Dow 2006

Racer said:
If you bears wanted a market to short you should have been watching the Nikkei!

They are not BEARS but traders with bearish views. The belief that 200 points off the current levels is a correction or market fall is not the kind of number a bear would chase. As Ira Harris famously puts it ......."The price is the price." Bears are either sitting on the sidelines or shorting individual shares as an when it is appropriate (in their view). Why pick a fight that one has no chance or only a slim one of winning? And Slim has just left the markets.

LION63 said:
They are not BEARS but traders with bearish views. The belief that 200 points off the current levels is a correction or market fall is not the kind of number a bear would chase. As Ira Harris famously puts it ......."The price is the price." Bears are either sitting on the sidelines or shorting individual shares as an when it is appropriate (in their view). Why pick a fight that one has no chance or only a slim one of winning? And Slim has just left the markets.

I agree, I am mostly a scalper with bearish tendencies, trying to sell tops and buy bottoms, I am very good at the former and very lousy at the latter. At the moment I got caught out with a naked short by a spike and I've been trying to get out at break even by adding at new tops and scalping in between. It is also true that I was convinced that a correction should happen soon, I still am, but I am also prepared to close my shorts if the market carries on like this, I do have a hard stop loss in the market, but is still a way up and I will try to get out before it gets anywhere near.

Last edited:
LOL - spike up started at 1.30pm today instead of 12.00pm/2.15pm as on previous days. Trying to vary the timing can't obscure the cynical manipulation that is going on here.

Still watching from the sidelines - waiting for the balloon to burst !

leovirgo said:
Well done FC!! I was stopped out for 35 pts.

Just checked my hourly charts and decided to half my short position on the spx. It's now 1403 and at 1405 I'm out.

Also went long on Oil which is probably why markets getting a boost. It's a v.short term trade though. May close position by end of evening.

Also short on gold. All on the hourly charts. It's been a bad day for me. :eek:

Atilla said:
Just checked my hourly charts and decided to half my short position on the spx. It's now 1403 and at 1405 I'm out.

Also went long on Oil which is probably why markets getting a boost. It's a v.short term trade though. May close position by end of evening.

Also short on gold. All on the hourly charts. It's been a bad day for me. :eek:
Brave trade on crude since it has clearly broken through support at $57.60 this afternoon. Good luck !

If it carries on like this next week I will be cleaned out for the third time in six years. I suppose some lessons are really hard to learn.

looks like the deflationary camp in charge of commodities at mo...with latest cpi and ppi figs from US.. crude, gold, silver all trading lower...good news for the Chinese !

SPX has just done its measured move at 1404 so i wonder if that will slow things a little :?:

two little scalps on both spd and dow, recouped some of the losses, still short, still waiting for a miracle.

Blooming MSFT, went nowhere for a week, it was its turn today to prop the dow, so it went from 28.97 this morning to29.53 as I type, nearly 2% in one day, and there is another hour of trading

Whilst the dow added some 15% since June, MSFT is up nearly 39%, when the turn will come (if ever) MSFT will be my favourite short

Last edited:
kriesau said:
Brave trade on crude since it has clearly broken through support at $57.60 this afternoon. Good luck !

Hi Kriesau,

You were right. I thought it may get support and bounce. Especially after the shortfall of gas and oil reserves announced yesterday.

If it drops below $56 I'll close my position.

Vix today even lower than yesterday, the low for today 10.05, looking on a table for VIX values since February 2004 that's the lowest, that shows just how extreme it has got, but I have a feeling that it can get even extreemer

mark twain uk said:
Vix today even lower than yesterday, the low for today 10.05, looking on a table for VIX values since February 2004 that's the lowest, that shows just how extreme it has got, but I have a feeling that it can get even extreemer
There are more buyers than sellers for YM in market depth! I wonder where their target is!!!

kriesau said:
Short NDX @ 1809

I've got my obsession with dow and spx, you seem to target ndx, one day will get lucky, the question is will it be worthy? Are we going to get back as much as we lost? Maybe, maybe not.