Dow 2007

FTSE appears to be leading the Dow slightly at the moment..

interesting..

reckon we could see loads of short covering going into the weekend.. hence my view on a bumper up day.

I would like it to have another crack at 12350 (INDU) between now and Monday (maybe with a gap) before re testing how solid the low is ;)...

me too bez. on weds got myself a rather nice one-touch digital option at 12,360 expiring end of next week..

would like it to pay out, obviously ;)

I've just had a 'buy' confirmation with my signal provider .... hmmm....

Analysts on Bloomberg TV are stating technically, this week is not a correction. :LOL:

A correction is 10% they say so look for opportunities to buy or don't just sell yet.

Well on my weekly DOW charts we are 5% way down in one week. I'd guess another 5% next week will nicely conclude the correction.

10% correction = 11472
61.8% fib retrac= 11565.

Given that the difference 93 is a less than 0.007% margin of error, the Fib 61.8% retrace is = 10% market correction.

I may be a simple man :confused: but I know what a correction is :devilish:

Attachments

• DOW-2Mar07.gif
    DOW-2Mar07.gif
    25.9 KB · Views: 199
So 11,500 on the Dow would be a 61.8% retrace, a 10% correction and tie with trend line support

I usually only like to buy on stop but might get me a limit in at that level. I think you'd see some profit on it at some point, if only for a short time before further falls.

Alternatively perhaps play it using on of those fixed odds one touch bets.

Bet on markets will give you 7-1 on DJIA hitting 11,500 before the 19th of March.

Stephen McCreedy

Attachments

• djia.JPG
    djia.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 179
smccreedy said:
So 11,500 on the Dow would be a 61.8% retrace, a 10% correction and tie with trend line support

I usually only like to buy on stop but might get me a limit in at that level. I think you'd see some profit on it at some point, if only for a short time before further falls.

Alternatively perhaps play it using on of those fixed odds one touch bets.

Bet on markets will give you 7-1 on DJIA hitting 11,500 before the 19th of March.

Stephen McCreedy

We get a similar view on the SPX charts with a fib retrace to 61.8% and works out spot on with a 75d MA for support.

The last 3 retracements / corrections also matched these figures. Call it a coincidence or the beauty of Fib calculations. Always leaves me in amazed.

Attachments

• SPX-2Mar07.gif
    SPX-2Mar07.gif
    30.3 KB · Views: 210
Atilla said:
We get a similar view on the SPX charts with a fib retrace to 61.8% and works out spot on with a 75d MA for support.

The last 3 retracements / corrections also matched these figures. Call it a coincidence or the beauty of Fib calculations. Always leaves me in amazed.

Apart from betOnMarket, is there any other broker/provider which privide a one touch bets/options ( not daily one ),

cheers,
H

Hook Shot said:

Interesting.
Showing that this fall is just a market correction and not a crash ( barring WW3 I suppose )
Capital spreads and Fins both off line this morning - that's a bad sign imho
I hope the Bears caught the action last week ?? They have been predicting a major fall since last summer and if their money was where their mouths were, could have been hurting a bit ?

Rather than start a new thread for what is a rather simple question, I thought I'd tack it on here - can anybody tell me what the official closing time for the Dow is ?

If you look at the SB companies prices last night, the official closing price of 12260 was around 20.59 hrs and then it shot up to 12280 15 mins later. I am enquiring as I am working on a NF Payroll trade that I will post here once I've sorted it out.

Nick

nkruger said:
Rather than start a new thread for what is a rather simple question, I thought I'd tack it on here - can anybody tell me what the official closing time for the Dow is ?

If you look at the SB companies prices last night, the official closing price of 12260 was around 20.59 hrs and then it shot up to 12280 15 mins later. I am enquiring as I am working on a NF Payroll trade that I will post here once I've sorted it out.

Nick

Tha market in NY closes at 21:00 UK time...however occasionally there can be small changes after that while last minute trades are reported.... The spread bet companies usually keep quoting based on futures prices...

12260.7 was the close of DOW last night

catracho said:
Tha market in NY closes at 21:00 UK time...however occasionally there can be small changes after that while last minute trades are reported.... The spread bet companies usually keep quoting based on futures prices...

12260.7 was the close of DOW last night

Thanks for that Catracho. My scheme is to buy at very close to the close of trading on the night before Non Farm Payrolls are announced. There is never a big profit in pips but there always seems to be positive sentiment the next morning with the SB companies. This morning there was only 15 points, but I'm not sniffing at that when my monthly target is only 150 !!

nkruger said:

Nick
sp futures open at 8;15 close at 4:15, dow open at 9:30 close at 4pm est,dow futures trade with sp futures for last 15 minutes

;

;

Last edited:
FetteredChinos said:
me too bez. on weds got myself a rather nice one-touch digital option at 12,360 expiring end of next week..

would like it to pay out, obviously ;)

come on you ****er... nearly there.......nnnnnnngggggggg

just hit 12,360 early on, then i couldnt care what it does for the rest of the day..

Fwiw
I reckon its going on back UP to previous levels - 1450s. Even if there is another wobble from China - the markets are inocculated now

Pat494 said:
Fwiw
I reckon its going on back UP to previous levels - 1450s. Even if there is another wobble from China - the markets are inocculated now

Maybe 1430 but not on a Friday... :rolleyes: