Dow 2007

Pat494 said:
should have said a week or two !!

it was never going to take long after that second attempt to go lower failed
obviously everybody is looking at all the good signs again, you can even hear people talk about a potential intrest cut.... happy bulls under way... but I'll be sleeping on one ear...

anyway I went long today from the open and can't really complain, so on short to intermediate term I'm bullish till we reach the previous high and see what happens then...

Well played firewalker.

Today with consolidation at recovery highs and tomorrow the 7th anniversary of the ALL TIME Highs in Spx - a big reversal from last week.......something significant should be in the works.......today or monday at latest-imho

I'm on YenWatch - this could be an interesting indicator...

Hook Shot said:
Well played firewalker.

Today with consolidation at recovery highs and tomorrow the 7th anniversary of the ALL TIME Highs in Spx - a big reversal from last week.......something significant should be in the works.......today or monday at latest-imho

I'm on YenWatch - this could be an interesting indicator...

Thanks HS.
I've added a chart of YM yesterday in another thread
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=24199

Be interesting to see how it develops... I agree today or Monday some more directional clues...

Hi all, just noticing the almost perfect "Kiss Of Death" on thr FTSE and DAX. We're not quite bak up to these levels on SPX and DOW yet but DOW has run into resistance at 50MA and SPX has Daily DOJI and Stochs rolling over - Could be time more a huge move down.... ?

Attachments

• ftseanddax.jpg
    ftseanddax.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 220
29Investments said:
Hi all, just noticing the almost perfect "Kiss Of Death" on thr FTSE and DAX. We're not quite bak up to these levels on SPX and DOW yet but DOW has run into resistance at 50MA and SPX has Daily DOJI and Stochs rolling over - Could be time more a huge move down.... ?

That seems very unlikely imo.. I think we just made a solid double bottom, before we head for another attempt to break the highs. If that fails, then the next huge move down might materialize... but can't see it happening right now... but as they say... anything can happen!

Gotta a SHORT signal from my pattern recognition software yesterday so see how it pans out ?
:?:

Pat494 said:
Gotta a SHORT signal from my pattern recognition software yesterday so see how it pans out ?
:?:

If I may ask, what pattern does the software recognize?

firewalker99 said:
If I may ask, what pattern does the software recognize?

I run the software, pick the 6 six best patterns for long and the same for short. Its one of those. As to which one, I've no idea.
It may be of interest to know that it has been profitable overral so far. But past results as they say in the blurb are no guarantee of future success.
K' sera etc.

Pat494 said:
I run the software, pick the 6 six best patterns for long and the same for short. Its one of those. As to which one, I've no idea.
It may be of interest to know that it has been profitable overral so far. But past results as they say in the blurb are no guarantee of future success.
K' sera etc.

What is the name of the software program?

Bez said:
Michael Harris's APS from the traderpatterns site :?:

hi,
couldnt work out how to start a thread for my question, so i hope you dont mind me borrowing this one for two seconds.

does anyone know of a company that offers a tight spread (less than 4 points) for dow jones cash (not the futures) ?

thanks for any replies

we wish

tightstops said:
hi,
couldnt work out how to start a thread for my question, so i hope you dont mind me borrowing this one for two seconds.

does anyone know of a company that offers a tight spread (less than 4 points) for dow jones cash (not the futures) ?

thanks for any replies

i dream of finding such a thing but reckon its just a dream

we wish

Strong W bottom on YM with the top tested today. I wonder if we're heading for the 161.8 tomorrow.

Then there's 12850 which is I believe the "official" TA target for the W (where's tradesmart when you need her?)

Could wait for ES 1451 to be broken for longs.
Gaps on either side ... but I think up would hurt more people...

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    55.6 KB · Views: 186
  • ES.PNG
    ES.PNG
    76.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Thought i would revive this thread. Regulars like Kriesau, Mark Twain etc seemed to have vanished. That no.9 bus again !!
I see a bit of a rise Mon, Tues with a correcting fall Wed.
Any views ????????

Pat494 said:
Thought i would revive this thread. Regulars like Kriesau, Mark Twain etc seemed to have vanished. That no.9 bus again !!
I see a bit of a rise Mon, Tues with a correcting fall Wed.
Any views ????????

I'll join you just to see how the moves reflect with respect to the SPX. I am actually expecting the DOW to sink to 11711 levels for a full retrace but had me wrong footed so far.

I feel same as you really that we will see a rise which will fall short and the full 10% retrace which didn't materialise at start of March to take place with a vengence.

Pat494 said:
Thought i would revive this thread. Regulars like Kriesau, Mark Twain etc seemed to have vanished. That no.9 bus again !! I see a bit of a rise Mon, Tues with a correcting fall Wed. Any views ????????
Hi Pat - hope that you're having a good trading run this year :D

I "vanished" from this thread after censorship was introduced ! :(

14-01-2007, 03:17 PM #88 kriesau vbmenu_register("postmenu_301857", true);
Legendary Member

4stars.gif

reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon
mornin' all
Since this is a well used and popular thread I hope members will excuse me for housekeeping the last few pages in order to keep the thread squarely on track and avoid any descent into personality bashing. If tricks looks in that will probably give him a further headache since the missing "phantom" pages he noted were caused by some posters deleting their post :)
good trading.
jon

Don't think that censorship was either necessary or warranted.

Posters here are adults and, whilst there was a brief skirmish into psychobabble, it was evident that the thread was back on track in relation to its principal raison d'etre.

"The first condition of progress is the removal of censorship" George Bernard Shaw.

Take care and have a great year !

Kriesau

Hi,
Good to hear from you again.
Now that all the dust has settled hopefully we can resurrect this thread . It was the best one once upon a time.