Dow 2007

Oh well, 4 hour charts kicks 1 hour and dailies into touch... :cheesy:

Hey what goes up has to come back down. It ain't over till the fat lady sings...

Gosh... Fat lady busting gut...

Sat on weeks High havin a good laugh me thinks, going for a big push up with all news out mmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: :confused: just have to wait and see

stop out -30 Dec:(

So just to get all this in perspective from my last offering a few weeks ago....Dow cash high today within 120 points of all time high in mid July...or if you prefer..... some 1400 points higher than the last major swing low 12,500

So who now thinks the high was in for the year @ 14,020 ?

Who thinks fundamentals and news are pretty much proven to be cobblers and everything you need is in the chart ?

Who thinks that markets are truly irrational given the bad on bad news over the last weeks ?

Who thinks we have seen the last big push up that would give us the correct shape to the end of the bull ...and possible start of the bear ?

I don't post on badness you know....hopefully it makes people think...and if it does'nt...well errrr ..

cv

So just to get all this in perspective from my last offering a few weeks ago....Dow cash high today within 120 points of all time high in mid July...or if you prefer..... some 1400 points higher than the last major swing low 12,500

So who now thinks the high was in for the year @ 14,020 ?

Who thinks fundamentals and news are pretty much proven to be cobblers and everything you need is in the chart ? I don't. Depends on your time frame.

Who thinks that markets are truly irrational given the bad on bad news over the last weeks ? I do. Herd mentality. Feature of the markets.

Who thinks we have seen the last big push up that would give us the correct shape to the end of the bull ...and possible start of the bear ?

I don't post on badness you know....hopefully it makes people think...and if it does'nt...well errrr ..

cv

Nothing is conclusive imo.

If the upside momentum dies at the open, and we don't break above 14010 (14030), we could see a gap fill down at 13960 and an inside day. Otherwise, I'll buy a pullback to 14000 (13990) with a target of half off at 14030.

lurkerlurker;359881[B said:
]If the upside momentum dies at the open, and we don't break above 14010 (14030), we could see a gap fill down at 13960 [/B]

Closed for +35. I didn't have the guts to hold that below 70, but it was a nice trade nonetheless.

Damn. Gap was just filled to the pip. Bearish trending day, or reversal? I could have had +45 there had I been more patient. Never mind , +35 is fine too.

Ton, you got your 35, trade finished, over, never mind what it went to, what would you have said if you held and it went to other way. Treat an exit as a closure to that trade completely, money in the pot and move on to the next trade, well done though.

Ton, you got your 35, trade finished, over, never mind what it went to, what would you have said if you held and it went to other way. Treat an exit as a closure to that trade completely, money in the pot and move on to the next trade, well done though.

Thanks. Just thought I'd give myself the requisite ribbing for not trading the plan, that is all. Cheers though!

We all do it from time to time

Cheers. Morning session coming to an end now. I'm keeping my 35 pips thank you very much! A very difficult day to trade indeed - while I appreciate the volatility, some of these moves are a little too erratic. I don't think I will be trading tomorrow. So far I am up 24 pips on the week, so I might just keep those to lock my 11th profitable week and save myself some effort and stress. Not a great result, but I have only traded for a few hours for a few days when I had the time - I don't have the time to sit in front of the screen all day every day now.

"Don't have the time now" you said,are you moving away from trading or just limiting yourself to the markets?

The Naz 100 may be making a new high but the Comp looks weary as it approaches a daily dbl top. Not an invitation to short but a warning as these divergences usually precede sharp pullbacks. Perhaps one will occur towards the close today, or tomorrow, dragging down her sisters down with it. If we close on or above the highs I will probably short NQ.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    506.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited: