Dow 2007

Yes to SB, no both positions still open

That's interesting because IG's quote has already pulled back to 42, which with a stop of 10 would have closed the trade. Has your SB quoted lower in that same time frame?

All out +20 first trade and + 7 second trade, things to do, back later, good luck

According to Bloomers - the best of the merchant banks to perform was Credit Suisse at 3.6% above S&P ! Not really all that impressive to my mind. Only 7 out of the top 10 did better than the S&P.???

All I want is to get into profit again, set the stop at BE and get away from staring at this blinking screen! :rolleyes:

scrap that! just exited at -5
misread the market, must be Monday blues?! :confused:

Hi chaps,

I'm short from Friday. Showing +22 up at the mo.

The 4 hour charts is a strong sell to me.

I'll be switching to week/day trading from now on rather than the intra-day stuff so will look at the longer time frame charts.

I have it dropping to 13580 (Cash) levels very soon.

Good luck everyone.

scrap that! just exited at -5
misread the market, must be Monday blues?! :confused:

You certainly don't run losses FW, you are also probably most right not to do so. I have just moved my stop to 839! Perhaps, I'm totally wrong, but I still think we are due a substantial pullback. And that is where I have most likely got it wrong - again! :eek:

Hi chaps,

I'll be switching to week/day trading from now on rather than the intra-day stuff so will look at the longer time frame charts.

Good luck everyone.

I most sincerely hope you're right Atilla :LOL:

Hi chaps,

Good luck everyone.

I most sincerely hope you're right Atilla. The Stochs on the 4hr look promising, turning over the target line and coming down from above 90. MACD is also close to turning over, and coming off overbought on RSI. Is that what you're looking at too? :)

By the way, good call Friday, I'm down 20 points as I post :cry:

Hi chaps,

Good luck everyone.

I most sincerely hope you're right Atilla. The Stochs on the 4hr look promising, turning over the target line and coming down from above 90. MACD is also close to turning over, and coming off overbought on RSI. Is that what you're looking at too? :)

P.S. How wide is your stop? If you don't mind me asking :eek:

Anyone else short? I am short from 28 on the cash........come on Atilla ! Whens it going to break ? :cheesy:

Good call FW, what's you're target, if you don't mind me asking? Or is that a quick scalp you're after?

It's certainly very 'indecisive' at the moment.

20 points is the target for scaling out some... but this market sure doesn't feel like going in one and the same direction for a long time :confused: moved my stop to breakeven just in case. After my first target gets hit I'll leave this open till the close

P.S. How wide is your stop? If you don't mind me asking :eek:

Thanks guys, I went in near the close on Friday @ 13650.

Today, I was looking at the 4 hour charts yes wrt MACD and Stochastics. Dailies don't look good but I reckon it's we are going to have a lower high (Just a hunch).

Bit of a roller coaster today - but in all honesty - recently I had good directions on cable and the DOW and failed to maximise my profits from them. Very upset with my self:devilish: . My confidence has been boosted and I've decided to concentrate less on intraday and more on weekly / daily end of day charts.

On the charts I'm looking at a double top on the hourlies and given the 4 hour charts felt strongly about some retrace back to 580. Here is the 1 hour charts for the reason.

I've decided to change my approach to stops. End of day trading means wider stops. On this occasion I'm prepared to sti this out to 13670. However, for intraday purposes I'd put one at 13650 (cash).

Finally, I have a new contract starting on - Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery. Interesting challenge as backups look to be in a pretty bad state. Anyway, I will not be able to participate in all these interesting blogs and market moves. Hence the weekly / daily trades.

Attachments

• US30 Cash.png
    US30 Cash.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 119
evening all,

still lurking and actually not even paper trading, but still learning this market. rather interesting trying to transfer skills from FX to Indices.

actually, i am doubting of what i see in my chart. can be a doubler top, yet, got a bull flag, so kind of confusing. i would imagine the bias for the break is north but only time will tell,

good trading

j

Attachments

• bull flag or double top.gif
    bull flag or double top.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 119