Dow 2007

I'm learning each day. I'm just testing a new strategy: go short whenever you go long and go long whenever you go short. So far it's working out perfectly :LOL:

Your fantasy trading doesn't count

I do find it peculiar you are suddenly very interested in what kind of instruments I'm trading. Are you looking for guidance perhaps? :LOL: Let me give you a clue: follow the trend (see Dinos' post).

another Death of a thousand cuts coming up for you

Guys, come on...lets get all this negative energy back on track...there are quality posters on this thread coming from different perspectives...each perspective is perfectly valid dependant on how the trades are played out.

Banter is One thing but some of the posts over the last week or so are degenerating the thread.

A suggestion might be to more fully explain what it is that each of us is seeing and how we might trade it ! This may help to clear up some of the misunderstanding.

cheers cv

CV

What you said, is what I have been asking for for weeks now, BACK UP STATEMENTS with evidence, not that anybody wants to catch anybody out, but simply as a learning tool for the newbie as well as the experienced trader to compare what each other is doing to a mutual benefit all round.

I was asked by one trader to post examples, I am happy to do that, however, I get the feeling it would be 1 way traffic, and that I am not prepared to do, if we agree, when we make a call, it would be backed up as to how that decision has been taken, then I will put forward my 2 penneth.

Until then, I will watch and read and make my living trading and not sharing ideas/calls, so come on guys (girls), if you want to make a call, do so, tell everybody on what basis you make that call, and what you hope to acheive from that call, then perhaps we might get thje thread back on course.

anyone else waiting to go long here on Dow

reasoning would be end of FTSE move for today although it still needs to make a new weekly low in the morning and needing a clear rejection of Dow price which we havnt had yet

Last edited:
hi Phil 697 is on my windows calculator at side of screen I wont give it too much time or room though
for the moment Im concentrating on cable a 385 will give me 100 pips

the room for movement is 665 a price below this and I look for exit just for information as its hard to calc trade and post ahead of trade

Guys, come on...lets get all this negative energy back on track...there are quality posters on this thread coming from different perspectives...each perspective is perfectly valid dependant on how the trades are played out.

Banter is One thing but some of the posts over the last week or so are degenerating the thread.

A suggestion might be to more fully explain what it is that each of us is seeing and how we might trade it ! This may help to clear up some of the misunderstanding.

cheers cv

Appologies CV and members for my retorte to FWs post this morning

hi Phil 697 is on my windows calculator at side of screen I wont give it too much time or room though
for the moment Im concentrating on cable a 385 will give me 100 pips

It hit 387 on my chart, wasn't that close enough?. Sorry to be dim, but do you mean it's got to hit 385 before going to 285 or 485?

796 will be my target for this trade as the price stands at the moment a little conserative but I dont realy want to hold past 7:30 if I can help it

It hit 387 on my chart, wasn't that close enough?. Sorry to be dim, but do you mean it's got to hit 385 before going to 285 or 485?

hi Phil I am on short from 485 looking for 385 I didnt get a fill was posting but will exit any min now

then as the price stands now I will be looking for 449 down to 280 but things could change before tomorrow

hi Phil I am on short from 485 looking for 385 I didnt get a fill was posting but will exit any min now

then as the price stands now I will be looking for 449 down to 280 but things could change before tomorrow

Thanks, dc. I was short on cable from yesterday. The idea was right but the morning spike up to 520 triggered my stop and I was too depressed/slow/cowardly to get back in.

Hi all

Can anybody please clarify the correct time for the FED announcement, London time.......is it 18.15 or 19.15?

Tnx in advance

Thanks, dc. I was short on cable from yesterday. The idea was right but the morning spike up to 520 triggered my stop and I was too depressed/slow/cowardly to get back in.

it happens to us all at some time

cable now filled and waiting for another entry or a better price to go long

The Dow pointing to a couple of 40 point fast moves and a lot of sideways

FOMC
three spikes ?
position today play tomorrow?
Will the market bully Burntcake this time or next?

actually... I'm part-closing my shorts now from the BIG SALE which
DC2000 had been building up :)