Dow 2007

I can't paper trade. It doesn't work for me.

Broke a rule again.

I went long below the 100 minute EMA. What did I say I was going to do below the EMA. Sell. What did I do not long after I couldn't get a fill selling. I bought. Why did I buy? A $Tick divergence which wasnt a divergence. It actually wasn't!

Serious question for you all: why can't I trade the plan. It can't be lack of confidence in the plan. Why am I being so reckless?

Well, one rule I'm not going to break. I've had three trades today. No more.

I can't stand papertrading. I hate papertrading. It doesn't work. I can't take it seriously enough or something. In fact, paper trading feels like wasting a day. Better to waste a day and not money than to waste both a day and money though.

I can't papertrade, so I'll do more backtesting. Who wants to see a 6 month backtest of my new YM system?

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10>0)*(A1:A10))
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10<0)*(A1:A10))

might work for Excel.

Just got back in, went for a walk not much to trade anyway.
Will wait after the Beige book.

I think there's an easier formula. Had to look it up 'cos it's all in Dutch in my version.

SUMIF Syntax

=SUMIF(range,criteria,sum_range)

=SUMIF(A1:A10,">0",A1:A10)
this makes the sum of all positive numbers in a certain range

If its any consellation LL, if you look at my trades today, I'm guilty of not trading my plan, its very easy to do and not to easy to alter a mindset.

My plan as you know uses emas to monitor, close trades when open, tonight I haven't been doing that, and although successful in the trades (so far) I need to step back and trade my plan.

I'm sure there are few more of us out there doing it as well

Keep your chin fella, it will come right in time.

My YM System (and rules for trading it)

I hope I have kept this simple. I am going to start to backtest this thing again. Can I have some comments on the system before I begin? I don't want to backtest something crappy. Also, is it simple enough?

Could you all follow the rules if you were a non-trader?

Here it is.

Wrong thread

Sorry no it wasn't, stopped out -25, thing I'm going mad

Last edited:
Bloody Hell, what happened there, just had my tea and stopped out -25

Still watching this expected H&S reversal...

However, from yesterday evening this is when it tanked. I was hoping to buy at 13420-30 regions and it ended up at 13280 :rolleyes:

These H&S once confirmed never fail on me. So hope to follow it.

Attachments

• US30 Cash.png
    US30 Cash.png
    11 KB · Views: 109
I hope I have kept this simple. I am going to start to backtest this thing again. Can I have some comments on the system before I begin? I don't want to backtest something crappy. Also, is it simple enough?

Could you all follow the rules if you were a non-trader?

Here it is.

Lurker - I've been following this thread off and on for a little while when I have the time, and have enjoyed your posts. I seem to be quite similar to you in my trading. I have several problems, but these can probably be broken down into

1. Cutting profits, letting losses run; more the former than the latter though
  2. Confidence - once a nice set up comes along I make the trade, and then cease to stick with it at the first (very slight) sign that it might not be going as expected
  3. Discipline - I need to be disciplined, and not overtrade trying to recoup losses

Your plan seems to be nice and simple, but I fear the biggest problem might be - like myself - in sticking to it. (NB - I don't know whether it works with backtesting or not though.)

My methodology differs from yours. I'm currently experimenting with Point and Figure charts, with mixed success. Heartened by your example, when I have time to concentrate on it properly I am going to set to and carve out a proper plan for myself.

Thanks for giving hope to someone who is still a bit green behind the ears! :)

My Chart

This it my take on the price. (and my short)

I think it speaks for itself. I've stuck the orders onto my simulator so I can see how it pans out.

I love decent execution - trading through a web platform sucks.

Attachments

• ym.png
    ym.png
    77 KB · Views: 109
It certainly does Watson, got caught completely by that. Never stops surprising you this Index does it. I'll have another go, see if I can get it back now

Unhealthy $tick readings, but the price doesn't see to be responding to that. Volume dried up on the 5 min doji a minute ago. Patience. I want to take my virtual profit early.

Filled at breakeven.

A thought

Lurker, maybe this might help you with you trading system.

As you are aware, I have posted to an extent the system I have traded successfully for many years, the time lag entrys by using the ema's & dema, enable me to trade relatively stress free

I have dabbled trying to find a methology which would enable me an earlier entry than I'm normally used to, and to some extent I have been successful, however, in doing so, have found myself outside of my comfort zone as I'm not trading to plan, and have founm myself entering & exiting positions on price movements.

I'm going to look to see how , if at possible I can incorporate some of these new indicators into my plan, if I can't do this successfully, then back into the hovel of my comfort zone.

The moral, if there is one, get your system sorted, understand it, trade it to the tee, if you start to dabble, it can go wrong, tonight is a classic example from me, 3 winners, 2 losses. Had I stuck to my tried and trusty plan, they would have all been winners.

Maybe I can get back some of thos point between now and the close, I don't know, but I will try.