Dow 2007

Hi Steve

I had an old weekly line draw from the low in 2004 to the low in September this year, the continuance of that line just happens to be were the dx is hovering for now.

yep....see it now...the light was on but there was nobody home...:LOL:

"Why? so you can imply I got it wrong if Im a day out. "

A day? One week and one hundred (100) points was more like it.
No calculations needed :LOL:

If you can not understand how one can trade without pretty charts with colourful lines then you are not a trader.

That's a pretty big insult to - a whole lot - of other traders out here... I suppose that means we should all call ourselves "lucky" gamblers instead of traders :LOL: :rolleyes:

stopped out on this mornings opening spike....I wish I could figure out why Dax is sooooo resilient.......:(

Hair brain idea maybe but are any German banks exposed to the sub prime market crises?

I can't help thinking flight from US dollar and US assets to Euro and possibly German assets may help.

UK has limited exposure apparently. I think banking sector may hold a clue but not sure...

Hair brain idea maybe but are any German banks exposed to the sub prime market crises?

I can't help thinking flight from US dollar and US assets to Euro and possibly German assets may help.

UK has limited exposure apparently. I think banking sector may hold a clue but not sure...

Dax constituants financials....Commerzbank,Deutsche Bank ,DeutschePostbank,MunichRe,....not many and perhaps not overexposed to subprime,although they make a decent percentage considering there are only 30 stocks

DC

Not not sure you comment about traders not trading without "pretty Charts" etc, each to their own, I've being trading 12 years, 7 years full time and extremely happy with my system and has provided me more than the basic necessities in life.

I'm always open to looking at and undestanding other peoples system with a view to strengthening my trading system.

I am a professional trader, like some others on this board, simply because I prefer charts and you don't does not make , no enough said, were not here to throw insults, but your comments are derogitory and may well open a can of worms.

It's gettin' hot in here

Come on lads a bit of order please......:cheesy:

V. Good Call Fire ....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Oilmen here ..? We're now holding 450/60 if that holds great since who knows what news could come out late day.....

Gold looks ready for some action.....as is winds up sideways.... so big move fri/mon ..

Bit perplexed with this euro "geeza" it just won't take a rest.... sort of like rimm, goog et al ...and then !:)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Catracho - thanks for posting Old Bill's stuff .... I was too lazy this time :cheesy:

Sorry Hookshot

Just pisses me off, when a figure is mentioned without any reference to how the figure is derived, and when I ask a simple question out of interest, and eventually be told because I look at charts doesn't make be a trader........... gets my goat.

There off my chest, no more comments from me

US DATA: November preliminary U-Mich consumer sentiment 75.0 vs 80.9, plunging.
Expectations 64.7. Current conditions 91.0. 1y inflation expectations 3.4% vs 3.1% in Oct. This is lowest sentiment since October-05.

"taking some quick profits early doors looking to take a positional short 228"

DC wasn't saying that if you use charts you're not a trader. He just said that if you cant understand that there is more than one way to skin a cat then you're not a trader.

Lets forget about it. He used his own system. It doesn't use charts by the sound of it. He won't go into much detial about it and that's his choice.

It is your choice whether you chose to listen to him or not.

Lets forget about it now anyway. This is a good little thread.

Further Out

This one is probably for storage for now but.........

2002-2007 Bull market was ~ 7000pts in dow and 25%(bullish retrace) of that brings us marginally below the August lows at ~ 12450 (vs Aug lows around 12517)... which is kinda weird... and comforting at the same time ....:cheesy:

"my previous post to FW did not say all traders who use charts are not traders so please dont take it out of context, The figs I post are from my own calculations they are not meant to form any trading advice mearly show what my thoughts are I dont use charts but know that many do and successfully, when I post I try and say I will get on at X looking to get off at Y or I am in a position looking to hold until X"

Trade Closed

Wow, volatile out there, closed trade @ 13137 (+17), points in the bad, will wait for it to calm down a bit