Dow 2007

Hi All,

Expensive mistake not taking the profit on the table again. When I went out to play golf I was +40, didn't take it (looking for the BIG one again), get back in and Hey Presto, I made 1 tiny little point.
[/I]
Why not set a +30 stop loss before you went out clubbing balls? :eek:

I'm still short from last night.....hanging in there...:LOL:

Hi Steve,

That is my 'Achilles Heel' with trading always. If I kept the stop wide, which I did at the outset of the trade, (and ran a big loss) I would still be in and up 20+ pips again. as I post. I went out, set the stop at BE, and got taken out! If didn't set the stop at BE, I can bet 'the house' I would be running a BIG loss yet again! Confused is an understatement!

Why not set a +30 stop loss before you went out clubbing balls? :eek:

Very, very valid point there BB. I guess the answer to that is I wanted to give 'some' room to the trade, however, I should know better from many experiences past! :rolleyes:

Hi Steve,

That is my 'Achilles Heel' with trading always. If I kept the stop wide, which I did at the outset of the trade, (and ran a big loss) I would still be in and up 20+ pips again. as I post. I went out, set the stop at BE, and got taken out! If didn't set the stop at BE, I can bet 'the house' I would be running a BIG loss yet again! Confused is an understatement!

I sympathise m8....there are times when whatever you do in the market appears to be the wrong decision....
I basically short Dow because I've got a higher entry on SPX so have averaged in....gives some breathing room...but I also keep doubting my entries when the markets behave like this....

I sympathise m8....there are times when whatever you do in the market appears to be the wrong decision....
I basically short Dow because I've got a higher entry on SPX so have averaged in....gives some breathing room...but I also keep doubting my entries when the markets behave like this....

Just gone long @ 13620. SL 13609. (Cash)

Target. No idea. 13660 :rolleyes: maybe.

I'm so confused.

The 4 hour charts look like a long and a short at the same time to me... :eek:

What is wrong with me? :cheesy:

Hey Atilla,

There is basically nothing wrong at all. The problem is, like me, and the rest of us here, you haven't won the Lottery yet! :LOL: :LOL:
Now, wouldn't that be nice - no more trading. :cheesy:

I'm so confused.

The 4 hour charts look like a long and a short at the same time to me... :eek:

What is wrong with me? :cheesy:

Hmm... perhaps you don't have some strict rules defined?
Or perhaps you have too many possible rules or signals defined? I hardly ever see a situation that I can read both ways. Unless ofcourse I'm being emotional and not analyzing the signals but thinking about what the market could or should do :|

Hey Atilla,

There is basically nothing wrong at all. The problem is, like me, and the rest of us here, you haven't won the Lottery yet! :LOL: :LOL:

I'd be trading even more then
At least for a very short while hehe ;)

Hey Atilla,

I'm not sure.

Might mean we place bigger positions and continue just the same... :cheesy:

Risk management might go out the window perhaps...

One thing I know for sure. I wouldn't watcht the screen as much. Maybe once a month? :rolleyes: I'd be out planting my walnut trees in a nice line. :LOL:

Hmm... perhaps you don't have some strict rules defined?
Or perhaps you have too many possible rules or signals defined? I hardly ever see a situation that I can read both ways. Unless ofcourse I'm being emotional and not analyzing the signals but thinking about what the market could or should do :|

My rules are varied must confess. I switch from MAs to BBs to trading the News to going with the charts to going with my belly and what I have eaten or drunk.

I'm in a funny mood last few days. Confidence very high and I'm likely to risk something I don't want to lose.

Nice to see it surging forward.

SL moved to @ 13620 B/W. Free trade.

Ok I'm going to incubate this one to 660 with a 15 or 20 trailing stop hopefuly.

SL moved to @ 13620 B/W. Free trade.

Ok I'm going to incubate this one to 660 with a 15 or 20 trailing stop hopefuly.

Just exited at 13622 for another +2 making +12.

5 min charts turning also 1 hour charts looks like upper band of me Std Err charts.

Sorry for braking my incubation period but that's what you call a rotten egg. :eek:

My rules are varied must confess. I switch from MAs to BBs to trading the News to going with the charts to going with my belly and what I have eaten or drunk.

I'm in a funny mood last few days. Confidence very high and I'm likely to risk something I don't want to lose.

err... that could explain why you are seeing signals for either direction... I'd leave the belly out of it if I were you ;)

Hey Atilla,

You're joking right, if you had that sort of funding your trading potential would be unlimited. Just think of the sums you could lose :cheesy:

A lot of the problems described on here could be solved by trailing stops, something the SB'ers refuse to provide?