Dow 2007

Lurker,

Look at the left and right eye of the middle bar. They have matching lows to the tick. This is an even stronger sign of support.

I took this trade based on the 30m - I almost never trade this low a TF but if you look at the daily TF you will see the lows stalled near an ascending TL, fib confluence from the last TWO major lows, plus solid daily support with multiple tests.

Closed it near EOD for +125

Not me! Some of DCs calls have been good, but I don't place orders based on figures quoted on an Internet BB.

Did anyone buy 13228 when it was first hit? Did anyone get out in 20 minutes for a profit? Who got stopped out?

I don't trade this market intra day, but I've been following TD's thread "Making Money Trading" (link in sig) and have found his setups interesting. Here is my take on a possible Dow setup.

And I'm giving in and using the "cash" price for this post since everyone else is.

Perhaps a target based on local resistance on the H1, or perhaps exit MOC if the daily did not confirm.

On your chart it says " wide stop required 120" are you kidding me ? Is this not the same lurker who berates himself when he loses 2 quid !! :LOL:

On your chart it says " wide stop required 120" are you kidding me ? Is this not the same lurker who berates himself when he loses 2 quid !! :LOL:

I'm afraid it is. I didn't take that trade as I felt the stop was far too wide. I do still berate myself for losing a few quid! I've had a good week so far though.

I think we look good to test 13415 to 13450 based on the Dow cash chart to the upside. Paste & cut to see the chart.

http://quote.prophet.net//applets/javachart/printGif.jsp?id=http://PRUDENCE.prophet.net/TemporaryFiles/JavaCharts/60.1194568387139.print.gif&scope=common&host=www.prophet.net&symbol=$INDU&duration=3m&frequency=d

I think we look good to test 13415 to 13450 based on the Dow cash chart to the upside. Paste & cut to see the chart.
No time to trade for me this afternoon, but I think a re-test of the lows is more likely. Or possibly more.

"doing some calcs while you all have your beauty sleep after today there are two targets in play the 13583 which would be ok from here but better from 12505 which was opened after todays action"

"doing some calcs while you all have your beauty sleep after today there are two targets in play the 13583 which would be ok from here but better from 12505 which was opened after todays action"

might be interesting to have a timeframe attached to that :|

No time to trade for me this afternoon, but I think a re-test of the lows is more likely. Or possibly more.

gunning for those lows as we speak :cheesy:

PS: Nasdaq could be a buy at 2075-2085 (futures) but watch out, might marginally break yesterday's lows first

Dax, maybe, I have a line drawn from the lows of August 04, to today, passing through tops and bottoms, DAX sitting on this line at min, so could look at this as the Support, just a thought

Dax, maybe, I have a line drawn from the lows of August 04, to today, passing through tops and bottoms, DAX sitting on this line at min, so could look at this as the Support, just a thought

cheers m8...to be honest cant see that trendline..

Hi Steve

I had an old weekly line draw from the low in 2004 to the low in September this year, the continuance of that line just happens to be were the dx is hovering for now.

I know it's a DOW thread but....

As we have been talking about the dax...

chart

Attachments

• Dax weekly.png
    Dax weekly.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 132
might be interesting to have a timeframe attached to that
"Why? so you can imply I got it wrong if Im a day out. If you can not understand how one can trade without pretty charts with colourful lines then you are not a trader.
Monday 8:25 to 8:37 pm BST. As there has been some talk on the Dax the Dec futures need to make another lo, whether we make the 7669 cash price target is another thing"