Dow 2006

I too think that a trap above 11000 is a distinct possibility, people are plowing new money like it's 2000 again

FetteredChinos said:
and there we go... out of long at 10964 for +181..FC

Very Nice FC.....

Are you expecting this thing to fall off a cliff with your Risk reward ratio based on a 500 point stop???

Just a doodle on 11035 area....

Attachments

• INDU T&P.jpg
    INDU T&P.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 306
dunno DC, i had 11,400 has a target from ages ago, but i feel that that isnt going to happen until April...

is the 11035 a monthly target then?

as for my wide stops, i prefer to use them to give the seasonal tendencies time to manouevre...

time and time again i have been stopped out unnecessarily only to see the market come back to my entry price... hence the extra large stops i am now using...

not to everyone's taste though!

fc

AA down 1.6% on earnings that fall short of estimates.

What a surprise, they estimated it wrongly ... oh dear.... :rolleyes:

SAN FRANCISCO (XFN-ASIA)-- Aluminum producer
Alcoa Inc. reported late Monday fourth-quarter net earnings of 26 cents a share,
down from 30 cents a share a year ago. Revenue for the three months ended Dec.
31 totaled $6.67 billion, up from $5.98 billion a year earlier. Analysts polled
by Thomson First Call had expected the Pittsburgh-based company to hand in
earnings of 37 cents a share on $6.69 billion in revenue.

make that a bit lower now...

Last edited:
Racer said:
AA down 1.6% on earnings that fall short of estimates.

What a surprise, they estimated it wrongly ... oh dear.... :rolleyes:

SAN FRANCISCO (XFN-ASIA)-- Aluminum producer
Alcoa Inc. reported late Monday fourth-quarter net earnings of 26 cents a share,
down from 30 cents a share a year ago. Revenue for the three months ended Dec.
31 totaled $6.67 billion, up from $5.98 billion a year earlier. Analysts polled
by Thomson First Call had expected the Pittsburgh-based company to hand in
earnings of 37 cents a share on $6.69 billion in revenue.

make that a bit lower now...
Hmmm....what effect will that have on the markets tomorrow !
No other Dow components reporting this week but we have November wholesale inventories and ABC Consumer Confidence tomorrow and November trade deficit on Thursday (which could be horrendous).

kriesau said:
Hmmm....what effect will that have on the markets tomorrow !
No other Dow components reporting this week but we have November wholesale inventories and ABC Consumer Confidence tomorrow and November trade deficit on Thursday (which could be horrendous).

the more bad news the better.. then they can have the excuse (or not depends on what they really want) that interest rates will go down or stay the same or not go up much or other reason (insert here ) that you want to give for it to go up or down

AA

"Entering 2005, we anticipated significant pressures from rising input, energy
costs and other cost inflation, but actual increases were even higher, nearly
$900 million for the year," Alain Belda, Alcoa's chairman and chief executive,
said in a statement.

and down we go.... back to b/e on my short :)

remember chaps, the 2nd week of the month is usually the weakest of the 4 or 5....with the 3rd generally being level pegging...

FTSE taking a solid dive today too. will it be a sign of things to come over the pond?

FC

Racer said:
NIK down 303
Retraced last 5 day gains but it's still up over 35% since the begining of August ! Do you see the uptrend continuing or do you think that we are in for some sideways consolidation ?

I don't follow it enough to make a comment apart from the p/e is over 20 I gather?

I see that Finspreads has a "no markets currently available" i.e. they do not seem to be taking bets on the Dow or S&P this morning !!
Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this phenomonen ? Surely I can't be winning too often.
Yesterday the whole secure portion of Finspreads had supposedly crashed and again no bets.
I think sometimes they do this when a big move is anticipated on a news item.
Are the others in business ??

Pat494 said:
I see that Finspreads has a "no markets currently available" i.e. they do not seem to be taking bets on the Dow or S&P this morning !!
Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this phenomonen ? Surely I can't be winning too often.
Yesterday the whole secure portion of Finspreads had supposedly crashed and again no bets.
I think sometimes they do this when a big move is anticipated on a news item.
Are the others in business ??

I'm getting exactly the same Pat, can't be down to winning positions as I'm not in any at the mo :eek:

Slapshot said:
I'm getting exactly the same Pat, can't be down to winning positions as I'm not in any at the mo :eek:

Thanks for the prompt reply Slapshot. I see now Finspreads has a "This page is currently unavailable" marker.
Perhaps it is a hacking problem ? I understand the SB companies get loads of those sort.
Perhaps someone with an SB account in another company will post if it is a problem with them too ???
Almost grounds for divorce if it is just Finspreads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:devilish:

I was not able to deal online with IG Index this morning either ... an internal computer problem they told me

thomasdevos said:
I was not able to deal online with IG Index this morning either ... an internal computer problem they told me

Stranger and stranger