Fear of missing out

https://api.cointelegraph.com/amp/v...to-launch-tuesday-to-make-bitcoin-great-again

Another new Bitcoin , a few other versions of btc to follow as well ...

Lulz

Is this making of new coins an attempt to prevent the crash of Bitcoin?
By making new coins, wouldn't that essentially bring the perceived value of Bitcoin down? Spreading coin investors out and preventing so many people jumping on the Bitcoin bandwagon, driving it's value beyond rationality and eventually nose diving...

If this was the case then Bitcoin could maintain it's dominance in the Crypto world and increase it's longevity.

By making new coins, wouldn't that essentially bring the perceived value of Bitcoin down? Spreading coin investors out and preventing so many people jumping on the Bitcoin bandwagon, driving it's value beyond rationality and eventually nose diving...

If this was the case then Bitcoin could maintain it's dominance in the Crypto world and increase it's longevity.

Basically it is cashing on the hype, bunch of Chinese miners who hold the ledger, decide on a fork to create more coins out thin air and reward themselves with pre-mined coins for free, wait for the exchanges to start trading them and sell to he gullible public and plan the next fork... rinse and repeat...

5 more hard forks to come just in the next 2 weeks:

https://twitter.com/btc/status/936676034207997952

On the contrary old outdated versions of Bitcoin will lose value much like any technology .

Basically it is cashing on the hype, bunch of Chinese miners who hold the ledger, decide on a fork to create more coins out thin air and reward themselves with pre-mined coins for free, wait for the exchanges to start trading them and sell to he gullible public and plan the next fork... rinse and repeat...

We are talking about alot of money to be made from these premined coins . Rinse and repeat .

Lovely

I need to befriend these guys...

On the contrary old outdated versions of Bitcoin will lose value much like any technology .

Yes, but surely at a managed rate, not the catastrophic faceplant that is going to occur at this rate.

I need to befriend these guys...

Yes, but surely at a managed rate, not the catastrophic faceplant that is going to occur at this rate.

People will willingly ditch the old stuff in exchange for the new one , like mobile phones .

christ, not like we have enuf to tared already...stocks/futures/ETFS/FOREX/CDFS ets

if they can't tarde tose..then hang up it up

litecoin made a decent move today, apparently it was unavailable on Coinbase at some point. Are people ploughing into this one instead now? Do we reckon litecoin will hit the heights of bitcoin as it seems superior?

I’m still sat on the fence but I think some people are too quick to dismiss the opportunity to make some money on this via the greater fool theory as I’ve said before.

litecoin made a decent move today, apparently it was unavailable on Coinbase at some point. Are people ploughing into this one instead now? Do we reckon litecoin will hit the heights of bitcoin as it seems superior?

I’m still sat on the fence but I think some people are too quick to dismiss the opportunity to make some money on this via the greater fool theory as I’ve said before.

If you look at the stock market, almost every day there is a stock that is up 10, 20, 50, 100% and if you look into options, the numbers are much grater, so do you fill the same that you are missing out every day?

I just don't get it, you either have a plan and you trade it, or you don't and you don't trade it, there is no fence in between to sit on.

"Buy and hope" is not a good trading strategy even tough sometimes might work in the short term, but you won't get rich that way...

i thought the spread would be less expensive now with future trading

but its 120 now on btcusd:eek:

and 60 on btceuro

https://www.ig.com/uk/cryptocurrency-trading

Low liquidity. I heard someone on bloomberg say there was something like 2000 contracts traded on bitcoin at around 1pm today for the day at that point. They then went onto say in the same time period 75k gold contracts were traded.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you look at the stock market, almost every day there is a stock that is up 10, 20, 50, 100% and if you look into options, the numbers are much grater, so do you fill the same that you are missing out every day?

I just don't get it, you either have a plan and you trade it, or you don't and you don't trade it, there is no fence in between to sit on.

"Buy and hope" is not a good trading strategy even tough sometimes might work in the short term, but you won't get rich that way...

Yeah I have said many times there are other/better opportunities out there, my leverage abuse would give me far greater gains than buying bitcoin right now due to the massive risk difference.

There’s always a fence to sit on. At the moment I’m doing my research as I knew nothing about bitcoin until a couple weeks ago. Obviously I’d heard the name but never took an interest in it. If I was going to buy and hope I would have done it when I started this thread but I’m not stupid and I won’t trade something I don’t understand so I am in the process of working out where I stand with cryptos.

Yeah I have said many times there are other/better opportunities out there, my leverage abuse would give me far greater gains than buying bitcoin right now due to the massive risk difference.

There’s always a fence to sit on. At the moment I’m doing my research as I knew nothing about bitcoin until a couple weeks ago. Obviously I’d heard the name but never took an interest in it. If I was going to buy and hope I would have done it when I started this thread but I’m not stupid and I won’t trade something I don’t understand so I am in the process of working out where I stand with cryptos.

OK, fair enough!

Low liquidity. I heard someone on bloomberg say there was something like 2000 contracts traded on bitcoin at around 1pm today for the day at that point. They then went onto say in the same time period 75k gold contracts were traded.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yep and half coming form IB = retail

Good watch as part of your ongoing education, especially those who don't understand inflation and fiat and who is doing what to who.

Good watch as part of your ongoing education, especially those who don't understand inflation and fiat and who is doing what to who.

Thanks CV, I'm gonna look it up later.

Do you have a strategy for entering the market? Are you waiting for a sharp correction or something minor?

I am looking to place 20% into a mix of Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum but waiting for a correction that gets weak holders out.