Failure rate IG

gtspeed

Hi All

I use IG for trading and almost 100% of the time the market moves to the point of entry and reverses , even with luck of the draw I should be right at least one .however no.

Sometimes I do wonder if TA is just as good as a coin toss

Hi All

I use IG for trading and almost 100% of the time the market moves to the point of entry and reverses , even with luck of the draw I should be right at least one .however no.

TA on time-frames measured in minutes is a coin-toss. But so is long-term TA using a lot of familiar chart patterns and candlestick patterns.

Hi Tom , I agree , just a late night rant. Trading is very hard but sometimes wonder why the markets seem to turn the moment entered. I have placed random entry and the market move down open and never move to profit just turn back

TA is, quite a lot of the time, great in hindsight. Unless it's a very clear pattern that everyone can see, it probably won't work. Focus your time on entering trades at S&R levels using limit orders - ie buy at support, sell at resistance (or look to scale out/close at these same levels if you're already in a trade).

What instrument(s) are you trading?

I used to trade the majors , but find them a rel head ache . Since moving to oil and a EFT gold miners I have had better results using a ichimku cloud break on the 1hr , hoowever keep trying the FX and that is where I lose all the time.

Hi All

How is it possible that the market moves against you 100% of the time, yet your trade blotter shows so many winning trades?
Your problem appears to be not trading, rather Photoshop version. Upgrade now.

3:47