Dow 2006

Pat494 said:
Stranger and stranger

Pat

IG are offering a market in all the major indices now through the online platform.

There was no online dealing yesterday due to maintenance from 10.00am. I think it was down for about 40 minutes.

Regards

Hi guys ... just having a quick look at things ... I use Deal4Free (CMC) spreadbet ... all seems OK with them at present (2:18pm), and I have placed orders just now on the DOW.

Best to have at least two accounts for situations like this.

Cheers,
Martin

Thanks to the above
One phone call later to Finspreads - apparently there is a price data feed problem which should be fixed by the opening aaaaaaaaah that's better.

what worries me is that this sell-off is almost too predictable....

getting slightly worried about my short even though its in positive territory...

hmmm..

FC,

yesterday I was looking at the UKMining price, at 13,200 it hit a clear resistance, and I thought, neh, it looks too obvious, now is 12,700, so I missed on the quickest 700 points of my career, so sometimes obvious things do happen. We'll just have to watch the action and make our own minds.

are you looking for a big fall or just a fall to a long entry level FC

nah DC.. im just looking for a fall by early monday....

10,750 would do me though..

the old weekly range kicking in ;)

In a perfect world this would be nice.....could do with a bit of alternation

If 10925 goes then bets are off ( short term) for the 11035 area :(

Attachments

• indu 5.jpg
    indu 5.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Guess someone is buying, not much selling pressure over the last 3 hours. I wonder if we will get that 35 point dump, that we got yesterday, around 7.00 - 7.30?

Nice day for hammers off 950 cash, P&V action, channels, waves, gaps and TICK-offs. :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 206
Closing below 11010 will make a perfect inside bar in daily chart and it'll be good for my shorts !! :D

Thanks Rustic (see PM re volume). Today was my ideal sort of day, orderly and technically obedient.

A breadth heads up yesterday from up stocks minus down stocks and Trinny that the rally was losing steam, at least temporarily.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 224
Yes, although we had AA as a drag, we never really gained much momentum on the downside. That said, we didn't really get much momentum on the upside. I guess a few people might have been caught out, by the post lunchtime sell off, which, ultimately reveresed itself in the last 45 minutes.

I think losing steam, is about the best way to describe it. Volume was well under the 1.9bn that we saw last week. Maybe we might have to wait until after Martin Luther King day to get a big move.

Not so hard to take a few points yesterday, once the opening foray had settled, pretty much always going to be another test up at 11000. Turned out to be a carbon copy of Monday, give or take 10 mins.

Can't help feeling it's a bit cold for shorts.

i wish it would just get on with it and drop.

you may be interested in that the futures look like setting up an Oops trade... (gaps open above/below prior high/low, and then reverses to that high/low..

so if it opens above 11,013 and then reverses down to that level, then a fairly reliable short is on the cards..

FC

help!

Dow jumped agian this morning hitting new highs at 11027,still short after getting caught out yesterday any thoughts on the drop we were expecting yesterday, if this baby keeps moving up, I'm in trouble. I shall have to learn not to keep guessing where the top is - sold at 10970! its worked fantastic for me over the last 2 weeks, where is the dow heading today? any thoughts would be much appreciated. :idea: