Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, about STRESS

About STRESS during Trading:-

When the going gets tough, it is natural to get stressed and fearful of going into the MARKET even with the good info given by the EMA/ RSI or other analysis such as fundamental analysis.
Brokers that are likely to flounder CAUSES MORE STRESS and ANGER as they are deemed to have cheated on their clients ( in a way breach of trust ). Remember that all these years since the last DOWNTURN in 2002 until this present one, there are so many being folded!.
So, will it be good to stay put? It is naturally not good as making some trades will risk your investment - this is liken to gambling, BUT gamblers DO NOT stress! Look at those poker chaps - they are good at psychology! In a game like poker, the straight faced ones normally WIN!
So, stay put, but it NEVER brings profits or any loss. What the solution is to get into the swing of things by getting certain perspective Right and get into V-trading. Virtual trading can be a BETTER option than PAPER TRADING.
S K
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there
Be one with GOD, so that HE may appoint a deliver for your Soul-HariHaraBramKalki(S K)

whoops : crude inventory is tomorrow due to the labor day ********.

not doing the dow intraday anymore, have gone back to daily bars. went short at 11700 last week, slapped a spanish stop loss at 11900 and i'm still in the trade. initial target was around 11380 due to the range but its smashed through that now. so now i got my eyes on 10800 sl is at 11500. chart below not much has changed trendlines in the same place they were last time i posted it.

Attachments

• US30.png
    US30.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 169
I've just gone long @ 11270, SL @11250.

There is some consolidation here based on 1 hour and 10 min charts. Also, the pivot point S2 @ 11369 is well passed so I'm thinking these falls are over done.

Bit riskey but if V bounce does come I'm prepared to risk 20 for it.

Stopped out. I still feel congestion is taking place around these areas but not about to call bottom... However, I'm about to go out and may put one more trade before leaving. Likely to be long.

Good trading everyone.

The reason for this fall ?

It seems the statement by Bill Gross talking about tsunamis panicked the market. He has a good record of forecasting and is in charge of the biggest fund. Wonder if he had a short on before making his remarks ?

The reason for this fall ?

It seems the statement by Bill Gross talking about tsunamis panicked the market. He has a good record of forecasting and is in charge of the biggest fund. Wonder if he had a short on before making his remarks ?

you really believe that?! :LOL:

fwiw, good chance of a reaction here.

once of my systems went long at the 2130 globex open. 90% winner, equity curve below. target at 1241 es or exit at close tomorrow or disaster stop of 1202 (of the 90% winners, 70% of them came in before 1330 tomorrow.

dyor etc

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

that's an impressive equity curve jm - what sort of an indicator is it based on ?[/QUOTE]

a curve fitting one:LOL:

lol, no indicators, no curve fitting. live traded since 2006.....this trade not looking too good atm

Anyone notice that the S&P 500 is way over the usual 1/10 th of the Dow.
Could mean S&P has a way to fall OR the Dow has gone too far down ??

Impressive claims
Has anyone checked his figures ?

And I had it pencilled in for a down day today too ?

Thats interesting and is very similar to a mechanical setup I've been toying with. The figures are good. Yesterday did not qualify anyway as it wasn't a consecutive down day.

The drop into the lows at 10800 would have been a good'un though. At the end of that, the index fell 80 points between sips of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.