Dow 2007

I am tired of them all, my gardenerless friend. :)

In this case a simple line distils detail where bars/candles would overwhelm with it. The Composite is going up and looks competent in the league tables but its feckless components are sleeping behind the bike sheds when teacher isn't looking. I might call it deferred failure, in dishonour of the idiot who invented deferred success, though strictly that is illogical.

The blots (vertical bars really) used to be lines like their friends, then they started vying for increased visibility. I don't like their attitude much, especially the ones that look like hungry wolves. Wolves? I should probably lay off the Kospi. The colour scheme, however, is delightful.

Last edited:
nice doward trend line hours to base of hours open range, last hour will be interesting;)

Hi guys,

Better day today than yesterday's losses. I have it rising on my one hour charts if this makes another higher high it may well take out 14000. Amazing stuff. Surreal watching these moves.

Other side of the coin is breaking down from 13880 levels in which case I believe it will tank.

50/50 at the moment. Looks like it might be catching second wind. :)

Good trading everyone.

Hi guys,

Better day today than yesterday's losses. I have it rising on my one hour charts if this makes another higher high it may well take out 14000. Amazing stuff. Surreal watching these moves.

Other side of the coin is breaking down from 13880 levels in which case I believe it will tank.

50/50 at the moment. Looks like it might be catching second wind. :)

Good trading everyone.

I like the sound of that word Tank, if the Dow keeps to its usual script itll keep us all waitin :eek:

probably till it gets to 16000

Hi Dinos,
was you asking me ? :rolleyes: I've not been around lately as my young daughter has been ill....
Hope your well m8....

I'm speaking for the whole group when I say: Get well soon Steve's daughter!

I was short before the data . but had to bail .. just in case .. Anyone hold a position through the data? I have in the past but it's just luck if it turns out well - my stochs did say sell before the data .. (sell the ftse that is)

I was short before the data . but had to bail .. just in case .. Anyone hold a position through the data? I have in the past but it's just luck if it turns out well - my stochs did say sell before the data .. (sell the ftse that is)

damn look at that slide ... another trade that got away

thanks m8,
she had an operation for a brain tumour 2 weeks back...thankfully she is making a good recovery...certainly puts life and the markets in perspective...you cannot buy your health...thanks again

Steve

Ever so sorry to hear about your daughther, my thoughts are with you, as you say, when these traumas come along, you view life differently and rightly so.

Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery

All the best

thanks for the kind words of support guys...it's very much appreciated...been a difficult few weeks but now over the worst...

Thankyou,
Steve

Hi Robert,

Just saw your post, not sure if it was aimed at me but I am OK, just not watching the board closely at the moment as I'm currently flat and busy with other things. As I mentioned before in my PM I am now trading with real cash mainly based on the indicators as provided by MarketVolume, backed up by other indicators on my prorealtime charts.

For anyone else interested I'm sticking to the K.I.S.S. principal, - being a rookie and not being able to constantly monitor the charts minute by minute I'm trying to settle on a swing-trade system that is not EOD based as they lag too much in the short term. So far the MarketVol method has worked fine for me, all trades have been profitable using a series of targets and stops, moved manually as I'm using SB via Capital Spreads. Currently I am out of the last short (thankfully) and awaiting another firm signal.

I will attempt to post some charts later if anyone is interested and if I can work out how it's done!

2468steve - I hope your daughter makes as speedy a recovery as possible. I have three smallish ones myself so can start to imagine how you must feel.

Steve

p.s. I do not work for MarketVol or have any affiliation with them, if their charts start to fail me I will point it out pretty quickly!

Hi Steve

Very quite here, you okay?

Hello everyone,

Here is the start of another week and pondering what comes next... :rolleyes:

Looking at my daily charts, I think the DOW is due for a turn down this week. Surprise surprise... :LOL:

But my TA dailies are telling me so. The trusted standard error channels have peaked and since June/July have been heading sideways - slightly down. Although long term the trend may be considered up in the near future I think they will drop to 13500 again to test stregnth of this rally. MACD looks like it agrees with this move down along with Stochastics showing over bought areas.

I'm 51/49 short biased for next week. Will trade on the short side.

If it makes a higher high and breaches 14025 I'll change my sentiment.

Good trading y'all... :)

Attachments

• US30 Cash070930.png
    US30 Cash070930.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 135
Excellent though this thread is I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a separate Dow End of Day thread as well ? ie a more long term thread complimenting the present thread. which is mainly intraday.
Different time scales but similiar ??

I don't post often yet but as I am looking at swing trading over a timescale normally of several days this would be of interest to me.

Steve

Excellent though this thread is I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a separate Dow End of Day thread as well ? ie a more long term thread complimenting the present thread. which is mainly intraday.
Different time scales but similiar ??