EliteTrader VS Trade2win

It's also probably worth mentioning that Mods operate completely independently of T2W.
They are not employed in any capacity, such that they can be impartial in their decision making at all times.
Just to underline c_v's point, I play no party in the activities of the Mods and, in turn, they treat me in the same way as they would any other member. Having said that, I have noticed that on the odd occasion that a post of mine has been reported they take great delight in deleting it!

. . . Regarding itspossible, he needs to be put on notice he's not in the least bit funny and his penchant for trolling every post and making some half-assed attempt at wit speaks volumes. I feel for the guy.
Hi optionpro,
Thanks for your measured reply.

I'm not going to comment on the specific member you're unhappy with, but I take your general point and understand your beef. I've felt this way about a fair few characters over the years - as have most other members I image. The problem is that the people I take exception to - another member will like. If everyone was always in agreement about who the 'good' members are and who are the ones that should be shown the door - life would be easy. That's why we have a Community Constitution - to provide a clearly defined benchmark for members to abide by and for the Moderators to uphold.

. . .And lastly, do you not have a "This thread is closed for further replies" tag you can use when a thread is closed? Not "Thread closed" (http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-feedback-announcements/220816-unprofessional.html#post2847758) stated in such a way that makes the mod feel like some big tough guy. I was actually quite satisfied with counter_violent's response, which is the same as you explained above. The remarkl "thread closed" remark needs to be discussed with 333. Its all in how things are percieved. Next time use a more professional thread closing tool.
The 'Thread Closed' that appears at the end of a (closed) thread is just a standard function within the vBulletin software that T2W uses. I doubt it can be changed and you're the only member I'm aware of that's ever mentioned it. If you're referring to Trader333's specific comments on the matter - that's just his posting style - short and to the point - unlike mine! I assure it's nothing personal.

. . . I might add in closing, if you want to beef up the quality of the site, you should speak to your regulars and moderate their constant attempts at humour in every thread. When its not mean spirited its fine, when it is, which is most of the time, it reeks of unprofessionalism and a severe lack of knowledge in the field of trading and more of a lack of purpose in life.
Again, as with your first point, I hear you. But, that which you find tiresome and boring another member will find hilarious. If the Mods start to judge members' attempts at humour, then they and T2W in general will be accused of being "a bunch of insecure, thin skinned "hall monitor" mentalities that seem to derive self worth by policing the thoughts and posts of others". Oh the irony!
;)
Tim.

Just to underline c_v's point, I play no party in the activities of the Mods and, in turn, they treat me in the same way as they would any other member. Having said that, I have noticed that on the odd occasion that a post of mine has been reported they take great delight in deleting it!

Tim.

:cheesy: how can you tell

. . . I which case tar, may I suggest you match it here on T2W. By doing that, the rest of us will then have a standard of excellence to aspire to. You can be the high water mark to float all ships.
;)

You are all better than me guys . But hence you are a T2W staff i see where you are coming from .

I guess T2W will always be the laggard because its geared towards spread betting and cfds , so it will always be a "Futures vs Spread Betting" case .

I was new here several months ago, and received a terrible reception by someone here with thousands of posts and no life. (The dude the gay game of thrones horse avatar)

So I ignored him, began chatting with a very knowledgeable poster in stocks who was putting forth valid, well thought out trading ideas, and her entire thread was discarded. Like 17 pages. Unbelievable. They said her "trades weren't real". I could care less if they were real. Why should anybody?!!! As far as I'm concerned she could have been posting from a prison library-- I liked her chart work. But no, she was vaporized.

And get this, before her thread got wiped out, the guy with they gay avatar posted some stupid picture mocking her and A MOD GAVE IT A THUMBS UP. UN-f'ing-Professional.

It gets better. When I ran it up the pole for feedback... they closed that thread too.
T2W has a bunch of insecure, thin skinned "hall monitor" mentalities that seem to derive self worth by policing the thoughts and posts of others.

There's a reason the real professional traders like ET. Because Baron accepts all kinds and you have to be an extreme asshole to so much as get a warning. Let alone an entire thread deleted, and then have the "kindergarten cop" mod shut down a discussion about why it was deleted.

ET is 1000 times better.

And before you say "well go over there and stay then mate" its too late, I already have, along with damn near everyone of the folks I chat to on FB, and TWTR, which is well over 100. And they all know this story. This place sucks. Losers.

https://twitter.com/jeffmacke?lang=en
WE WILL MISS U :whistling
NICE TWITTER LINK-REALLY UNEXPECTED;)

Last edited:
T2W needs to court the US players more. This place dies about the time I wake up:sleep:

More US futures threads/players would help too. ES, YM,NQ.

Hi optionpro,
Thanks for your measured reply.

I'm not going to comment on the specific member you're unhappy with, but I take your general point and understand your beef. I've felt this way about a fair few characters over the years - as have most other members I image. The problem is that the people I take exception to - another member will like. If everyone was always in agreement about who the 'good' members are and who are the ones that should be shown the door - life would be easy. That's why we have a Community Constitution - to provide a clearly defined benchmark for members to abide by and for the Moderators to uphold.

The 'Thread Closed' that appears at the end of a (closed) thread is just a standard function within the vBulletin software that T2W uses. I doubt it can be changed and you're the only member I'm aware of that's ever mentioned it. If you're referring to Trader333's specific comments on the matter - that's just his posting style - short and to the point - unlike mine! I assure it's nothing personal.

Again, as with your first point, I hear you. But, that which you find tiresome and boring another member will find hilarious. If the Mods start to judge members' attempts at humour, then they and T2W in general will be accused of being "a bunch of insecure, thin skinned "hall monitor" mentalities that seem to derive self worth by policing the thoughts and posts of others". Oh the irony!
;)
Tim.

Thanks Tim.
I very much appreciate the response. And your consideration.
In the future, I have one request, without using the ignore function, I would prefer itspossible and Oscar-Reed to not reply to any of my threads.

I will post quality material, but its a two way street. They have "free will" I am aware and that puts you into a somewhat odd position, but I trust you will handle it. If you do, you will be rewarded. I'm not out to play games, but I cannot deal with lower IQ's whose sole purpose is to get attention via any means. Thanks.

Thanks Tim.
In the future, I have one request, without using the ignore function, I would prefer itspossible and Oscar-Reed to not reply to any of my threads.

I will post quality material, but its a two way street. They have "free will" I am aware and that puts you into a somewhat odd position, but I trust you will handle it. If you do, you will be rewarded. I'm not out to play games, but I cannot deal with lower IQ's whose sole purpose is to get attention via any means. Thanks.

i 2nd that(y)

Thanks Tim.

Hi optionpro,
As much as I might like to at times, I have no power or authority to stop a member from posting to any given thread. Actually, no one does. Any member can post to any thread - so long as they don't breach the Community Constitution. So, to your conundrum. . .

It's not an uncommon one for which there are two solutions. The first - and easiest - is the ignore function. I recommend you (re)consider it as it's pretty effective. And the reason for that is that people soon tire of posting to a thread if they know that the member they're aiming their comments at isn't even reading them - let alone replying to them. The other option is to start a thread in the Trading Journals forum which gives the thread starter some unique permissions not afforded to them in other forums. These are explained in this Sticky: Essentials Of 'Trading Journals'. If you don't want to read the whole thing, scroll down to the section entitled: Special Features of the ‘Trading Journals’ Forum.

I hope one or other option is acceptable to you and, if so, I look forward to my reward. There is really only one that interests me and that is that you post some interesting and thought provoking content that helps T2W members to up their trading game.

Happy New Year,
Tim.

Last edited:
Thanks Tim.

it's not that serious dude

Attachments

• asperger-syndrome_o_4712773.jpg
    asperger-syndrome_o_4712773.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 141
Both the sites have pros and cons. Elite is more focused on US emini trading while trade2win focuses much on FX. My suggestion is to read both of them. [Link removed]

surf

Last edited by a moderator:
Both the sites have pros and cons. Elite is more focused on US emini trading while trade2win focuses much on FX.

surf

International people mainly only trade Forex/currencies -- it's kind of like soccer/football...that's the only thing they watch and are so die hard fanatics of it. :eek::sneaky:

US people are more generally mixed...into stock, options, futures.

International people mainly only trade Forex/currencies -- it's kind of like soccer/football...that's the only thing they watch and are so die hard fanatics of it. :eek::sneaky:

Yes, very true. As only trading in US markets? It is easy to forget how good we have it with choice, safety and volatility.

Surf

Thanks Tim.

Well looking at the numbers it's seems that itspossible is posting the quality material.

Maybe you need his help Geoff.

Cheers
Oscar

Attachments

• IP.JPG
    IP.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 181
  • OP.JPG
    OP.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 153
I much enjoy the alternative to just trading threads. They lend colour and interest to the site.

Ha. Didn't know you were here. Cool.