Dow 2007

MAs - 9 has (finally) crossed over 13 and both over 26 on 3 minutes. Will now keep a closer eye on each T/F until if and when it occurs on 60 mins.
But is THIS it ? Is this the start of the pullback I wonder ?
Interesting, but no way am I gonna attempt to call it just yet.
Any thoughts ?

Pretty shocked.

I'm sorry, but I for one will not be answering any more of your messages or trying to support you. Is there a Gamblers version of Alcoholics Anonymous in your country ? i suggest you check them out.....

My goodness! I've just read that part of the post now. Shocked. I can see how your position is justifiable, but I was merely expressing underlying bearish sentiment (and this seems to have been bothering me of late) - I was not intending to take, and I did not take, a short position in this market. I note that you state you won't answer any more messages, but I would ask you to reconsider and respond to the extend that you understand I had not yet again changed tactics.

I recognise I have had discipline issues, and I am fully dedicated to resolving these and learning to trade properly. I did not impatiently and impulsively change tactics there - I was merely expressing an urge to do so, and urge which I kept firmly in check.

MAs - 9 has (finally) crossed over 13 and both over 26 on 3 minutes. Will now keep a closer eye on each T/F until if and when it occurs on 60 mins.
But is THIS it ? Is this the start of the pullback I wonder ?
Interesting, but no way am I gonna attempt to call it just yet.
Any thoughts ?

On the Puppies Stochs setting there was a short at 16.34 hrs @13893

This market is coming off. There are large numbers of contracts changing hands above the ask if I am reading my T&S correctly!

Finally, while I didn't actually short this market due to the fact the longer term charts are bullish, in the short term the market has fallen 20 points without taking out the high of the 5m bar at 15:45 when I made the above post. As a short term day trade with a target of +20, this would have been perfectly legitimate using my old system. However, despite the result in this case, my old system was wrong and I have abandoned it.

I did not sell this market, nor am I trading against the trend as illustrated by the MAs on the 4h chart. I am flat at the moment, and will remain flat until I get a signal on the 4h.

I am feeling mostly misunderstood by some at this point, but also a small part of me feels I have courted this by appearing flippant in my changing of method on these boards. This was never the intention.

I don't really know what else to say in my defence here....sorry for any offence I have caused.

Afternoon all, Ziff, best not to think anything, I have said that before, go each day with an open mind, there will be an open, high, low and close, and in between trading opportunities

I really am not bothered in it breaks 14, 14 or even 20 or falls to 10, so long as ther are opportunities and I can maintain my discipline, trade my plan, I know I will make a living.

Tom, you have not caused me any offence, frustration perhaps at your forever changing trading plans.

So long as you go with the trend of your chosen timeframe you should profit.

Kevin, glad to see its going well, keep up the good work

Tricks PM details as we mentioned

Anybody else I haven't mentioned, good luck with your trading, I will not be trading today and will wait until monday, I intend to get a few days in next week, but will cease trading from Next Friday for about 6-7 weeks

Good luck

the media were hyping the expected profit-taking by the longs ahead of the weekend.

it's 2pm on Friday afternoon already, looks like it ain't gonna happen...

right, just an update... Out at 13969 for + 4
Long at 13970 - still in - around 10 up atm

Bit. of a slow day, only taken 56pts out of YM today and its the same story across the board. Only 136pts from the spmib, still around nearly 200pts up today out of just two markets

out at 13978 for + 8. Gonna call it a day now and start my weekend. Total profit for the day is 204pts.

Finally, while I didn't actually short this market due to the fact the longer term charts are bullish, in the short term the market has fallen 20 points without taking out the high of the 5m bar at 15:45 when I made the above post. As a short term day trade with a target of +20, this would have been perfectly legitimate using my old system. However, despite the result in this case, my old system was wrong and I have abandoned it.

I did not sell this market, nor am I trading against the trend as illustrated by the MAs on the 4h chart. I am flat at the moment, and will remain flat until I get a signal on the 4h.

I am feeling mostly misunderstood by some at this point, but also a small part of me feels I have courted this by appearing flippant in my changing of method on these boards. This was never the intention.

I don't really know what else to say in my defence here....sorry for any offence I have caused.

Carry on as we all were guys, no offence caused. If any offence caused less said about it the better.

Perhaps some frustration as pointed out and perhaps a little bit of hot and bother but hey it's good to have a little intensity in ones life....

Of course if somebody upsets you, one can always probe to see what upsets the other as a little exercise. :devilish: Always look on the bright side of life... :cheesy:

Markets are amazing. I'm still flat. Not sure if DOW is reaching exhaustion. I think it will give 50-100 pips before launching another surge to 14000.

I really wouldN'T like to touch it unless it dips below 13800 (cash) prices. I've never seen it like this. Apparently, when I was thinking we are at the tops and due for a fall, it makes the biggest gain in one day since 2002. 5 year record. All based on dollar falling and exports rising.

I think there is a clear indication the Fed wants to see a weaker dollar.

I also think cable will go to $2.1 soon as the Asians and rest of globe dump the dollar. The Euro will make headway to $1.5.

The DOW will a bee line to infinity and beyond... :LOL:

Good week for me at work but hardly any trading. Must confess I do relish coming home and checking the markets and responding to these exchanges. It is like addiction.

Good cautious trading everyone... :)

Carry on as we all were guys, no offence caused. If any offence caused less said about it the better.

Perhaps some frustration as pointed out and perhaps a little bit of hot and bother but hey it's good to have a little intensity in ones life....

Of course if somebody upsets you, one can always probe to see what upsets the other as a little exercise. :devilish: Always look on the bright side of life... :cheesy:

Markets are amazing. I'm still flat. Not sure if DOW is reaching exhaustion. I think it will give 50-100 pips before launching another surge to 14000.

I really wouldN'T like to touch it unless it dips below 13800 (cash) prices. I've never seen it like this. Apparently, when I was thinking we are at the tops and due for a fall, it makes the biggest gain in one day since 2002. 5 year record. All based on dollar falling and exports rising.

I think there is a clear indication the Fed wants to see a weaker dollar.

I also think cable will go to $2.1 soon as the Asians and rest of globe dump the dollar. The Euro will make headway to $1.5.

The DOW will a bee line to infinity and beyond... :LOL:

Good week for me at work but hardly any trading. Must confess I do relish coming home and checking the markets and responding to these exchanges. It is like addiction.

Good cautious trading everyone... :)

Hi Atilla,

Did not realise you had a job as well - what is it you do ? When you going to come and join the full timers ? ;)

Dow is just amazing - at least it made it through the 900 level :)

Must confess to doing the same Atilla, coming home and watching the DOW with a JD (or not if I'm trading). I'm thinking of calling CFDs Anonymous about my addiction as I don't think its healthy.

Things went a bit mental again when the news came out at 13.30 and 15.00 though! I thought today would of been a nice breather session but nope its off on a mission again.

I think SPX will make a run for it's all time high @ 1553 tomorrow....I got ABC up to 1556 which will take Dow comfortably to around 940....if it makes it anywhere near that I'll give it both barrels......:cool:

The above from y'day.....I'll be looking for strength pre-market Monday to sell into...Dax done it again to me,looking to sell that also....

cheers

Full time isn't all it is cracked up to be Ziff, especially if you aren't very good at this! Not only that, it can be a pretty unsociable existence when trading your own account from home.

I have finished the week net -6 on the YM, net of all costs. At £1pp, my mistakes have been cheap. I am sorry again if I have frustrated anyone on these boards. I am now using a 4h position trading strategy, and I have some reading for the weekend. I will post on my journal Sunday night for Monday trading. I should have a full crystalised plan at that stage, complete with money management. I am definitely abandoning the lower timeframes for decisions, and will rely on them only for pinpointing an entry in a predetermined direction from a predetermined price zone.

I hope everyone has ended the week with positive pips and pounds. My P/L for this week was saved by some forex trades, but this isn't the time or the place for them. I finished up in both pips and pounds, but unfortunately my Dow trades didn't contribute to that as I botched the trades yesterday. Goodbye 5m, goodbye NYSE Tick.

A few minutes before the close now. Can the bulls force a close at 14000 or higher? Only a few pips to go, and there will be cheers on the NYSE floor and media reports tomorrow!

Hi Atilla,

Did not realise you had a job as well - what is it you do ? When you going to come and join the full timers ? ;)

Dow is just amazing - at least it made it through the 900 level :)

I'm in IT - Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning.

I've been improving since last November, but can't make consistent sufficient gains to meet household expenses with a family + whopping mortgage to support.

I'm slowly but surely getting there.

Current system is showing pretty consistent returns when the signals line up and I choose to go in in the evenings.

How long have you been at it? Are you a full timer? I suppose you probably are.:D