Driver Error

Hi CM

Things are moving forward. I managed via add hardware to get the driver updated and I now get the following screen:

DeviceMan2.PNG

The update comes back with an error 10 code. I can't find the details for it on the microsoft website :confused:

No closer I'm afraid.
If I delete the driver, when I restart - add hardware doesn't pick it up...and then your back to square 1. Sooooo close as well :cry:

Edit: For some reason, when I select SiS 315E from the install driver list, it says it hasn't passed the micorsoft test :idea:

Edit: For some reason, when I select SiS 315E from the install driver list, it says it hasn't passed the micorsoft test :idea: [/QUOTE]

Ignore that- it's common with drivers...

Overnight, I had a thought.
What happens if I take the card from my current computer and put it into my other one, also running windows XP. Could this have any benefit for getting the correct driver, and is there anything to watch out for. I have a feeling I'll only get one chance at it. :rolleyes:

FTSE Beater said:
Overnight, I had a thought.
What happens if I take the card from my current computer and put it into my other one, also running windows XP. Could this have any benefit for getting the correct driver, and is there anything to watch out for. I have a feeling I'll only get one chance at it. :rolleyes:

Souldn't be a problem at all. Just make sure the AGP card is pushed fully home.

Check list,
Just reading back through, did you physically remove the card, restart, shutdown, reseat it?
Did you resolve the Norton problem?
Is the card functioning correctly in your other machine? Might be a dodgy card.

Oops. Can't plug the card into the other computer as the other computer has a built in graphics card :(

Hi Oatman

Just reading back through, did you physically remove the card, restart, shutdown, reseat it?
Surely I can't restart it if the card isn't in. It wouldn't show anything on screen :confused:
I have turned it off, unplugged the card, plugged it back in and then restarted it. Is this the same thing?

Did you resolve the Norton problem?
Yep, all done

Is the card functioning correctly in your other machine? Might be a dodgy card.
The card was fine pre-reinstalling windows xp.
Now who told me to re-install Windows :confused: Ah yes, it was Sharky......now where's that harpoon gun :devilish: