Dow 2007

Tuesday - Dow closed positive 8 days running .......... that's quite a run.......so the strreak is getting a bit long in the tooth (IMO).... Lets see!

Pat494 said:
I see a bit of a rise Mon, Tues with a correcting fall Wed.
Any views ????????

Amazingly my post Monday morning is looking good ( barring a reversal and rally).
Hope you got some of it Attila ?
Could go down to 1430s and close in the 40s. ( says me pushing my luck a bit )

Pat494 said:
Amazingly my post Monday morning is looking good ( barring a reversal and rally).
Hope you got some of it Attila ?
Could go down to 1430s and close in the 40s. ( says me pushing my luck a bit )

I caught the fall today on the SPX from 1446... Still short at the mo.

On the Dow I don't think we are going to make the 12700s so a bigger fall towards Friday is due imo.

However, I'll be sticking with SPX and just watching the Dow for signals.

Good to see gold and oil holding up so I think we are due for that fall still.

There was no bounce in the market this morning from yesterday's fall, and now it has gone lower still ( Dow futs ) there appears to be little strength there.

Pat494 said:
This would indicate a small rise soon

The file hasn't uploaded !

Hi Pat,

Yes I agree. I've closed pos last night at 1.439.4. Was being greedy for it to get to 1.436 but felt better to sleep well.

I have a sneaky feeling if ECB raises rates, it will reflect badly on the SPX and DOW...

However, it looks like they may be kept on hold for now with a speech from the ECB.

Good trading...

Got my stop on at break-even so can't lose
Sit tight for the ride hopefully

Pat494 said:
Got my stop on at break-even so can't lose
Sit tight for the ride hopefully

Short ride !!
Got stopped out for no loss
Long with b/e stop

Pat494 said:
Hi At,
No bounce again but motoring south !
I'm on for a short

Been watching both the Dow and SPX and not opened any positions. Write ups on SPX probably applicable on the Dow.

I'm sure the traders on the SPX thread don't mind discussing the Dow Pat. Aren't we better off with one thread.

TA says a rise but my FA says markets have all bad news. I don't know. I'm waiting for an opportune moment to move in short too.

Atilla said:
Been watching both the Dow and SPX and not opened any positions. Write ups on SPX probably applicable on the Dow.

I'm sure the traders on the SPX thread don't mind discussing the Dow Pat. Aren't we better off with one thread.

TA says a rise but my FA says markets have all bad news. I don't know. I'm waiting for an opportune moment to move in short too.

Yes you are probably right. I'll post on the S&P thread then after this one.
My long is doing well - +38 points with trailing stop

Pat494 said:
Yes you are probably right. I'll post on the S&P thread then after this one.
My long is doing well - +38 points with trailing stop

Good move and I'll see you on the Trading the SPX thread.

I've sacrificed my 33 pips today on some risky FX cable move. Time will tell. Shorted the thing in anticipation that Dow and SPX will fall. It's only a small bet though.

Good luck.

A bigger picture look at the INDU this time with a triangle IV ...

Attachments

• indult.jpg
    indult.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 221
A strong rise. Fins locked up naturally but on for a long now.
Bear kebab for lunch !!!!!!!!!

Some stats for consecutive up/down days (SPX) 1980 -2006.

Attachments

• consecutive.PNG
    consecutive.PNG
    5.4 KB · Views: 165
Pat494 said:
Going no-where and out again
Maybe but Dow has got no where to hide over coming days ............. if it does not keep going up it'll be mugged ... :cheesy:

Hook Shot said:
Maybe but Dow has got no where to hide over coming days ............. if it does not keep going up it'll be mugged ... :cheesy:

Agreed.

What's niggling me is how the market commentators are selective in their 'focusing' on the drivers. I had thought the market was highly sensitive to inflation (due to impact on IRs)

Oil closed above $63 barrel (very inflationary), $ very weak (rather inflationary) but hey says the market, let's not focus on that right now.....let's focus on earnings for the *past* quarter (not the next 3 quarters!).

i once heard it said that the markets look forward 18-24 months....not anymore (if they did, the market would be nearer 11k than 13k)