a kind of north south collaboration) where we'll do a channel tunnel style bore out & for every tulip we unearth it's going to be mined, tagged & sold for 1 solid bitcoin ! ....... no wait a minute, bitcoins aren't solid right !

ahh we'll fluff over that "bit"

Anyway pm me with your bank details & I'll errr ...start depositing asap !

There are 2 herds chasing.
Joe public being 1 and the other herd is govt, banks, businesses, investors, hedgies and so on. Competing herds can mean only one thing. BTC and all the rest carry on up.(y)

The Government are not chasing Bitcoin, the government has/is creating it's own coin (DYOR). Banks will do the same and self create if they feel the need to have a more less user friendly clunkier system than they currently do (that works well and is more secure). But at this time I doubt very much the banking system have much to fear because there is a Lynux of the monetary world supported by gamblers anonymous.