Dow 2007

Did you get your +20 or +25 out of that trade? You bought close enough to a double bottom - good trade.

I still can't believe I lost 90 quid on a computer glitch! In a market I don't even trade. In a size I have no business trading in.

No, don't take +20's for profit really... not a fair risk:reward
I'm out -10 now.

But it got a decent cushion from my NQ short... which would be +40 now :devilish:

No, don't take +20's for profit really... not a fair risk:reward
I'm out -10 now.

But it got a decent cushion from my NQ short... which would be +40 now :devilish:

gut feeling says b careful buying ydays lows in ndx..Goog looks like a neg divergence

Cavalry to charge in when Dow looks really bad..

Men In Black Spotted

gut feeling says b careful buying ydays lows in ndx..Goog looks like a neg divergence

Cavalry to charge in when Dow looks really bad..

Hi Catracho,

Every time without fail, you can almost set you clocks by the

MEN IN BLACK
:cool:

if it goes :arrowd: they want it to :!:

On the hourlies I have it as having maxed out due for a turn.

I'm still short from last night. No SL. :rolleyes:

Let's all talk about the feasability of rate cuts... and have some fun... :LOL:

Guys, these days everything I touch is turning into gold. In fact even scalped +23 on gold today whilst going long. I'm out of it now but still pleased.

As for the DOW, I'm now back in the black from the 13602 short.

Just closed trade at 13549 for +53.

I'm really getting into this high volatility stuff. No SL placed only for longs on the DOW. Working a treat... :)

Man with the golden gun

Guys, these days everything I touch is turning into gold. In fact even scalped +23 on gold today whilst going long. I'm out of it now but still pleased.

I'm really getting into this high volatility stuff. No SL placed only for longs on the DOW. Working a treat... :)

Hi Atilla

nice trade and large b...... well done see chart :arrowu: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

EGO watch it :!:

Don't talk to me about gold! Can you believe that trade? Accidental long 10pp on gold, with a 0.4 point adverse movement when trying to cover, for -90 loss in 15 seconds!!!

Dow transport very weak...
keep eye on aug low 4670...
transport led mkt higher for last few years

Attachments

• DOW JONES TRANSPORTATI.png
    DOW JONES TRANSPORTATI.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Dow transport very weak...
keep eye on aug low 4670...
transport led mkt higher for last few years

nice to see I'm not the only one looking at this

posted a chart last week, but on the bigger timeframe (weekly) nothing has changed but we are indeed in a risky situation imo...

If we are taking a bearish point of view, than 10000-11000 is the big potential support me thinks.
But I doubt we're going to flush it all at once (see other attached chart DJIA).

Attachments

• DJTA.PNG
    DJTA.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 153
  • DJIA.PNG
    DJIA.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 136
I was rather hoping you'd put a number on it after all that... but I can understand your reticence given your (unprotected) bearish exposure .... :cheesy:

Here-ish around 700-715 I have as resistance but since we are so close to the big downtrend ........but we could really fly once that trendline breaks poss to 810-ish
Lets see ......

The number I put on Monday when I first seriously took a glance at the charts was 13800. I don't think it's going to make it. :rolleyes:

Looking for another short opportunity. :D

phew ... out of jail again
first I set a trap for the DOW and fell right in it myself :rolleyes: - limit order to buy at 13659 - it was hit at 14:42 UK time ( before the fun data .. just my luck .. I had to endure the next decline just before the data .. then came the data - great the market's moving my way .. one push up, two pushes up then pull back onto my break even stop .. then I had to endure the DOW punching up to 13735 without me :mad:

can you guess what happened next? yes I bought the top .. well near enough :eek:
anyway after a 120 point draw down it all worked out

never never again

Don't talk to me about gold! Can you believe that trade? Accidental long 10pp on gold, with a 0.4 point adverse movement when trying to cover, for -90 loss in 15 seconds!!!

Hi LL, shocked to see where price has just climbed up to. Just goes to show what a jammy doughnut I am... :cheesy:

Not sure I understand your gold blurb. If you went long surely you will have made the money as it has been up all day.

I don't rush my trades. Usually a leisurely shall I or shall I not kind of click. I'd have a cigar in one hand and feet on the desk if I could. Ofcourse I don't smoke and my desk doesn't have space so I put my feet up on my LJet 4 Plus a cup of tea on my left hand.

You should have held on to see where it would take you?

Hi LL, shocked to see where price has just climbed up to. Just goes to show what a jammy doughnut I am... :cheesy:

Not sure I understand your gold blurb. If you went long surely you will have made the money as it has been up all day.

I don't rush my trades. Usually a leisurely shall I or shall I not kind of click. I'd have a cigar in one hand and feet on the desk if I could. Ofcourse I don't smoke and my desk doesn't have space so I put my feet up on my LJet 4 Plus a cup of tea on my left hand.

SHOCKED...
Oi....don't you read my posts (obviously missed the one about gold yesterday) :cheesy:

I said gold was due a decent move dec gold was then 761 to buy and now well........

To be honest the move has been relatively MODEST.....less than expectations underwhelming you get the pt.

Call was based on second inside day (at the time).... usually a precursor to strong breakout.... but you already know this .......... :cheesy:

Life is great ! :D

No, because I went long by accident. I was trying to move an order ticket on CMC and hit the buy on my gold ticket! I had just pulled up the gold ticket, and the price was set to 10pp and one click dealing was on. I was staring at this little green box which was telling me I had just bought 10pp of gold. Not having any reason to be in the trade, I covered immediately (rather than sit and hope that it would go up). As it was, the market had moved four tenths against me by the time I covered, plus the spread. -90 in a few seconds. OUCH!

one click

Hi LL,
Bad luck and commiserations with the gold accidental trade.
Is it possible / desirable to disable the 'one click trading' feature perhaps?
Neil