Experienced Profitable Trader looking for an Investor

Magnum Opus

Dear Potential Investor

I’m a UK based trader and have been predominantly trading UK and US Equity Index markets as well as some major FX crosses, on and off full-time for over 7 years with very good success.

I’m now looking for a serious private investor who would allow me to either trade their capital or if preferred, they can trade my market calls in return for sharing related profits. I know there are private individuals out there for whom a sizeable trading capital base is not a problem. Rather, they are having trouble making decent returns on their capital or are trying to turn around their loss making accounts. I can genuinely help you achieve some great consistent monthly returns of at least 10% or more.

Basically, I have developed a solid discretionary intraday system that is can be scaled up quite considerably trading certain liquid markets and will provide a basis for some excellent returns that are not correlated to the general markets. I don’t care whether the markets are choppy or directional, my discretionary system will give profits week in week out whatever the general markets are doing.

I’m a very strong believer in strict risk management policy, so every trade will have a predetermined stop loss level. One would never be using more than 1.5 to 2% of their capital on any one trade and on average, about 2 to perhaps 8 trades would be made each market trading day. Now the risk to reward ratio would vary per trade depending on the set up presented to me upon a signal from the system. Sometimes it could be 1:1 and sometimes it could be 1:3 or better.

I would primarily be looking for people with at least trading capital of £ 50,000 upwards. I can trade via DMA or through a spreadbetting firm, whichever you prefer. Having a good capital base to work from is more important as it gives one plenty of safety room in the event of a few consecutive wrong calls which can happen from time to time (a key point to note is that in the event of any losses, they always recovered by the next trading day at the very latest).

Bear in mind, I am not FSA regulated so a disclaimer will be added to any private Gentlemen’s agreement or contractual arrangement that myself and an interested party can potentially come to.

I am very serious about this and would therefore really welcome the opportunity to take things further a.s.a.p. with those who reciprocate strong interest. All that I request is for honesty on your behalf when it comes to a profit split agreement.

I do not want to waste anyone’s time. I’d be happy to meet up or exchange contact details with the right potential investor. I can provide trading statements as proof of my success and relevant references to rest assure a potential investor.

More importantly, I can start trading immediately.

If anyone is interested, please PM me to discuss or question this matter further.

Best Regards
M.O.

p.s. any criminal elements of society should not contact me as I will carry out some due diligence of my own with any potential investors.

Last edited:
out of interest, and please dont take this as suspicion, but why would you want the hassle of reporting to your investors if you are trading profitably? why not just build your own margin and enjoy the freedom?

why not go talk to some arcades. they are always looking to back good traders, and will offer a better structure. kyte group for example have an emerging hedge fund incubation arm that help find professional capital.

expecting to meet some stranger on an internet board willing to trust another complete stranger dont seem too bright to me - unless of course youre the criminal element whos gunna do the runner.

good luck

No, don't worry Charlie. I don't take your comments as suspicion on me. I can fully understand people being wary of such posts, proposals and offers especially if they're from someone who has posted for the very first time in a forum and so there is no familiarity with the person you might want to deal with.

Look, I would rather prefer a potential investor to trade my calls and then split the profits so that they have full control over their own trading accounts and their capital. That way, the very thought of me running off with someone's dough has absolutely zero chance. I've always been a law-abiding, principled citizen all my life and have seen karma work its mysterious ways many a time. You do wrong, it will eventually come back to bite and haunt you at some stage in your life. A life of crime has never appealed to me and never will.

If one just works hard in an honest way and puts in the sincere effort of making things work for oneself no matter how many obstacles are put in their way, a lucky break will eventually come and take them onto the next stage of their life.

Yes, it is wonderful to build your own margin and enjoy your own freedom but unfortunately for me, recent unforeseen domestic events (nowt to do with trading) have set me back in a big way and despite trying to trade for the last 18 months managing to double or triple my capital in a matter of days numerous times, I'm constantly forced to withdraw my equity to pay for my basic expenditures so have to start from scratch again. There's too much high risk involved and it becomes a daily uphill battle to perform miracles.

Hence the reason I'm seeking an Angel Investor for my trading. I'm only looking for a single investor who is able to work from a significant capital base and would be ready to start things quite quickly.

Going to arcades or firms will 99.9% of the time require me to put up capital which I don't have. I also don't want to waste 2 or 3 months sitting on some simulator which isn't paying my bills or living costs. I simply cannot afford such a path. I haven't had a single losing trading account since I first started trading and considering I've had multiple accounts, it wasn't down to luck. Trading the financial markets is amongst the best and most satisfying jobs one could have especially if you're good at it. I love it and have sacrificed many hours towards improving my trading knowledge and performance.

I'm careful to distinguish between what constitutes as pure gambling tendencies and what is a calculated favourable risk trade that will reward hard work with profits.

Essentially, what I am promising any potential Angel Investor is that I will be able to at least double their account in 12 months using strict money management. A large trading fund just gives more bang for your buck in monetary terms and both my investor/backer and myself won't have to worry about our monthly incomes.

But hey, if there is a genuine private fund management firm looking to fully back a trader in order to let them trade immediately, I'd really appreciate any referrals from all informed sources. I prefer remote trading but if there is attendance requirement in a quiet office, I don't mind that either.

As for the "stranger on the internet" comment, let me just say that financial bulletin boards and forums can certainly be a hazardous jungle to negotiate but I have made some great friends via this medium in the past and once you're a seasoned pro, you can quite quickly establish who the dodgy peeps if you happen to meet them in real life.

Due dilligence is required by all parties. It isn't a one sided affair.

Any more questions or criticisms anyone? I promise I won't be offended. :)

Going to arcades or firms will 99.9% of the time require me to put up capital which I don't have. I also don't want to waste 2 or 3 months sitting on some simulator which isn't paying my bills or living costs. I simply cannot afford such a path.
I'm careful to distinguish between what constitutes as pure gambling tendencies and what is a calculated favourable risk trade that will reward hard work with profits.

This whole thread does not make sense, if you have been profitable for 7 years then how can you not afford to put up your own capital, you can go to an arcade and put up as little as 10k. If you cant afford to do that after apparently trading profitably for 7 years then are you really that profitable ?

This whole thread does not make sense, if you have been profitable for 7 years then how can you not afford to put up your own capital, you can go to an arcade and put up as little as 10k. If you cant afford to do that after apparently trading profitably for 7 years then are you really that profitable ?

Not sure if you missed this part of my above reply:

"Yes, it is wonderful to build your own margin and enjoy your own freedom but unfortunately for me, recent unforeseen domestic events (nowt to do with trading) have set me back in a big way an...."

I would not even bother to post here had I even 5k to trade with at this moment in time. The word profitable in my post means return on investment percentage wise as opposed to in terms of quantitative monetary amounts.

Angels Den​

Use your Account statements as your Business Plan Finanical Figures & your Trading Plan for the modus operandi.

Good Luck !!!

Going to arcades or firms will 99.9% of the time require me to put up capital which I don't have. I also don't want to waste 2 or 3 months sitting on some simulator which isn't paying my bills or living costs. I simply cannot afford such a path. I haven't had a single losing trading account since I first started trading and considering I've had multiple accounts, it wasn't down to luck. Trading the financial markets is amongst the best and most satisfying jobs one could have especially if you're good at it. I love it and have sacrificed many hours towards improving my trading knowledge and performance.

I think to be honest you are chatting nonsense on this one...what are prop firms in the business of? Backing profitable traders...if you have the record you say you have...then it is as simple as this...go to meet various prop firms and I would bet my life that you will be offered a split agreement...i reiterate....IF YOU have the record you say you have.

Last edited:
Aston1st, thanks for the advice mate. :D

Tonster01. I think I'll give it a go with any decent UK based prop firm I can find. Let's see what happens.

Will report back on my progress before the end of October. Over and out! (y)

Wow! I hope no-one needs the absurdities and inconsistencies of this extraordinary proposal pointed out. The explanations, though hard to credit, actually serve only to make things worse.

Magnum Opus, I would not touch this with a bargepole.

For those considering (surely no-one can be), don't say you weren't warned.

Well, what a 48 hours it has been and a huge change in fortunes for me since my initial opening post last week.

I've no need to apply anywhere as I've managed to get some substantial funding through a family relation who was informed of my non-trading related problems. They were extremely generous to help out. They will now be well compensated for their faith in me.

I spent all of yesterday and again this morning till now trading the Indices plus some FX crosses. I've made 12% return risking around 10% of the capital which granted, is well above normal risk % one should be using when trading, but if one genuinely believes in themselves and what they do, sometimes you have to grab the opportunity with both hands and throw a bit of caution to the wind.

Please consider this thread now closed. My apologies for all the fuss & distraction this thread may have caused. Thank you and wishing everyone of you all the best in your trading endeavours.

"and throw a bit of caution to the wind"

That sentence may come back and haunt you.

Aston1st, that sentence was referring to having the courage to ask someone for help when you need it as long as you don't take their assistance for granted and know that it may be the one chance in life you have to get back on track . One may risk being humiliated or fobbed off, but my belief is that if you've done some good to others in life, the favour gets returned in form or another.

Even if someone does come and offer some funds to trade with, one has to make sure they don't suffer from Trader's freeze or block for fear of making losses as you risk losing the chance to succeed altogether. You have to be a in a trade to make it happen in conjunction with following the rules laid down with whatever system or method is being used.

Therefore, I didn't mean it as being reckless with someone's money. I think I should have made this point a bit more clearly in my previous post. Sorry.

Well, what a 48 hours it has been and a huge change in fortunes for me since my initial opening post last week.

I've no need to apply anywhere as I've managed to get some substantial funding through a family relation who was informed of my non-trading related problems. They were extremely generous to help out. They will now be well compensated for their faith in me.

I spent all of yesterday and again this morning till now trading the Indices plus some FX crosses. I've made 12% return risking around 10% of the capital which granted, is well above normal risk % one should be using when trading, but if one genuinely believes in themselves and what they do, sometimes you have to grab the opportunity with both hands and throw a bit of caution to the wind.

Please consider this thread now closed. My apologies for all the fuss & distraction this thread may have caused. Thank you and wishing everyone of you all the best in your trading endeavours.

WTF? Is anyone expected to take this sh1t seriously?

I would think that anyone making 10% per month, backed up with proof ?
would have a cue of people banging on their door? The average ROI for hedge funds is 1% per year at the mo. The best I've seen is about 20-30%

I would think that anyone making 10% per month, backed up with proof ?
would have a cue of people banging on their door? The average ROI for hedge funds is 1% per year at the mo. The best I've seen is about 20-30%

There are so many absurd scams out there promising unlimited money from nothing that the exceptionally profitable trading methods that actually -do- work remain generally undiscovered and written off as another scam. I am not positive, but I do believe that any attempt to secure a business loan based on trading would be denied.

This guy trades live, and basically uses the market as an ATM machine. Watch him for yourself. www.tradeitdontdateit.com/live . When he isn't trading live, the stream plays reruns. He usually trades 14+ hours a day during the week, though so not too hard to catch.

Even if what he says is all true, it still seems a poor proposition.

5-8 trades a day, 2% risk, 10% a month. That's some teeny tiny edge, as in the sort which could very likely be random.