End of Day commodities prices

adrianallen99

Established member
Is there anywhere I can download these?
Nice if they were free as well - I can get the charts. but to have the actual OHLC would be useful to put into excel.

Thanks in advance

Adrian

The email notification seems pretty keen to tell me that oatman has posted a reply, I have now received 3 emails telling me.

Not quite free, but Febo Dataform is what I've been using for years. http://home.earthlink.net/~dataform. $US 75 for 6 mo. Very easy to use ascii files that are emailed to me at the end of every trading day. Comes with a simple free charting program with a few basic indicators. It seems to be a one man operation. Hope this helps someone.

Are we all short gold today?

EOD Futures Data

I use Pinnacle Data, US$12 per month for all the North American commodities. The advantage is that I can create back-adjusted or non-adjusted continuous files on the fly. This allows me to use long term indicators like 200-bar MAs. Downloading is a breeze. There is also a very useful table of info on rollover dates, and the number of calendar and trading days left before rollover. The drawback is that I can't check prices of the forward contract. I have to wait till the current contract expires before the continuous files splice in the new prices. This is a bit inconvenient. If I get trade signals near a rollover date, I have to look elsewhere for info on the next contract in order to enter my trades.

MyTrack with SierraChart lets you create Continuous contracts using the timing criteria you want.

i.e On Expiry, 5 days before expiry etc.

JonnyT

Is there somewhere that historical commodity data is freely available? I only need 2003 and 2002. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have used Pinnacle, but thy mostly focus on US futures. Skipped to Quotes Plus, quite happy so far.