Dow 2007

Arbitrage Opportunity

I'm not usually one to go in for this sort of thing, but I am seeing the bid for IG's "Wall Street Daily Cash" being 4/5 points higher than CMC's offer on "US30 Cash". I suppose I'd need to checkt he market information sheets to check they both settle against the NYSE close, but doesn't that mean I could buy CMC and sell IG and lock in the difference?

I'm guessing this exists because both firms have used a different interest rate in their FV calculations (either that or they are biasing prices!)

Is this an arb? And is it worth it for a few points? (wouldn't hit this at > 10pp because of the execution risk - getting 2 simultaneous trades away in the Dow isn't easy)

Hookshot, based purely on Fib Retracement from the October high I'd say the next target we have to reach is the 38.2% @ 13672, if we break through that then next target would be 50% @ 13772, 61.8% @ 13871, set up nicely at the min imo

Time will tell
Cheers Dinos
Looks like 38.2% has control for now .....early days... :cheesy:
Luvly start to the afternoon ...magic!!! :LOL:

Interesting...

I'm not usually one to go in for this sort of thing, but I am seeing the bid for IG's "Wall Street Daily Cash" being 4/5 points higher than CMC's offer on "US30 Cash". I suppose I'd need to checkt he market information sheets to check they both settle against the NYSE close, but doesn't that mean I could buy CMC and sell IG and lock in the difference?

I'm guessing this exists because both firms have used a different interest rate in their FV calculations (either that or they are biasing prices!)

Is this an arb? And is it worth it for a few points? (wouldn't hit this at > 10pp because of the execution risk - getting 2 simultaneous trades away in the Dow isn't easy)

LL since the quote track each other very closely....I would expect ig to know what all the other lads are quoting... so that their traders can make so dough if the opp arises!!
After all, that's their game and they've been around along time.... and have some pretty sharp people ...

Secondly, the "gap" is not large enough for my liking I like to see a "mispricing opp" of at least 40pts .... but as an experiment you could try it in small size to see what happens ?

mixed up mkt

NDX seems to be struggling at 2200 level.. question is has the NDX strength over last few days /weeks helped hold up the others? If we get NDX correction form here - what happens to DOW/SPX?

seems to be lots of indecision in mkt...

sidelined...

Fat Finger

Slightly off topic, but I thought I'd post this for amusement.

I was wondering what would be happening to the dollar, and gold, after the US Home Sales. I now have one click dealing enabled for CMC, but I run that in a VMWare virtual machine as I have linux and MarketMarker only runs on Windows.

I pulled up a ticket in spot gold to see the price, and tried to move the window. My computer froze for a few seconds as I clicked on the window bar, and the mouse started lagging. When it corrected itself, the screen refreshed and I had been filled 10pp long in gold! I don't know why the deal ticket was prefilled at 10pp since most of the other instruments are set to 1pp. Anyway, by the time I covered gold had moved 4/10ths - on top of the spread I got out for -90 quid!!!

Another losing week (this was my first trade) for a trade I didn't intend to take!!!

Further, I only have a few hundred in that account, and the margin requirements are such that I couldn't trade any other instrument at 10pp - why Gold has a margin requirement of 30 I'll never know...

Looks like I've banked my fourth losing week in a row.

LL since the quote track each other very closely....I would expect ig to know what all the other lads are quoting... so that their traders can make so dough if the opp arises!!
After all, that's their game and they've been around along time.... and have some pretty sharp people ...

Secondly, the "gap" is not large enough for my liking I like to see a "mispricing opp" of at least 40pts .... but as an experiment you could try it in small size to see what happens ?

This is why I prefer trading "daily future" contracts rather than cash. The SB firms can't seem to agree on a FV for the cash markets. CMC don't quote a daily future for the Dow though. I wonder if this happens regularly, as they are obviously using different values for short term interest rates.

I'd need to be sure that they both settle against the same final print though.

Puzzled too.

NDX seems to be struggling at 2200 level.. question is has the NDX strength over last few days /weeks helped hold up the others? If we get NDX correction form here - what happens to DOW/SPX?

sidelined...

That downtrend break on dow should have produced a robust rally... the fact that it hasn't yet is troubling..... OR flashing light :LOL:
In any case the 50% level beckons if ....:D

sidelined...

I'm shorting the top of that range and going low on the lows...
so this means I was long yesterday and short today (NQ from the open) :)

Dull stox get a bid....

Just checked morningstar (us) and again new highs are littered with european utilities and telcos....... not sure what that means going forward .... but sharing it nonetheless.......other boring companies making new highs are microsoft, coke, macdonalds, merk...........

NDX getting spanked again....whose gonna save it today?.....The Jolly Green Giant or the Tooth Fairy ?? :LOL:

been a while since I did a DOW trade, but as this is the DOW thread after all
here goes...

long 13675 fut

been a while since I did a DOW trade, but as this is the DOW thread after all
here goes...

long 13675 fut

Did you get your +20 or +25 out of that trade? You bought close enough to a double bottom - good trade.

I still can't believe I lost 90 quid on a computer glitch! In a market I don't even trade. In a size I have no business trading in.

From IGIndex - Important information about clock changes....

Clock Changes: 28 October 2007

UK and other European clocks go back one hour for Daylight Saving Time (DST) on Sunday 28 October. The main effects of this are:

US and Canadian markets will be out of sync until 4 November 2007, when DST starts and they revert to their normal UK trading times. For example, Daily Wall Street will expire at 20.00 (London time) until DST starts, when US shares will again be quoted between 14.30 and 21.00 (London time).

Asian markets, which do not observe DST, will trade one hour earlier in UK time than previously. For example, Daily Japan 225 will close at 6am (London time) rather than 7am.

You should pay particular attention to the expiry times of Binaries as the proximity to expiry has such a large bearing on the price quoted. Binaries whose published times change include those based on the following indices: Hang Seng, KOSPI, TaiEX, Straits Times, Nifty Fifty and TOPIX.

Clients trading Australian markets should be aware that Australian clocks go forward by one hour (or two hours relative to UK clocks).

This information is intended as a guideline only; please contact our dealers for any clarification.

Cmc

Did you get your +20 or +25 out of that trade? You bought close enough to a double bottom - good trade.

I still can't believe I lost 90 quid on a computer glitch! In a market I don't even trade. In a size I have no business trading in.

Long time since had an account with them, mine used to freaze all the time and require re-load

1 stop deal if I remember requires setting on all instruments to size etc

going out no time again to trade :cry:

Ye good trade FW right of the open range hr low if I have me line in right spot :LOL:

Andy AKA