ES Trading Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

new_trader

Legendary member
I thought I would start a new trading journal for 2 main reasons.

1. It will be a sort of ‘how far I’ve come’ type journal.
  2. It will help with me remaining focused and disciplined. My trading is still being affected by my propensity to enter a trade when I ought not to.
It is more important to focus on the points won/lost rather than the money made. My philosophy in trading is that you should focus all your efforts in being right because that is the most important thing, money is simply the reward for being right. If you make money the goal you will never progress.

ALL TRADES ARE MADE WITH A 1.25 POINT MENTAL STOP.

Today's trade

[email protected]
[email protected]
--------------

Attachments

• 07-11-2008.bmp
    685.2 KB · Views: 579
How much greater my profits would be if I could exercise a little more patience!

Attachments

• 10-11-2008.bmp
    688.5 KB · Views: 494
If possible could you save the files as .jpg - It saves me from downloading them all the time :). (Damn firefox!)
Good luck on your journal!

My methodology is sound.
My figuring is perfect.
My ability to pick turning points is exceptional.
My entries...my entries........my entries.....
And I still make sucker plays.

Trade
1.Impatience
2.Impatience
3.Perfect
4.Impatience
5.Perfect
6.SUCKER PLAY
7.Impatience
8.Perfect - (Market [email protected]) Stop trailed too quickly

For those who are questioning the number of trades today, I do practice the 1 trade/day philosophy but I won’t be trading the rest of the week. So I need to get the practice in.

Attachments

• 10-11-2008b.jpg
    10-11-2008b.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 624
If my figuring is correct and so far I am correct although I haven’t managed to profit from it yet, no trades so far today but the market is doing exactly what I expected.

The end of day target is low to mid 770’s. (Possibly even higher)

Personally I won’t be shorting now but looking once again to go long, probably in the mid to high 750’s.

As always, do your own research.

If my figuring is correct and so far I am correct although I haven’t managed to profit from it yet, no trades so far today but the market is doing exactly what I expected.

Personally I won’t be shorting now but looking once again to go long, probably in the mid to high 750’s.

Well, my figuring was perfect but my execution was pathetic.

776.00 hit @ 20:14 (approx)

I missed my opportunities so no trades today. 1st opportunity lost because I was stuffing my face with pizza and 2nd opportunity lost because of finger trouble. I (thought I) clicked buy but no response from the program...I suppose it was because that part of my application wasn't in focus.

Anyway, not to worry. What matters to me most is that my figuring was correct.

Market [email protected]

When you do your figuring correctly the right hand side of the chart obediently wafts away as expected.

Why only one trade/day and how do you determine buy/sell px's? Are you looking for one big winner each day?

Status
Not open for further replies.