Dow 2007

Perhaps looking to peak near or roundabout 14210 ish, either reverse or breakthrough to further highs imo

Perhaps looking to peak near or roundabout 14210 ish, either reverse or breakthrough to further highs imo

damn .. one of these days I will set a limit sell just under an unconvincing ride up.

there were a couple of fake lower lows on the minute chart that could've turned out badly if I decided to trade ..

any news driving this thing?

I wonder if it going to do what it did yesterday and reverse most of the way back up .. let's see

still not trading it :cool:

damn .. one of these days I will set a limit sell just under an unconvincing ride up.

there were a couple of fake lower lows on the minute chart that could've turned out badly if I decided to trade ..

any news driving this thing?

I wonder if it going to do what it did yesterday and reverse most of the way back up .. let's see

still not trading it :cool:

Anybody know why market tanking?

Not that I'm complaining... Just quickly trying to catch up on events.

:)

Anybody know why market tanking?

Not that I'm complaining... Just quickly trying to catch up on events.

:)

according to TFN @ 20:21
Stocks fell from record levels Thursday, as traders took
profits after a European Central Bank official pointed to rising price risks and
a major Wall Street bank lowered its expectations for Baidu.com.

.... and

ECB governing council member Axel Weber said rising
inflation in the euro zone may require additional policy action, according to
Dow Jones Newswires. The comments appeared to raise concerns on Wall Street that
U.S. inflation could prevent the Federal Reserve from making another rate cut.
Investors have been banking on another rate reduction from the Fed, which
lowered the target federal funds rate by half a percentage point on Sept. 18 in
response to a tightening in the credit markets.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. lowering its
revenue expectations for Chinese Internet company Baidu.com,

.... ...

Also dampening Wall Street's mood was JPMorgan Chase & Co. lowering its
revenue expectations for Chinese Internet company Baidu.com, said Kelmoore
Strategy Funds portfolio manager Matt Kelmon. That hurt technology companies,
which had been rising strongly in recent days.
"Stocks have come a long way really quickly," Kelmon said. "The stocks that
have done the best are getting hammered right now."

according to TFN @ 20:21
Stocks fell from record levels Thursday, as traders took
profits after a European Central Bank official pointed to rising price risks and
a major Wall Street bank lowered its expectations for Baidu.com.

.... and

ECB governing council member Axel Weber said rising
inflation in the euro zone may require additional policy action, according to
Dow Jones Newswires. The comments appeared to raise concerns on Wall Street that
U.S. inflation could prevent the Federal Reserve from making another rate cut.
Investors have been banking on another rate reduction from the Fed, which
lowered the target federal funds rate by half a percentage point on Sept. 18 in
response to a tightening in the credit markets.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. lowering its
revenue expectations for Chinese Internet company Baidu.com,

.... ...

Also dampening Wall Street's mood was JPMorgan Chase & Co. lowering its
revenue expectations for Chinese Internet company Baidu.com, said Kelmoore
Strategy Funds portfolio manager Matt Kelmon. That hurt technology companies,
which had been rising strongly in recent days.
"Stocks have come a long way really quickly," Kelmon said. "The stocks that
have done the best are getting hammered right now."

That's great ShortToLong, do appreciate the quick update and I rate all your combined views and comments higher than what I read most of the time.

I've been reading similar stories about everybody reducing their growth forecasts and sooner or later it has to show I guess.

Anybody dare to say how low it may go or bounce from?

Lost some on gold though. Short on that too at the moment.

Attilla

Are you long, short or flat on DOW, if so what are your targets.

Have been shorting FTSE today at 6709, 6714, 6719 and 6724.
Closed tonight at 6684, 6682, 6681 and 6679. Considering shorting FTSE again
tonite or tommorrow, there must be a big drop soon, when the FTSE is above 6700.

Missed tonites DOW drop, had my tea at 6.40, at 7.00 dow already falling. scared to enter in case it bounced.

Attilla

Are you long, short or flat on DOW, if so what are your targets.

Have been shorting FTSE today at 6709, 6714, 6719 and 6724.
Closed tonight at 6684, 6682, 6681 and 6679. Considering shorting FTSE again
tonite or tommorrow, there must be a big drop soon, when the FTSE is above 6700.

Missed tonites DOW drop, had my tea at 6.40, at 7.00 dow already falling. scared to enter in case it bounced.

Left work at around 6 and went short. Got home and closed pos for +215.

Currently gone short again at 13990. Not sure if I left it to cool off long enough but expect more falls based on the daily charts. Target would say 13880 (cash).

Also short on gold. Target would say around 730...

I don't trade the Dow but have seen charts showing a distinct lack of volume on this rally to ath.

October surprise anyone?

Currently gone short again at 13990. Not sure if I left it to cool off long enough but expect more falls based on the daily charts. Target would say 13880 (cash).

13888 :)

Attachments

• 10112007-175524.jpg
    10112007-175524.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 171

nice work on the Dow! .. some people make it look easy :D .. I've been grafting hard intraday all week on the FTSE for half that number of points:rolleyes:

My view for tomorrow (trust me , it's not worth a lot:) )
:arrowd: The Dow plunged today, but ended only 21 points down on the day, so not very much of a drop. bit of a pullback I am thinking, but not by much ---- more to go? this makes me look to the short side for the European markets tomorrow morning, especially since that guy from the ECB has been saying nasty things about inflation in the Eurozone:LOL:

:arrowu: On the other hand a 21 point loss on the DOW is nothing much and the last move of the day was quite strongly up, they just ran out of time perhaps. Something that remains on my mind for a while now is the dollar .. the value in dollars of the Dow companies must be getting higher and higher, not because of real value growth but just because they are valued in dollars which of course is falling against most other currencies, so the sky is the limit for the DOW .. that's not really a short term view I suppose.

anyway, my view may change when I start looking at the FTSE at 7:45AM

good trading all!!

nice work on the Dow! .. some people make it look easy :D .. I've been grafting hard intraday all week on the FTSE for half that number of points:rolleyes:

My view for tomorrow (trust me , it's not worth a lot:) )
:arrowd: The Dow plunged today, but ended only 21 points down on the day, so not very much of a drop. bit of a pullback I am thinking, but not by much ---- more to go? this makes me look to the short side for the European markets tomorrow morning, especially since that guy from the ECB has been saying nasty things about inflation in the Eurozone:LOL:

:arrowu: On the other hand a 21 point loss on the DOW is nothing much and the last move of the day was quite strongly up, they just ran out of time perhaps. Something that remains on my mind for a while now is the dollar .. the value in dollars of the Dow companies must be getting higher and higher, not because of real value growth but just because they are valued in dollars which of course is falling against most other currencies, so the sky is the limit for the DOW .. that's not really a short term view I suppose.

anyway, my view may change when I start looking at the FTSE at 7:45AM

good trading all!!

My view for what it's worth is ........... the dow has not fallen much you're right and so other than a swifty today ... the jury is still out near term. I would like to see a bounce that fails abruptly..... ideally ~14100-130 (I'm greedy) ... lets see what the market gives me. Will probably stay awake tonight plenty of time for sleep over the weekend :LOL:

SB companies

Hi Everyone,

First time post and i must say enjoy the threads, not much of a expert to feel comfortable to post regualr threads but in time maybe.

Was looking at spread betting companies and interested in opening an account with either

Tradindex
Capital Spreads
I G Index
0r
T1PS spreadbetting

As you guys are all more experienced thought i would be cheeky and ask your advice on which is the best, i intend to trade on Dow, Ftse, Dax and a bit of forex, more 30 min to 4 hour trades than longer

Any advice greatly appreciated :LOL:

Hi Buffer50 - welcome to T2W

If you are just beginning, I would suggest either TradIndex or IG. Be aware that unless you meet certain financial requirements, IG will force you to pay for guaranteed stops - do not do this- indices and forex are liquid enough that GSOs aren't needed.

I used to use Capital Spreads, and while they have their good points I don't feel I could recommend them. I've never heard of T1PS though - sorry.

TradIndex aren't great for forex (wide spreads), but they are okay for indices. Good luck!

Hi Buffer50 - welcome to T2W

If you are just beginning, I would suggest either TradIndex or IG. Be aware that unless you meet certain financial requirements, IG will force you to pay for guaranteed stops - do not do this- indices and forex are liquid enough that GSOs aren't needed.

I used to use Capital Spreads, and while they have their good points I don't feel I could recommend them. I've never heard of T1PS though - sorry.

TradIndex aren't great for forex (wide spreads), but they are okay for indices. Good luck!

I would agree with LL's assessment.

From personal experience I prefer CMC, slick and fast trading system.

CS good for web access as you don't need any other software but poor for fast scalping trades in quick moving markets.

I think the DOW is struggling but if I had to choose charts look bulllish to me so would favour longs. However, I'm flat at the mo. Just wondering how high it may go.

I concur with HS view a quick burst of the bubble around 14100s to fall back down to 13800 would make my month...

Looking for a shorting opportunity. (Surprise surprise... :cheesy: said with a Cilla accent).

Attachments

• US30 Cash071012.png
    US30 Cash071012.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 138
Careful with that rejection at 14100.....

My view for what it's worth is ........... the dow has not fallen much you're right and so other than a swifty today ... the jury is still out near term. I would like to see a bounce that fails abruptly..... ideally ~14100-130 (I'm greedy) ... lets see what the market gives me. Will probably stay awake tonight plenty of time for sleep over the weekend :LOL:

Ensure you honour your stops above 14100 I don't trust this action .... hope I'm wrong though ...:cheesy:

Will be interesting to see what happens if we get new highs mon/tues
-new highs are being sold within hours
-mid month has produced major turning points this year (not that this will be another)
* 14March, 16July, 16August........ and 18Sep sort of .......

Will be interesting to see what happens if we get new highs mon/tues
-new highs are being sold within hours
-mid month has produced major turning points this year (not that this will be another)
* 14March, 16July, 16August........ and 18Sep sort of .......

Good call today HS. :)

Despite my doom and gloom, I can see it touching 14500 on my weekly charts.

Daily's look more like a short.

I think the hourly charts working best for me with my pattern of trading at the mo and on that front it's continued rise for me. Still will not go long though. Prefer to wait and short.

Now it's all about the rugby.

Have a great weekend everyone... :)

guys.. abandon all hopes for shorts, please.

we're looking at another 10%+ rise before the end of april..

thats 1,400 points you can take on the long side, or be underwater on the short side.

its your call.

not only is it a pre-election year, but its also the seasonally bullish winter months..

shorts beware. i cant stress this enough.. buy any dips you see.. stops of 5% should do..

just cash in.

i dont post much now, but i still see we have people trying to call the top on a 300 year bull market. just let it go and trade to the long side please.

FC