Dimension Data - Triangle break out

The Baptist

Established member
Hi

I have attached a weekly and daily chart on the above share.

It has a daily triangle wedge breakout on both weekly and daily charts.

It has tended to breakout upwards after extended periods of low volatility currently setting up on both the weekly and daily level.

Bollinger bands have also similarly illustrated the volatility aspect with a constriction prior to big moves.

I used large purple squares to highlight the weekly bollinger band constrictions and green elispses for the daily constrictions. Most breakouts occurred from very low volatility periods.

The horozontal wedge with lower highs and higer lows I have labeled these (1 - 2 - 3). We have such at both the daily and a far larger weekly one. The takeout of the 3 highs on the daily chart is a typical entry point for wedge BO's. The absolute low on Londons Bomb day should make a safe stop. it is also the more traditionally the number 3 low of the daily chart at 30.0 It is possible the move may have had its first move in this direction today.

I am trading this opportunity through D4F the spread is typically 0.25p ie 34.25/34.50

Good luck I hope this opportunity works out and look forward to any comment not explored is the role of volume in the breakout days so I will leave that for others were interested. Dimension Data is a South african originated cisco/and software hardware reseller and installer with big far eastern growth envisagned.

Best wishes TB

Attachments

• Didata wrd.doc
    133 KB · Views: 408
  • Didata wrd daily.doc
    128 KB · Views: 462
Been Long from 32.00 from last week, The first phase BO has occurred, may consolidate a bit at these levels, but I hope for further advances, though the FTSE is looking a little less robust the last day or so.