Dow 2007

"I have a chart for you to look at, but me and technology don't go hand in hand well, I use pro real time, how do I send my screen shot??????"

You can always press you Print Screen button on your keyboard.

Open up the microsift Paint programe , , new, paste. cut the image you want , as it will capture all your desktop view, file, save as, png. thats a good one, retains image quality..

jobs done.

"I have a chart for you to look at, but me and technology don't go hand in hand well, I use pro real time, how do I send my screen shot??????"

You can always press you Print Screen button on your keyboard.

Open up the microsift Paint programe , , new, paste. cut the image you want , as it will capture all your desktop view, file, save as, png. thats a good one, retains image quality..

jobs done.

Sorry crap I just noticed your post after I submitted mine
great minds think alike lol

Chart Upload test

Test only

It worked, have deleted the attachment as it was a test only

will have a go later, thanks for all your help

Very quite today

15 min charts showing further weakness, DEMA/MA crossover, MACD crossover, Stochs heading south.

30 Min charts ,looking to mirrow 15 min chart

1 hour, favouring a change in direction?

I'm flat, but watching for further weakness, will be acting of my 15 minute chart tonight, hows anyb ody else doing

I'm trying out the new ProRealTime chart setup and entered a (paper) short on the 3min chart at 18.07, based on stochs, macd crossover, cci falling and the sharp break of the lower trendline. Exited for +21 as I'm aiming for a safe 20 pts/day. Could have had another 20+ by now, but there we are! Dropping away nicely now.

Very quite today

I'm flat, but watching for further weakness, will be acting of my 15 minute chart tonight, hows anyb ody else doing

I'm flat, but watching for further weakness, will be acting of my 15 minute chart tonight, hows anybody else doing

quite choppy today on DAX... not done much trading lately
volume relatively low on most indices (FTSE in particular I think), but still some decent moves around imho (from time to time)

long 14002 futures

instead of just posting long & short here, it might be more useful to have a small analysis + reason why to enter a trade added later on (not always possible straight away if you want to make a live post of your trade), so here goes:

"obvious" level to return to after breaking resistance around 14000'ish
first pullback normally worth buying, although I would have prefered a move to 14030, then 14000 and then 14060 and climbing higher instead of running away so strong at the open

but anyhow a long it is and we'll see how it goes

Oh, it looks like 14,000 didn't hold. I so desperately wanted to fade 14,000, but I didn't. I know I annoyed some by even suggesting it (mostly because it wasn't terribly reasoned). However, I am no longer wishing to gamble my capital picking tops. Shorting this without trend confirmation and profiting would have set my trading back further than I would understand by teaching me bad habits. I am glad I had the discipline not to trade on Friday, although I understand there is much room for improvement in that area.

So you have identied a filter for your system. Do not take trades that go against the trend and if I read your posts correctly you have defined trend by a MA line, am I correct?

It that's so, you have something solid to test but as you re-defined your setup you need to restart from the beginning with a testing period.

About the chart you posted, I'm bit surprised as to why you would wait so long to take an entry. There's a pretty clear long signal about 150 points lower then your entry. Have a look at my annotations.

Attachments

• US30 Sep 07 Q.png
    US30 Sep 07 Q.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 131
Steve, sweet as a nut, excellent entry, based on the set up you used, you couldn't have asked for a more clear cut entry, well done. my only observation, whey close the position when the DEMA is still trading below the MA, I would have been looking to close on A) stochastic set up that is looking to change or B) a cross of the DEMA/MA.

20 points well done, that is my daily target, anything else is extra, often and regular rather than the one big bang.

Firewalker, I really like the DAX, one of my favoured Indices, it has been choppy, but I got my entry right (I hope) up some +50 at the min with (+30) locked in.

I have a line on my DAX 3&4 hour charts at 8110, which has only been breached by candletick extension 5 times since 22 May 07 offering a good line of resistance, I am watching this very closely, if it holds and breaks down, this is were we may start from imho.

Whats your thoughts?

Hi guys,

Only the DAX30 looks like a potential short to me with the price about to dip below the MA34...

On the DOW, I'm not sure if this is resistance or consolidation support at these new levels. If they hold I think another surge is likely to be on the way towards the end of the week.

The markets are scary imo. I reckon shorting cable or the DAX might just be better safer option than the DOW at the moment. But I'll do neither as I have to go out again.

I'm still staying flat as even the 1 hour charts on the DOW are threatening an upward move.

Tomorrow's BoE meeting mins should be interesting. The markets are simply very fascinating to watch at the moment. I'm 50/50 as to direction.

Good trading everyone...

Hehe... interesting trade there steve
If you want to know why check out my suggestion at
(http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=345885&postcount=260)

So lurker, don't know if you are following but compare steve's entry to your entry as per the system I have laid down for you to follow for the coming two weeks.

Hi FW,
that's exactly the method I was using !!...:LOL:

fairly basic stuff but suprising how profitable it can be....especially considering where we are at highs in the market,you can control your risk effectively.....After all "It's not what you make,it's what you keep.."

cheers