Dow 2007

Think I will limp off to the sidelines on this one - only a small loss

Pat494 said:
Think I will limp off to the sidelines on this one - only a small loss

One hour later... :rolleyes:

Volume really dropping off, it's going to happen soon now!

Attachments

• ym_triangle2.jpg
    ym_triangle2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 141
Good call FW. I think 740 is a bit optimistic though. I guess if you are short you got in about 12960 ?
I'm waiting a little more on this one

Pat494 said:
Good call FW. I think 740 is a bit optimistic though. I guess if you are short you got in about 12960 ?
I'm waiting a little more on this one

Thanks pat, this is my entry

Edit: I usually like to trade BEFORE the actual break out... that gets you in nice and easy as I did anticipate a move lower anyway...

Attachments

• ym_Short.jpg
    ym_Short.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Apparrently the causes of this sudden drop were higher oil prices - nearly $68 and the chaos in Nigeria.
There may be a bit of strength in the Nasdaq though which shoud pull up the Dow etc.
Maybe you got a winning system there At - shorting up channels !

Last edited:
Pat494 said:
Apparrently the causes of this sudden drop were higher oil prices - nearly $68 and the chaos in Nigeria.
There may be a bit of strength in the Nasdaq though which shoud pull up the Dow etc.

That's if you believe the news :p

I'm holding on to the second part of my short... leaving it open till the market closes...

firewalker99 said:
That's if you believe the news :p

I'm holding on to the second part of my short... leaving it open till the market closes...

That was a pleasant suprise to come back to... I've closed my shorts and locked away my pips. Will watch the bounce and the news. May short again but will see.

I too think a drop is long over due but was expecting it to kick off in May or towards the end of this week.

Standard Error Channel would point it to drop all the way down to 12,600. Fib 61% retrace says 12650 regions.

I have 11711 pencilled in my book but that seems to be in the far distant horizons at the mo. :cheesy:

Attachments

• US30 Cash.png
    US30 Cash.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 180
Not sure of the value of this comment.... but we are desperately in need of a lower daily low - i.e we have not broken the previous days low for a while.... so a LL may be around the corner - especially with dow closing near lows of 916 - so once again I'm looking to take advantage of any overnight/pre-US rallies...

We are due a down bar.... obvious target is 12800ish....

Hope if happens................. bears are getting hungry (near term) :cheesy:

The housing starts and consumer confidence numbers are due out tomorrow. You've convinced me - I have a small overnight short.

Remember guys, all very well just looking at the DOW making all time new highs. The Nasdaq and S&P have not made all time new highs.

Dow had made all new time high
S&P........ 5% to go, untill all time new highs are hit
Nasdaq.. 160% to go, untill all new time highs are hit

laptop1 said:
Remember guys, all very well just looking at the DOW making all time new highs. The Nasdaq and S&P have not made all time new highs.

Hi Laptop,

Forgive me perhaps asking the obvious - what is the significance? Does this mean S&P and Nasdaq will also rise?

My understanding is that the Nasdaq leads rallies. I can only guess people are moving in to low beta shares perhaps because they anticipate slow down or tough economic condiditions. :rolleyes:

The significance is, you cant make a judgment the dow cannot go higher. I would like to see the s&p make new highs before the big bear starts as we are so near to it.

laptop1 said:

That's indeed worth mentioning.
The tech's should be the first to signal weakness and are in fact already doing that be not making new highs...

laptop1 said:
The significance is, you cant make a judgment the dow cannot go higher. I would like to see the s&p make new highs before the big bear starts as we are so near to it.

You make a valid point (& one I was pondering on Friday). IMHO the Dax is a leading indicator for the Dow....

1. DAX recovered all its Feb losses & pusehed on to make new highs, then
2. Although lagging, the Dow has just done the same.... (for all the DAX's early sprint & divergence, I notice it has now more or less re-aligned with the DOW)

The S&P still about 60 points still to go (cant remember the exact number of points). You'd have to think in the light the DAX performed, then the Dow performed, in the absence of any new external shock that the S&P will have its moment in the sun too.

If that's the case, you can bet your bottom dollar that the DAX & Dow will be dragged up along with the S&P as it appoaches its all time highs.

Food for thought.