E/y Opportunity..

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hope you caught the ride Jacinto - I tried to go live with call when 163 was failing but
T2w was unavailable for comment - not to worry.

HS

Hello hookshot,

How is it going.....
I have just been studying the charts for EUR\JPY and GBP\JPY....Shorting seems like the option but am waiting for a train ride to be honest currently short @ 162.38...but this bull run from the end of march has reallly done what I think it needs to do....But I have been stuffed by the aussie Dollar by trying to short it several times so am a bit scared of my bear side but lets see how this one goes....

The problem with the euro is it has really done well and has become pretty stabe in its bullish bias with regards to all currencies.....

I hope all is well..

Happy Trading
Rav

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hope you caught the ride Jacinto - I tried to go live with call when 163 was failing but
T2w was unavailable for comment - not to worry.

HS

hi HS

Nope, missed it on the way down, and missed it on the way up. On the way down, I wasnt expecting a fall, but consolidation. on the way up, i was expecting continuation downwards, so just saw it fly back up.

lets see.

Rav,

I would agree with downside, but will wait myself. good luck.

j

Really sorry guys I've got too many threads on the go - silly really But hey..........

The fall did not last long and now we're duelling with the key 164 zone.... haven't a clue about near term direction - just pretty sure I'll make a decent bundle on this one - so long as I'm patient.

Interestingly (?) my views are same on $/Y and $/swiss... I just have to be patient...

just shorted 163.94, tight stop...above the figure.

lets see if it gives a bit of a rejection. :cool:

wont get greedy. 300 pips will do

Well played Jacinto - you're on easy street with that trade now and perhaps more to come......... :cheesy:

thanks mate

closed it for about +85 (90 on 50% 80 on rest) going on holiday early morning and wont have any access to any connection, and dont really want to hold for a week.

so thats that. yep, could give more, but there will be a lot whe i come back so wont complain.

good day to you

j

got to admit that I took an early exit. that short looks even better now. oh well. lets see where is price in the second week of june. enjoy the half term

j

Crazy Day

After todays dip below 163.00 took the escalator back to 164...and can now tighten stop. The weird thing is the ride down to start with was the easier trader for me "mentally" but missed it... and it was then hard for me to go long but I did it and it worked.. Now well placed for the next dive whenever it comes ...but making hay whilst it soars ? :cheesy:

New Highs 6 straight weeks.......

With Euro/Yen pushing 167.00 Friday.... we are likely to make it 7 straight weeks of higher highs.......

My stretch indicator tells me this run is nearer the end than the beginning :cheesy:
To avoid getting mugged by me it must continue to make new weekly highs or else .....:devilish:

Sure, the sensible thing is to buy the pullbacks (but only in small size 4 me)
The trend is up and there are no signs of a down wave happening .... but you can't keep on making new highs every week can you ?? :cheesy:

Modesty forbids but I'm over-ruling him/her and will say that this is EZ- money ...for the patient stalkers.... At some stage soon (as everyone knows) something will change I know not what......... and E/Y will take a breather ...... from RECORD levels!

Happy Trading

With Euro/Yen pushing 167.00 Friday.... we are likely to make it 7 straight weeks of higher highs.......

My stretch indicator tells me this run is nearer the end than the beginning :cheesy:
To avoid getting mugged by me it must continue to make new weekly highs or else .....:devilish:

The trend is up and there are no signs of a down wave happening .... but you can't keep on making new highs every week can you ?? :cheesy:

Modesty forbids but I'm over-ruling him/her and will say that this is EZ- money ...for the patient stalkers.... At some stage soon (as everyone knows) something will change I know not what......... and E/Y will take a breather ...... from RECORD levels!

Happy Trading

Sure you don't know when the trend is likely to end but if there is a trend then your highest percentage bet is to trade in the direction of that trend. The last trade that you make before the trend breaks will be wrong but all the others before that one should be winners and as long as you are employing sensible money management then it shouldn't be a problem for you.

It always amazes me when you get a market making continual new highs like this that people become fixated with it reversing and with trying to pick a top. In fact the new highs are being partly fuelled by all the continual shorting which is having to be covered at a loss. All you need to do is to have some sensible measure of trend that you trust and use that as your guide. As long as the trend is up, keep on buying.

Of course having said all this it will probably break now - just don't bet on it!

Sure you don't know when the trend is likely to end but if there is a trend then your highest percentage bet is to trade in the direction of that trend. The last trade that you make before the trend breaks will be wrong but all the others before that one should be winners and as long as you are employing sensible money management then it shouldn't be a problem for you.

It always amazes me when you get a market making continual new highs like this that people become fixated with it reversing and with trying to pick a top. In fact the new highs are being partly fuelled by all the continual shorting which is having to be covered at a loss. All you need to do is to have some sensible measure of trend that you trust and use that as your guide. As long as the trend is up, keep on buying.

Of course having said all this it will probably break now - just don't bet on it!

Lol - have I managed to pick the top!

The invevitable always happens !!

Happy Trading

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

A gnome - I know all about the risks of attempting to pick tops - ouch!
Which is why I must spot the invevitable AND as the probability increases watch and wait.. "patient stalker".

Spotted it ..... Waited 4 it ..........Bagged it ..... EZ....
The hard part now is waiting for the pullback to hit a low... to ride the next upwave as I may have got out too early! But you never go broke ......:cheesy:

Boing Boing !!

Okay we took the first shot to the downside and won and now having missed the reversal (too busy posting :LOL: ) I now have to wait for the next short... :cool:

Again this is a bull market so we should expect E/Y to make highs again this week....breaking 167.00 ... despite my protestations..

But ....if it can't/won't ......... well I think you know what that means :cheesy:
now 166.24 with downtrend ~ 16635-40 zone .........on the way to 166.70&166.90ish Hi

Okay we took the first shot to the downside and won and now having missed the reversal (too busy posting :LOL: ) I now have to wait for the next short... :cool:

Again this is a bull market so we should expect E/Y to make highs again this week....breaking 167.00 ... despite my protestations..

But ....if it can't/won't ......... well I think you know what that means :cheesy:
now 166.24 with downtrend ~ 16635-40 zone .........on the way to 166.70&166.90ish Hi

me thinks the move down aint finished just yet. thought it was, but probably not. there could be space for another short overnight.

instead, will keep an eye open and buy the low :cheesy:

and thank you for all the salt rubbing :cheesy:

j

me thinks the move down aint finished just yet. thought it was, but probably not. there could be space for another short overnight.

instead, will keep an eye open and buy the low :cheesy:

and thank you for all the salt rubbing :cheesy:

j

Oh this is as easy as uno dos tres.... oh my gosh
We got a sell off around downtrend line at 166.30 as some know and melted to 165.10
Buenas dias Senor.... you must have made some on that call ??? Well Done - hopefully...

I didn't... enough exposure elsewhere decided not to push my luck - I might need it one day :cheesy:

Now set for the long side whenever it comes either here or in the indices ...
Todos los dias ... I wait for times like this.... and here we are :D

Hablo muy poco espanol - as you can probably tell... :cheesy:

Approaching Sppt ?

164.00-4.50 was one area of sppt for potential bounce lets see - got my finger on trigger......:cheesy:

Oh this is as easy as uno dos tres.... oh my gosh
We got a sell off around downtrend line at 166.30 as some know and melted to 165.10
Buenas dias Senor.... you must have made some on that call ??? Well Done - hopefully...

I didn't... enough exposure elsewhere decided not to push my luck - I might need it one day :cheesy:

Now set for the long side whenever it comes either here or in the indices ...
Todos los dias ... I wait for times like this.... and here we are :D

Hablo muy poco espanol - as you can probably tell... :cheesy:

uno dos tres....:LOL:

no, nada para mi desafortunadamente.
was cooking dinner and moaning about myself, and only opened my chart to see price, hence the comment.

think the lows will be around 6345 and 6375. have two reasons for that......61% of last move up to 6700 at 6350ish, and a measured move down 161% exp at 6375.

i unfortunately will be going away on holiday on Friday for a week, and wont have access to my trading platform, so i am affraid i will miss the start of the move up, which i assume will be on monday.

hope you get some :D

j

Senor Tequila

It's normal for Brazil to let Mexico win ... it's makes the Aztecs feel better :LOL: After all how many World Cups have Mehheeco won ??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Movin' on .... we held 164-64.5 sppt and then made new highs last week and another one today - Tuesday. We may have a false break but I'm not betting the bike-shed on it just yet..... it's made higher highs 8wks in a row now........... :!: