Dow 2007

Today's Spx range is the smallest in June

Snoozer but we WILL get some range expansion - won't we ? :D

Edit : At least I think I'm pretty sure it's probably the smallest range

for day trading cmc

I'm normally very conservative and use lagging indicators to join a trend after its happened, but I was introduced to using stochastic at 39,1,8, by Nick Kruger, it does allow entry earlier than I'm normally used to, I use with other indicators and seem to catch the turn earlier, doesn't always work out, but its not meant to be easy

I've finished now for the day as I have my son's birthday party, If I was staying, at this moment in time I would be looking to buy the dips as the 39ma is trending upwards, and the price action is above thisd line

dinos, think i might be looking to sell the highs based on the hourly chart...:confused:

looking at the shorter time frames could be one to play both ways though:D

hope you all have a profitable day

may I ask what made you short there Zuke ?

Hi guys, back again... I was thinking of going long until I saw it drop back down from 13620 levels and it reminded me of my 627 fixation from yesterday.

So I went in short @ 13611. SL @ 13627.

Sentiments all over the place.

Daily's undecided
4 hourly charts possible pickup
1 hourly charts on temporary retrace down
10 min looking like a real good drop due.

However, I'm prepared to reverse position if it doesn't go according to plan. This can turn into a quick scalp I'd guess.

Hi guys, back again... I was thinking of going long until I saw it drop back down from 13620 levels and it reminded me of my 627 fixation from yesterday.

So I went in short @ 13611. SL @ 13627.

Sentiments all over the place.

Daily's undecided
4 hourly charts possible pickup
1 hourly charts on temporary retrace down
10 min looking like a real good drop due.

However, I'm prepared to reverse position if it doesn't go according to plan. This can turn into a quick scalp I'd guess.

Hi Atilla,

Great when a plan works out :cheesy:

I am short of my 5 min MA cross at 28 on the cash; feeling better about this now than I did as it zoomed up over 40.............. :eek:

Thanks for that, you could well be right, certainly brought the DAX down a little. Long may it continue :LOL:

Have to go out now on business and playing golf this PM. Good trading to you all. Back later to pick up the pieces.

P.S. Stop back to BE. Just in case!

Hi All,

Expensive mistake not taking the profit on the table again. When I went out to play golf I was +40, didn't take it (looking for the BIG one again), get back in and Hey Presto, I made 1 tiny little point. Don't you just feel like giving up sometimes?
There is a lesson to be learnt here for me, and other traders I am sure. I have repeated this scenario so, so many times over the years. Take the Money when it's there D**K***D !!!!!!!!

Hi All,

Expensive mistake not taking the profit on the table again. When I went out to play golf I was +40, didn't take it (looking for the BIG one again), get back in and Hey Presto, I made 1 tiny little point. Don't you just feel like giving up sometimes?
There is a lesson to be learnt here for me, and other traders I am sure. I have repeated this scenario so, so many times over the years. Take the Money when it's there D**K***D !!!!!!!!

I'm about +20 up and really feel like taking profits at the mo.

And so moved SL to 13601. Locking in +10.

I'm still short from last night.....hanging in there...:LOL:

SL @ 13601 just got blown away. +10.

Steve do you have a downside target? and your SL?

Also, which charts are you basing the short on.

I'm mixed up at the mo and just looking for direction really.

I'm still short from last night.....hanging in there...:LOL:

don't you wish you had taken profits around the opening?
I know I would have stopped out breakeven for sure.
I'd be surprised if we move lower, I think another swing high is coming up...

Last edited:
SL @ 13601 just got blown away. +10.

Steve do you have a downside target? and your SL?

Also, which charts are you basing the short on.

I'm mixed up at the mo and just looking for direction really.

I'm looking for 13475 at sometime this week....took the signal from NDX chart ....hoping NDX is gonna lead.....stop based on NDX also...

Not the best thing to do,taking a position based on another index...why not just trade NDX ???.....But i'm also short SPX from Friday when it touched 1538 cash...