Dow 2007

Reason for the rally believe it or not. Rumours of a surprise interest rate cut by the FED before next Tuesday.....er,bollox,is all I can say...:LOL:

ah .. here is one reason for the late recovery today

http://www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=nmona&article=22900699&symbol=NASDAQ:INTC&cb=1193259310
""
But the blue chip index reversed direction later in the day, briefly bobbing
into positive territory as rumors circulated that the Federal Reserve --
scheduled to meet next week -- might be lowering the discount rate before then.
The central bank has also been adding a substantial amount of liquidity to the
financial system over the last three days.
""

bah .. I thought it was going to fall over

can someone without an ADVFN account check access to the above link?? .. not much point in me posting it if nobody can get access

Any minute now FW going to post Dow Long , caught the whole move for sure :LOL:

if it goes pair next week he will have timberlands to munch on

sorry to disappoint you, I was out instead of watching the screen!
but yeah I would've been on the buy side only :)
might be the opposite tomorrow though

huge volume today... on both directions and serious swings over last couple of days

best noticeable in the NDX that is staying in a 50-point consolidation if you look at the dailies... looks like distribution to me :|

rally!

Reason for the rally believe it or not. Rumours of a surprise interest rate cut by the FED before next Tuesday.....er,bollox,is all I can say...:LOL:

They don't even need to use any funds - just make sure the rumours are channelled to the right people and the market does it for you!

Ready to do battle again tomorrow..

volatility's best !

They don't even need to use any funds - just make sure the rumours are channelled to the right people and the market does it for you!

Ready to do battle again tomorrow..

volatility's best !

yep...that's what it seems like.
...discuss over lunch..."Hey Mike,I'm seriously in the hole on my Dow positions,down 200 pts before this lunch...the boss is gonna screw my **** for this.."..
Mike replies,"don't worry Dan,I've got a cunning plan..all we gotta do is tell the guys at Goldman's,JPM ,and those nancy boys at Bears,that the Fed is gonna lower rates before Tuesday...will be a sinch..no probs..they'll buy like no tomorrow and voila,you outta the hole"...
Dan answers,"Hey cool Mike,thanks for that,anything I can ever do for you,just ask.."..well there is one thing asks Mike.."can I screw your missus"
"Of course,and you can have my Yankees season ticket"...

MEN IN BLACK spotted

yep...that's what it seems like.
...discuss over lunch..."Hey Mike,I'm seriously in the hole on my Dow positions,down 200 pts before this lunch...the boss is gonna screw my **** for this.."..
Mike replies,"don't worry Dan,I've got a cunning plan..all we gotta do is tell the guys at Goldman's,JPM ,and those nancy boys at Bears,that the Fed is gonna lower rates before Tuesday...will be a sinch..no probs..they'll buy like no tomorrow and voila,you outta the hole"...
Dan answers,"Hey cool Mike,thanks for that,anything I can ever do for you,just ask.."..well there is one thing asks Mike.."can I screw your missus"
"Of course,and you can have my Yankees season ticket"...

Hi Steve

Your stealing my lines

Thats my view of the market to SCARY :LOL: :LOL:

Andy AKA

If you were standing on the beach and someone screamed tsunami, I bet you'd check with the BBC before taking cover .... you pays your license fees and you follows the news right! It always helps to listen now and again!

A good call on the short don't you think!!

Actually, I am one of those people who hardly ever bothers to put the television/news on. :LOL:

ah .. here is one reason for the late recovery today

http://www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=nmona&article=22900699&symbol=NASDAQ:INTC&cb=1193259310
""
""

can someone without an ADVFN account check access to the above link?? .. not much point in me posting it if nobody can get access

Yup got it
The Dow Jones industrials fell in morning trading by as many as 200 points
after the market got one of its most-feared scenarios: Not only is the housing
implosion dampening corporate profits, it appears to be accelerating.
etc

How high.... ?

Anyone got any ideas about how far we get to today.....given that freak move on Wed.
Okay it's got nothing to do with trading (really) but might be interesting to hear what your analysis/intuition tells you ....perhaps ?

Sept durable goods orders -1.7% after -5.3% in Aug, a signal of a slowing economy (orders also are down in 3 of the last 5 mos). Orders ex transport were a mere +0.3% and ex defense +0.7%. Boeing Co. had 132 new commercial orders vs 75 in Aug, so nondefense aircraft orders were +18.2%; the -6.3% transport orders stemmed from -37.3% in defense aircraft orders and also incl. -2.9% autos. Elsewhere there was a mixed bag: computers -1.4% and electrical -0.4%, but primary metals +1.6% and machinery +4.3%. Shipments were -2.0% and Inventories +0.4%.Bottom line is that this report is much weaker than expected. Prior back-to-back drops in orders was July-Aug 2006.

Jobs -8 to 331

Anyone got any ideas about how far we get to today.....given that freak move on Wed.
Okay it's got nothing to do with trading (really) but might be interesting to hear what your analysis/intuition tells you ....perhaps ?

On the hourlies I have it as having maxed out due for a turn.

Daily charts looks very bullish.

Weeklies are showing a divergence between indicators and price.

I'm still short from last night. No SL. :rolleyes:

Dare I say things can only get worse. As you say despite that very bad news the market rises.

Let's all talk about the feasability of rate cuts... and have some fun... :LOL:

How High

Hookshot, based purely on Fib Retracement from the October high I'd say the next target we have to reach is the 38.2% @ 13672, if we break through that then next target would be 50% @ 13772, 61.8% @ 13871, set up nicely at the min imo

Time will tell

On the hourlies I have it as having maxed out due for a turn.

Daily charts looks very bullish.

Weeklies are showing a divergence between indicators and price.

I'm still short from last night. No SL. :rolleyes:

Dare I say things can only get worse. As you say despite that very bad news the market rises.

Let's all talk about the feasability of rate cuts... and have some fun... :LOL:

I was rather hoping you'd put a number on it after all that... but I can understand your reticence given your (unprotected) bearish exposure .... :cheesy:

Here-ish around 700-715 I have as resistance but since we are so close to the big downtrend ........but we could really fly once that trendline breaks poss to 810-ish
Lets see ......

Not categoric but the bic pic was in favour of rally

If Xymox sees this as a dip before the rocket move into FOMC ... it might be a good idea not to get too bearish......

I expect a rally into tuesday... so now on watch today/thursday...
WHY ? Well... some may be looking for a jumbo cut of up to 50bps again .. unlikely but that's what makes a market ..... and the home sales were not good!

Edit: I would add that one day rally (tuesday) in a downtrend is not good especially if it's given all back in less than a day..(basis Spx)... So any comeback this week will be a swingers dream......

not that far off ??

Not looking good for MER. I just watched that fall almost $2 at the open, without having the guts to sell into it. The sickening thing is I was bid $63 long enough!