E/y Opportunity..

jacinto said:
yep, im aware its below 98 prices. anyway, good luck. i will definitely keep an eye on reversal patterns from this level onwards. you may be very right and the fall may come sooner than expected.

j

How about the 1 hour pin bar that's just been completed as a candidate reversal pattern?

IMHO this only looks like a short term corrective pattern rather than the big turn that some in this thread have been calling.

a_gnome said:
How about the 1 hour pin bar that's just been completed as a candidate reversal pattern?

IMHO this only looks like a short term corrective pattern rather than the big turn that some in this thread have been calling.

Hi AG, I would agree with you. I still dont see reversals here, and not with an inverted hammer on a 60 min bar just prior to Trichet speaking. if at all, it could be the trigger to a retracement but dont a reversal just yet. ( good for 100 pips if you ask me)

then again, you never know, we may end up going to sleep and tokio triggers a selloff.

However, EURCHF has a rather interesting potential pinbar on the daily, depending on todays close. keep an eye open there. see chart. could give a decent swing short tomorrow or by next week.

j

Edit: lets see how EURJPY closes today. also could end up printing a pinbar on the daily, and change all the scenario.

Attachments

• chocolate eurchf.gif
    chocolate eurchf.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
jacinto said:
Hi AG, I would agree with you. I still dont see reversals here, and not with an inverted hammer on a 60 min bar just prior to Trichet speaking. if at all, it could be the trigger to a retracement but dont a reversal just yet. ( good for 100 pips if you ask me)

then again, you never know, we may end up going to sleep and tokio triggers a selloff.

However, EURCHF has a rather interesting potential pinbar on the daily, depending on todays close. keep an eye open there. see chart. could give a decent swing short tomorrow or by next week.

j

Edit: lets see how EURJPY closes today. also could end up printing a pinbar on the daily, and change all the scenario.

Well, I traded my EURJPY pin bar: short at 52, covered at 24. It's still looking rather weak so I was probably too hasty in covering but that's trading for you.

I agree that EURCHF is looking interesting. It's a shame that so much of the action is happening during Asian hours at present: there was a beautiful 1 hour pin bar overnight in that market.

yes, a real shame.

there are 2 options.

a) move to asia to trade :rolleyes:
b) take the night shift. :confused

think you did the right thing to cover. good trade there.

i have been flat, apart from a small loss on cable early morning. i just dont trust Trichet, you know.

j

chocolate,

i am entering a short 160.54, moving stop to BE quickly (already BE), dont want surprises.

i am targeting 159.50. hopefully it will run further and also give you your exit.

j

chart to come

Attachments

• euryen short friday.gif
    euryen short friday.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
thanks mate. lets see if it gets to target, gives us the 100 pips on the remainder, and chocolate manages to get an exit. i personally wouldnt hold over the weekend, so rather wake up monday and see what happens.

for the time being, lowering stop on remainder to 34, locking 20 on the rest, and exit on a limit at 159.54.

I assume there will be a decent pullback on Monday for a new short. lets see what happens.

im off to the park now. i am childminding and a 4 year old is wrestless after 4 hours of CBeebies :cheesy:

j

This has become a bit of a dangerous thread of late but for those who took their pain and put it down to experience we can live to win another day as E/y may go to 163-164 in coming days.....

That's if the G7 Boys haven't got something else planned.

Paradoxically its an even better opp now than ever before ...... so consider whatever the losses have been swallowed as "experience" money.

just saw the gap up in eurjpy. took a short at 76 with a 25 pip stop. looking for a move down and close the gap.

actually starting to doubt if it was the right thing to do, and may end up closing for -10. will give it until the close of the 60 min bar at 21:00 gmt

j

still in, increased stop to -30. will stay there, keep as a swing trade.

and out for -30. should have bailed out at -10. will keep an eye open on this pair.

j

Last edited:
this is the last time i open my platform on a sunday evening. what an idiot. well, damage done. next one.

Hook Shot said:
This has become a bit of a dangerous thread of late but for those who took their pain and put it down to experience we can live to win another day as E/y may go to 163-164 in coming days.....

That's if the G7 Boys haven't got something else planned.

Paradoxically its an even better opp now than ever before ...... so consider whatever the losses have been swallowed as "experience" money.

Back to basics on this one for me....... Gotta learn to wait
I'm again expecting a high this week :eek: and will look for 163-164 for signs of weakness...
My mental stop for this upmove is 159.87 - the last dip .....

I have no positions ......... but for me the dream play is short since we are at all time highs
I've just gotta wait for signs of topping... I could play the micro moves but will focus on the bigger move... should be more certain ..

I'm out of this now...might get back in short some time tomorrow, but who knows! The markets are tempting me short as well and the two are correlated.

Last edited:
Chocolate said:
I'm out of this now...might get back in short some time tomorrow, but who knows! The markets are tempting me short as well and the two are correlated.

Always interesting these squiggly lines......... G7 come out and don't mention Yen weakness E/y jump to new highs and then gradually slide off........ Now I want a rally cos I've been busy with other things... :cheesy: Don't go down yet ....I'm not fully loaded! E/y 16065!

I hope some of the bears caught the downwave today........ and some of you managed to get the classic bounce of the old 15960's level. Still long but will have to manage position overnight - in case we catapult to the upside...

Been a good day - at long last (short and then long... long being brillo low risk play)

lovely pair Hook Shot. I am amazed of it when it trends. Clean price action. Scalpers paradise. hope I had seen this one before.

Got to say I love EY. :cheesy:

j

jacinto said:
lovely pair Hook Shot. I am amazed of it when it trends. Clean price action. Scalpers paradise. hope I had seen this one before.

Got to say I love EY. :cheesy:

j

Cheers matey.... I'm a big fan myself :cheesy:
Would love a failure to form short term lower high today - then a poss "c" leg down but if not there's always next week :LOL: :LOL:

Are we there yet ?

Been away from this one a while......... but it looks to have a broadening top and so I was just wondering.....

The slide broke the old highs 16230/40 area today which was meant to be support...
However, that now seems to be holding. Well new highs 16360+ look a talls order but anything can happen .....

Here's what I want.... a failed rally then u turn to the downside or a mad dash to new highs either would do - but more random walking would just do my head in . :cheesy:

hi Hook Shot

its been a boring couple of weeks with EY, thats for sure. dont know if new highs, or finally a good visit south, but at least the price action is cleaning up.

lets see if it finally becomes tradeable again :D

j

Here's what I want.... a failed rally then u turn to the downside or a mad dash to new highs either would do - but more random walking would just do my head in . :cheesy:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hope you caught the ride Jacinto - I tried to go live with call when 163 was failing but
T2w was unavailable for comment - not to worry.

HS