Dow Intraday charts 01/12 05/12

yes mombasa, just as i speak the es has pushed down through it, with the spx breaking also

More upside, another triangle developing with an early break and a tarket of 9999 :cheesy: OR 9812 for the drop.

Attachments

• dow 04-12-03 10.gif
    dow 04-12-03 10.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 470
Here's a new piece of TA that you don't see very often in a clear cut format. It's the small horizontal channel that acts like a bull flag. It has the same form, and has the same target calculation. Don't forget that the flag pole is from the last "reaction low". In this case, it is at 9875, NOT the opening low of 9867! The form is 3 highs, 3 lows and then the breakout. Note also we had two targets here- the flag and the 3 pk ND top. both the same. What more do you need for confirmation of a top?
Following on this to a logical conclusion, it is no surprise that we see the result of the mid session parallel channel drop back by the same amount that it went up by- to 9875.
Here , we see another common issue. A very convenient and easy decision for taking a trade at 7pm UK time. You had time from 6:30 ish to examine the day's action and decide that here was a good point to go long ( confirmed by the vol divergence on ES at 7:04) The only sad part of this latter action was the big drop just after what appeared to be a nice bull flag. No doubt a lot of you finally decided to close the long , only to see it turn around a few minutes later nad climb back to close at HOD. That is just so soul destroying. By the time you have recovered from the misery, it's too late to start rethinking rationally and taking advantage of the few points left on the table. It's one of those situations that forms part of the learning experience. It looks worse here than it did in real time, and the drop from the channel was only 13 odd points, so maybe you didn't get shaken out. Tick by tick, the ES turned around 1 minute earlier than the DOW, and the Doji Star on ES confirmed the bottom....

Attachments

• dow 04-12-03 1.gif
    dow 04-12-03 1.gif
    28.1 KB · Views: 435
I think I should have gone short...

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    252.4 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Is this a bottom? No clues yet, although it looks like it.... no divergence on ES vol....

went short on the small pullback after the opening drop, closed at break even on dbl btm + bounce of support at 9880ish - long at 9890 now - stop at 9875

mind u, could be a bear flag forming :(

but PD as well.

mixed signals :(

15.37 closed @ 9901 for 6 points - don't trust it right now - rather take a small profit and wait for something else to happen.

Last edited:
Looks like a bunch of very undecided people at the moment, especially on the 5min! By the way could you call that a bear flagpole even if it's effectively been formed by the futures price change o'night?
Cheers
Q

CM, can u explain that pls? I was thinking it was a bear flag too - looks more and more like it - or do u mean that if the pole is formed by an opening gap it's not valid?

still out BTW.

Thanks CM - I didn't think so, as it wasn't created by price action but rather by external influences!
Cheers
Q

Well, is this a long,short, phone a friend or ask the audience??!! ;)

Took the bull by the horns and went long at 9885 based on a little PD on the 10min chart and a seeming avoidance of full tankmode.....

hope there isn't a 'tuition charge' looming...........! :cry:

Is this how we should be looking at things? Target would be 9932

Attachments

• image1.gif
    image1.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 299
That looks kinda bullish to me CM! - nicely timed!!

WE HAVE LIFT OFF............!

:cheesy:

That'll be a tenner TS, and 20 if it makes 32. :cheesy: Sorry MomB, I posted this a bit late to save you. :(

Sometimes I'm blessed with timing perfection, but would you be of the same opinion if I posted 10 minutes after the event?
A note :- don't dismiss /ignore what happened yesterday- it IS relevant. What you do have to ignore is the closing /opening garbage. That's the mm's making their beer money . Remember garbage in= garbage out.