eSignal version 7.8 now available

eSignal Support

eSignal 7.8 is now available to download!

Lots of great new additions and fixes, especially for European Traders. Here's some of the new content we added in 7.8:

European Data:
London Stock Exchange - UK Domestic Level II
Support for LSE Professional Member pricing
Euronext - Equities Level II
OFEX - a market for the very newest and inexperienced U.K.
companies that includes a couple of hundred under-researched
and fast-growing companies
Bern Stock Exchange - available through the Swiss Stock Exchange

Asia Data:
Osaka Stock Exchange - equities and indices only.

News:
CNF (Consolidated News Feed) - formerly RNS or Regulatory News Service, provides all regulatory company announcements from U.K. companies
Dow Jones Financial Wire - the international equivalent of Dow Jones News Wire which specializes in news on European, Middle Eastern and African companies and the economy
Symbol linking on international symbols from news sources including
AFX, CNF and Dow Jones Financial News

For a complete list of enhancements and fixes in 7.8 and for links to the download page and Account Maintenance (to add any of these new services), please see this notice on eSignal Central.

Thanks.

tonyleongson said:
Scott, would you care to comment on http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=12751.

I am about to move from ADVFN to another provider and am considering eSignal. But comments such as in the above thread worry me.

Thanks and regards,
TPL

I did a quick comparison between Yahoo, Thomson (source for LSE website) and eSignal. There are differences but none of the 3 match so its difficult to say what the correct prices are. Today for ex, Thomson has PSON-LON with a high of 615.37 for today. eSignal shows a high of 613, as does Yahoo. When you study the intraday chart or time and sales, that 615.37 price sure looks like a bad tick, as there are no other trades even close to that one during that time period.

We source the data directly from the Exchange, by the way, so I can't imagine our data not being pretty clean and if there is some sort of issue going on, I'm sure it's something that can be addressed more than likely. If users want to submit more specific data examples for us to evaluate, please either send it directly to Technical Support or post on eSignal Central under our Data Inquiries section.

Thanks.

eSignal Support said:
I did a quick comparison between Yahoo, Thomson (source for LSE website) and eSignal. There are differences but none of the 3 match so its difficult to say what the correct prices are. Today for ex, Thomson has PSON-LON with a high of 615.37 for today. eSignal shows a high of 613, as does Yahoo. When you study the intraday chart or time and sales, that 615.37 price sure looks like a bad tick, as there are no other trades even close to that one during that time period.

We source the data directly from the Exchange, by the way, so I can't imagine our data not being pretty clean and if there is some sort of issue going on, I'm sure it's something that can be addressed more than likely. If users want to submit more specific data examples for us to evaluate, please either send it directly to Technical Support or post on eSignal Central under our Data Inquiries section.

Thanks.

Jay

Thanks for that. Have posted a more detailed query on eSignal Central, which is what I should have done in the first place.

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11235

Cheers

Stew

Differences between price data feeds

Regarding the differences between varying price data between vendors, I've looked into this a little, and think that the differences come about because of the inclusion or exlusion of the pre/end of market auctions in London. Updata has the most accurate data because they include this info, but, the LSE only shoots out data after the official market opening and closing times, which ADVFN uses (and Sharescope base their EOD data on).

Gerardicus said:
Regarding the differences between varying price data between vendors, I've looked into this a little, and think that the differences come about because of the inclusion or exlusion of the pre/end of market auctions in London. Updata has the most accurate data because they include this info, but, the LSE only shoots out data after the official market opening and closing times, which ADVFN uses (and Sharescope base their EOD data on).

Yes I am sure it is something like that. ESignal are looking into it and will report back when they come to a conclusion.

Stew

Gerardicus said:

No particular brief for SS here - I too have found the odd glitch with their EOD data (ie 3rd Dec DOW high 10,870 !!!), but their EOD prices DO include the LSE close auction. Not quite so happy about their ftse index opening prices though. Lots of potential for big discrepancies there but then most TA gurus don't consider an index opening price do be a reliable input anyway - so many differing interpretations as to its significance with the arbitrariness of the calculation etc - better use HLC I reckon. Unless you're into gaps of course because there won't be any unless the open is different from the close!

I think if you're an End Of Day trader, then ShareScope is great. Best on the market for the UK as an EOD system. But, if you need accurate data intraday for the UK, you can't seem to beat Updata for their feed. The only problem is their analysis software isn't as customizable as Tradestation or Metastock. There seems to be a big gap in the market in the UK for a good TA system such as these, embedded with a good EOD and Intraday feed.

Just look at the attached pic. It shows the differences between SS and Updata, as well as ADVFN and MoneyAM, whom differ in the same way. This pic shows the FTSE about three months ago, same EOD data! Now that can cause problems with stops and entries!

Attachments

• stockDifferences.gif
    stockDifferences.gif
    31.9 KB · Views: 573
Just a quick question about Esignal.

Is it true that you can only run it from one pc per subscription price ? E.g. If you subscribe, you can't say access it from work pc and then also access it from home in evenings ?

Thanks in advance...

jitasb said:
Just a quick question about Esignal.

Is it true that you can only run it from one pc per subscription price ? E.g. If you subscribe, you can't say access it from work pc and then also access it from home in evenings ?

Thanks in advance...
I think you can access it from any PC you want, but what you can't do is access it from 2 pc's at once as you can only have one data manager running at once.