Dow 2007

one way or the other plus likely to pick up again for the afternoon session, shame i have to go and play football:(

Typical isn't it. I'm thinking if we go above 13666 it will go all the way. 666 nice number eh? Wonder if like the sticky bear pooh it's just another omen.

Exited trade for -15 loss. @647. Cash. Makes running total of -35.

Scratching my head thinking I had such good vibes and feelings for the direction and still end up losing. This isn't the first either.

Strangely, I'm on a high today. I have tons of reading to do, exams and interviews to prepare for. I'm literaly getting the market moves 100% right, losing money and picking up good high feelings all at the same time. What a bizarre concoction of emotions.

I'll take a break now and setup a disaster scenario using Thomas the Tank Engine and see what gems I come back with. Have fun guys.

Last edited:
Entry Timing

Lurker, you posted you went long at 685, the high of the day so far being 688, at the point you entered a long position, my charts were changing negative, what settings, indicators led you to take this position if you don't mind me asking?

well, according to my chart, the cash still got about 90 to go to target. wonder if it can do it

but then again, wonder if my chart tells price where to go :rolleyes:

well, that got to target.

my chart still has a last target at 700. (cash)

i am trying to assess the best timeframe for this market, still not getting to grips with it in terms of ideal stops, but looks nice for swinging it.

i love pitchforks

j

Attachments

• dow pitch.gif
    dow pitch.gif
    18 KB · Views: 122
  • dow pitch 2  and higher low.gif
    dow pitch 2 and higher low.gif
    19 KB · Views: 130
Know exactly what you mean FW, got my lad a Wii today, so looking forward to an entertaining evening, will call back later myself.

Anyone see C4 news...the Americans are developing a hormone bomb which turns enemy soldiers gay and makes them more interested in sex than fighting.....only in America eh.....:LOL: :LOL:

ok not quite the sensible move with overhead resistance in sight ... -10:rolleyes:

Yep out for another -20. -27.

Over whelming force. Shock and awe indeed.

looks ominous for shorts though....up,up and away in beautiful bulloon.....looks like I missed todays train aswell :LOL:

Exited trade for -15 loss. @647. Cash. Makes running total of -35.

I'll add my -40 to that, and just say it was a crappy day. I see support at 760 was never convincingly broken before 13800 was hit. I'm annoyed at taking -10 and then-7 on premature exits. A pretty bad day; I'm looking forward to a lazy weekend (although I'll be doing some backtesting).

Hope you've all had a good week, if not a good day. I'm out -115.

Anyone see C4 news...the Americans are developing a hormone bomb which turns enemy soldiers gay and makes them more interested in sex than fighting.....only in America eh.....:LOL: :LOL:

A Berkeley watchdog organization that tracks military spending said it uncovered a strange U.S. military proposal to create a hormone bomb that could purportedly turn enemy soldiers into homosexuals and make them more interested in sex than fighting.

Pentagon officials on Friday confirmed to CBS 5 that military leaders had considered, and then subsequently rejected, building the so-called "Gay Bomb." [...]

"The Ohio Air Force lab proposed that a bomb be developed that contained a chemical that would cause enemy soldiers to become gay, and to have their units break down because all their soldiers became irresistibly attractive to one another," Hammond said after reviewing the documents.
- (source)

Pretty funny though.

Wii absolutely fantastic, hours of fun to come tonight!

Just the 2 trades for me +50 & +20

Looking to take a small speculative short over the weekend

Hope you have all had a good week and have a great weekend.

total of -3 for me today....have a good weekend also Dinos...looking to join you on that short for next week....will probably wait pre-open Mon and try for a 2/3 day move down...All the best m8

Short 80, target 60, stop 90. (paper trade). Tick div.

Hi LL, last man standing eh? Just got back to my console to see not much has happened. Here is my latest 4 hour charts.

H&S text book theory states take the maximum head height to the neck-line and this will give the extension of any break out. Here it is in purple. Got rid of the blue first tartget.

This is now exhausted and we are either looking at a break out to 700 or a reversal again. MACD and Stochastics show exhaustion too.

However, when a trend is embedded these oscillator indicators are not much good. ADX is above 30 so a trend is in place and by no means this is the top so in my view if we don't get to 700 today we're likely to give it a good roll over next week.

Absolutely amazing the DOW.

There is a second possibility I've just started doodling with - but I wouldn't bank on this one as it is a "long shot" as they say in the movies. That we are seeing the formation of a larger messy H&S reversal at the top as in chart 2. I'll start watching this and see how it unfolds.

So my choice is with option 1 - Bears have got sticky furrs and

Option 2 - we find a soft and fluffy white rabbit soon.

Attachments

• US30 Cash.png
    US30 Cash.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 131
  • US30 Cash2.png
    US30 Cash2.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 117

Cheers Dinos. My paper trade just came within 1 point of target, but I'm holding it. Have a good weekend, and be careful with EOW shorts in a bull exhaustion phase.

Good trading all, and have a relaxing weekend.

Hi LL, last man standing eh? Just got back to my console to see not much has happened. Here is my latest 4 hour charts.

H&S text book theory states take the maximum head height to the neck-line and this will give the extension of any break out. Here it is in purple. Got rid of the blue first tartget.

This is now exhausted and we are either looking at a break out to 700 or a reversal again. MACD and Stochastics show exhaustion too.

However, when a trend is embedded these oscillator indicators are not much good. ADX is above 30 so a trend is in place and by no means this is the top so in my view if we don't get to 700 today we're likely to give it a good roll over next week.

Absolutely amazing the DOW.

There is a second possibility I've just started doodling with - but I wouldn't bank on this one as it is a "long shot" as they say in the movies. That we are seeing the formation of a larger messy H&S reversal at the top as in chart 2. I'll start watching this and see how it unfolds.

So my choice is with option 1 - Bears have got sticky furrs and

Option 2 - we find a soft and fluffy white rabbit soon.

That was my first paper trade for the day, and first trade since 3pm. Slow market. I did see an opportunity there though. I hope I have a better week next week. Monday started off so well....