Dow 2007

yes good short, I stopped & reversed at 45

Thanks FW, it does appear that some weakness is showing, but one can't be sure. I have a stop in at 59 just in case.

Obviously needs to break 600 for it to start tanking. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Trin at the highest point for a few days,, VIX rising, ma & ema indicators running below target ema21 target line on 5 min charts. MA 39 trend line still downwards, holding onto overnight short for now.

To pass the time

Michael Barrymore was asked if he will be doing panto again this year. he said he doesn't think so as he did a "Alladin" four years ago and hasn't heard the last of it!!

Thanks FW, it does appear that some weakness is showing, but one can't be sure. I have a stop in at 59 just in case.

well it just missed my target for a 20 points profit
now I got stopped out instead :rolleyes:

I kwnow I shouldn't, but I moved stop to 79, on the basis that 59 was a bit too close for comfort. Sure enough it touched. Any thoughts on the stategy? Always a problem setting stops too tight!

Problem is I am now 'running' a bigger loss of course.

Sorry that should read 'strategy'

Last edited:
Moscow most expensive city in the world. Cup of coffee $8.
London next.
I feel a long coming on

I kwnow I shouldn't, but I moved stop to 79, on the basis that 59 was a bit too close for comfort. Sure enough it touched. Any thoughts on the stategy? Always a problem setting stops too tight!

Problem is I am now 'running' a bigger loss of course.

Sorry that should read 'strategy'

This is always, always my biggest problem, i.e. knowing where, or how tight to set stops, especially on a forward contract which offers the 'choice' of staying in? I never like to take loss and then see it come back almost immediately into profit, but then this can obviously result in the loss being much bigger, when the stop is moved away. Any thoughts guys, am I totally wrong in doing this? Or do you fellow traders also do the same 'sometimes'?

Actually, the truth is, I can answer my own question here, my biggest problem is not taking a profit when it is on the table! Could have taken a good profit on this trade earlier.

Last edited:
Hi tricks, I don't like to take losses, nobody does. I have variable s/l depending on volatility of the market as I see it and depending what I hope to achieve, from 10 to 25.

Persoanlly, i think its best to have a standard s/l, apply it rigidly, you know when you place the trade how much you could lose.

Probablt doing nothing major wrong, maybe just need time to reflect on how you do things

Another short added at 31 Cash

Hi Robert,

Given my post above #3815, are you still short, and if so, how tight do you ordinarily set stops? Or is it 'arbitrary' depending on the volatility of the market?
cheers - Tricks

Thanks for that, sorry but I was typing my question as you posted.

cheers

Hi Tricks, still short x 2, at 652 from overnight short and 631 earlier, the firsrt has locked in 20 pts, (my daily target), the second a 10 point stop, usually play it by ear on market volatility and range of price movements

Hi Tricks, still short x 2, at 652 from overnight short and 631 earlier, the firsrt has locked in 20 pts, (my daily target), the second a 10 point stop, usually play it by ear on market volatility and range of price movements

Are you using SB firm? If so I presume that you have been taken out on the second short.