Dow 2007

Don't be too downhearted - I lost 77 today! Pretty poor. However, in my defence I was stopped out on a couple of trades which were (for a short time) profitable as the ADSL went down for an hour (apparently Nildram had a "core network failure", whatever that means!). In any case, I should have stopped when I was +20... Maybe I should make this my daily target. I agree with what someone said above (think it was Atilla); I also seem to become more risk loving when I'm "winning". Must remind myself to be extra careful with my next trade after a winner...

You have the phone number for your broker written on a notepad on your trading desk though, don't you, so that even if the electricity blows you can cover.

My SB firm has gone down twice in the last week and I've covered a trade at the market immediately by phone. (with the comfort of a separate data feed while doing this).

Hi guys,

This H&S is still playing out to text book theory.

Looking at it again I think we may well have another pull back to the neckline before the move up again. Not sure if we saw it yesterday or not.

I think with all the stats this afternoon, it should be an exciting day. I hope I can contain all those pips... :cheesy:

Good trading y'all... :)

Attachments

• US30 Cash.png
    US30 Cash.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 125
hi Attilla.
.....what target you have for h&S.........I got a small W on the 60 min giving target 13568....and if it stays over 13475 today a bigger one projecting to 13655.....

cheers

Last edited:
hi Attilla...
sorry mate,can't really interpret your chart.....what target you have for h&S.........I got a small W on the 60 min giving target 13568....and if it stays over 13475 today a bigger one projecting to 13655.....

cheers

Depending on whether you use closing prices Lines or peak prices as in CSticks and BCharts the neckline does change quite a bit.

On closing prices I have 13400 - as the neckline support

On BCharts peak prices I have 13430 - - as the neckline support

I should add though Steve, this neckline is purely drawn by eye best match. Also, CMCs charting is quite good but not exactly 100% accurate imo.

Target for me would be 13575 on average give or take 25 pips. Don't know if 600 will be breached but if so then 650 - 700 are on the horizons.

You can also see the H&S reversal pattern if you turn off price and just look at MA lines. Pretty certain with 75% confidence that this will shoot up. Be surprised if the news makes a difference as even if it's bad it will no doubt be trumped up to planet Pluto (which we all know is not really a planet anymore but most people will buy the story anyway :cheesy: )

Hi guys,

This H&S is still playing out to text book theory.

Looking at it again I think we may well have another pull back to the neckline before the move up again. Not sure if we saw it yesterday or not.

Well the way the DOW is storming past 500 I think we may have had that little pull back during yesterdays evening session when it dipped back down to 420. :rolleyes:

Well the way the DOW is storming past 500 I think we may have had that little pull back during yesterdays evening session when it dipped back down to 420. :rolleyes:

looks like we're reading from same hymbook with similar targets....good luck today m8..:LOL:

Moving SL to 13506. Free trade now to see where it takes me.

Take me higher baby... :cheesy:

Moved SL to 13416. +10 locked away.

Thinking of keeping a 15 - 20 point trailing stop on this one.

Moved SL again to 13525 - +19 locked away. Free trade still in.

This is good. Entered double size too.

Last edited:
Moved SL to 13416. +10 locked away.

Thinking of keeping a 15 - 20 point trailing stop on this one.

Moved SL again to 13525 - +19 locked away. Free trade still in.

This is good. Entered double size too.

Great stuff Atilla. As the train has already left, I'll have to wait for the pullback before my next long entry

well done m8.....think I've missed this particular train...still there's always another along later....

Having watched it develop over the last few days it's really sweet to get one right.

I'm taking the last shoulder lower height to set target and that touches 470 on my charts so I feel there is more opportunity in this run.

Will hold this entry now really looking for some 21% retrace to test strength before moving in again.

Oh well that idea is out as I see 445 again. :rolleyes: Here we go to 460+ imo.

short 13675 Fut

ps: hard to believe we made up so much already from that fall in the beginning of the month

well done m8.....think I've missed this particular train...still there's always another along later....

You are so right Steve, once I was running to catch a BR train at Hackney some place. However, didn't have a ticket so as I was buying my ticket the train rumbled away.

In dissapointment and in a hurry I asked have I missed the last train? and this elderly gentleman - bless him, replied, "oh no sir. You will never miss the last train. There will always be another train".

He said it slowly and with such certainty that it made me reflect and smile on life it self.

Closed the remainder at 13434. :)

No point in waiting for the knife to fall.

short 13675 Fut

ps: hard to believe we made up so much already from that fall in the beginning of the month

Hi Firewalker, just caught shaken out at that last consolidation but this rise looks very strong to me. Funny how things change. I'm still a bear but I believe anything about the DOW now.

I'm looking to go long again on weakness at normal position size.

Inflation.....what inflation !!!

The market never ceases to amuse me.....

PPI numbers announced today and market likes it.....suggests inflation is under control to falling...at least that's how the market has spun it....Wall Street Journal headlines "Inflation Tame".
Wall Steert Journal also announced today it's raising it's issue price by 50%...cites rising costs !!!......oh phlueeez

up we go... -10

I see two possible targets. Text book theory says take the head length to the neck line.

In which case 600 is the target.

If DOW goes to 440 I'm going long again.

Attachments

• US30 Cash.png
    US30 Cash.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 100