Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez! That's some prediction you've got going there, breadman. You're not related to Mystic Meg, are you?(y)

not all today over the next 5 to 7 days.
not related to mystic meg but alot better than her at guessing where the market is going.

not all today over the next 5 to 7 days.
not related to mystic meg but alot better than her at guessing where the market is going.

You have my vote Breadman. (y) Super call mate.

Well already in +ve territory. About to leave work now so feeling good vibes.

Good luck everyone. :clover:

yup, stops an necessary "evil", times I have been stopped out, only to see the bugger carry on where I expected it to go

yup, stops an necessary "evil", times I have been stopped out, only to see the bugger carry on where I expected it to go

Oh yes !
Ever get the urge to defy standard wisdom and risk it ?

all over the shop!

i traded this morning, been out all day, was fearful id missed the inventory party. nout on meh.
FLAT!!!!! rangey... no great moves.

all over the shop!

i traded this morning, been out all day, was fearful id missed the inventory party. nout on meh.
FLAT!!!!! rangey... no great moves.

I've been stopped out too. What a shame... :(

But the fall to 11420 is sobering.

This is currently below my pivot point of 11560 and MAs pointing down. If we don't break above 11500 I will switch sides and short with a targets of

S1@ 11330 and
S2@ 11236

Needs a close eye this one. Maybe a smart move to stay flat. :whistling

I've been stopped out too. What a shame... :(

But the fall to 11420 is sobering.

This is currently below my pivot point of 11560 and MAs pointing down. If we don't break above 11500 I will switch sides and short with a targets of

S1@ 11330 and
S2@ 11236

Needs a close eye this one. Maybe a smart move to stay flat. :whistling

oil is bouncing in a range btw 107.5 & 109.

id be inclined to say oil has more power but the dollar is on one...thus commodities are dropping like an essex girls knickers. need a clear signal from mr oil that hes not going to that $98 and i think everyones mind is on opec saying 100 is low enough...

11420 to 11380 is a very important area to hold if we are going higher, it's the last bit of support i see.If we have a hourly close below this area i think the top is in and we are heading to the July lows between now and the election in America.
11420, 11423 and 11425 show up on 3 different patterns I look at so all is not lost for the up side yet.

Short @ 11470

Another stop hit and this time at -20 cost...

I still favour the upside. Markets determining direction but the MACD looks well over sold.

High volatility and sideways move since middle of July is not helping.

Good trading everyone. (y)

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20090903.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20090903.png
    32 KB · Views: 154
I think today will be interesting. We've got factory orders and ADP unemployment coming down the pipeline.

Atilla,
i also have a major trend change coming on the 9th /10th/ 11th or 12th. This time period is 377 days from the 14th of March 2007 low which was a major low. It is also 233 days from the 9th of October 2007 high which was a major high. I think it will be a high somewhere between 11920 and 12080.

I still think their will be a change of trend on these dates but it looks like it could be a low instead of a high.The Nasdaq is only 40 points from it 15th of July low.After making a high on the 15th of August which was one of my previous turn period dates.If the market does somehow bounce from here it is unlikley to go above the 11700/11740 area.

I still think their will be a change of trend on these dates but it looks like it could be a low instead of a high.The Nasdaq is only 40 points from it 15th of July low.After making a high on the 15th of August which was one of my previous turn period dates.If the market does somehow bounce from here it is unlikley to go above the 11700/11740 area.

I've just gone long @ 11270, SL @11250.

There is some consolidation here based on 1 hour and 10 min charts. Also, the pivot point S2 @ 11369 is well passed so I'm thinking these falls are over done.

Bit riskey but if V bounce does come I'm prepared to risk 20 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.