Fear of missing out

I've put a buy order in @ 13,000 with a limit @ 23,000 and a stop @ 7,000 (y)
May not get triggered, we shall see.

Surely it can’t be worth it? You’re potentially paying 100+ points spread (yes you could argue it’s a small amount relative to volatility), plus you will be paying roughly 13/14 * stake size for any overnights at current prices.

That’s a ridiculous cost, even if you only do the one trade which I’m sure you won’t. These spread bet companies aren’t stupid.

Good luck though (y)

Surely it can’t be worth it? You’re potentially paying 100+ points spread (yes you could argue it’s a small amount relative to volatility), plus you will be paying roughly 13/14 * stake size for any overnights at current prices.

That’s a ridiculous cost, even if you only do the one trade which I’m sure you won’t. These spread bet companies aren’t stupid.

Good luck though (y)

Better than any lottery ticket (y)

Wouldn’t the 100+ points spread + overnight costs + risk of serious slippage mean a better opportunity elsewhere? This is why I’ve stayed out.

Not for me, I just love volatility. There's nothing worse than grinding out trades that spend an age going nowhere. Gimmy volatility over anything else and costs pale into insignificance.

Attachments

• order.PNG
    order.PNG
    5.3 KB · Views: 146
  • BTCUSD.png
    BTCUSD.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 140
Should compare volatility based on available leverage , a leveraged Dax or oil position is much more volatile than Bitcoin .

Also daily range should be compared to spread costs , a 10000 points target in Bitcoin is just 100 times the spread , we get that action in oil and Dax everyday .

All bluster, No action

I'm waiting for the Bitcoin cheerleaders to actually put their money where their mouth is and BUY Bitcoin, the real deal not this toy penny-betting nonsense. :rolleyes:

So far it's all bluster no action.:sleep:

Let us know when you've done it.

I'm waiting for the Bitcoin cheerleaders to actually put their money where their mouth is and BUY Bitcoin, the real deal not this toy penny-betting nonsense. :rolleyes:

So far it's all bluster no action.:sleep:

Let us know when you've done it.

Agreed , if bitcoin is going to the moon then why not buy as much as they can , why not own the real shtt .

However i know a well known old member of this forum who is filthy rich now because he bought it at $0.5 and invested 10K in it and held it all the way to $ four figures .

Go get yourself an education son, then get back to me.

https://dailyreckoning.com/fiat-currency/

Telling me to get myself an education while flaunting an article that mentions the following (excluding the real cause and replacing it with his personal opinion)

The real underlying cause for failure with the examples in the article

Fiat Money –Rome — The Denarius
(the article describes silver purity in the coins)
- The real reason was the emperors, much like dictators, devaluing for their own gain

China — Flying Money
- more emperors spending more than they can afford

France — Livres, Assignats
- Kings - improperly thought out currency system

World War I Weimar Germany
- they were broke

Fiat Money -More Recent Times
Argentina
-broke after Faulkands war (but article doesn't mention that)

Mexican peso (crisis - but article doesn't mention this)
- actual reasoning - Chiapas uprising and assassination of presidential candidate = political instability

Thai baht (the article doesn't mention that Thailand was not the only economy)
- 1997 Asian crisis
affected Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Philipenes
(loss of confidence in region caused debt to rise)

Russian ruble 1998
-economic cost of Chechnya war
-declines in oil demand

Zimbabwe $
-dictator leaching the country for his own gain

-----------------------------------------

In every case mentioned by this unknown author (can't find anything credible about him), there is either an emperor(dictator), king(dictator), dictator, war, or regional issue spanning multiple countries. Basically he is twisting the cause into being fiat money and not the individual or ongoing crisis (which by the way would affect even bitcoin - it isn't invincible to crisis). I might have given this author, and you, more credibility if there were complete examples given and not cherry picked information from situations that would affect any asset value.

If this is your take on getting an education then I suggest you add a clause to the end that states "bu115!!t baffles brains". This couldn't be more true since you are subsequently categorising fiat money as a Ponzi scheme citing an inaccurate article at best as your evidence (and the article doesn't even mention Ponzi - this is all you).

Perhaps you should get back to moderating this forum and keep the rubbish you write to yourself as it is not correct.

Last edited:
Do you have an entry point in mind? Or an entry strategy? It doesn´t feel great arriving so late to the party...

Original order cancelled @ $12,970 as price never went anywhere near it. This is the trouble with a One directional market, getting an entry, adding and build a position etc.
Not to worry, something will turn up!

Lol, this nutjob predicts gold going to 4800 by February.

On what basis ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lol, this nutjob predicts gold going to 4800 by February.

On what basis ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On the basis that life as the masses understand it will be turned on it's head.

He specifically points to cryptos taking off first, which they have, followed by silver and gold. Well I have no idea about silver and gold, but so far he is spot on with cryptos. He even put a number on BTC of 13,000 and we are already there.

Btw, he has a very good track record in all areas both in specific and general trends.
Far from a nut job.

Original order cancelled @ $12,970 as price never went anywhere near it. This is the trouble with a One directional market, getting an entry, adding and build a position etc.
Not to worry, something will turn up!

Ive seen a few folks talk about massive spreads on the otc offerings etc. In this situation in particular, I think youre better off on the exchange CV. Imo better to seek value, accept the risk (bitcoin could go to zero), stick a bunch o limits out there, see what the market gives you, then do the best you can with what you have.

Ive not been paying much attention to other exchanges but as I said earlier, someone got filled on their bids down to £6,200 the other day when the tarders :sick::sick::sick:! That was an opportunity for anyone wanting to buy. It dont take much to do that when the books thin, by mistake or design, but you have to be guy at the plate with the orders out there to capitalise.

6099-darktone-albums-general-9-picture5636-bitcoin.jpg