Dow 2006

not til monday open guys... thats the time to go short.. ;)

im still long from 10783 from just after xmas...been slow going, but we are getting there...

No Rustic I took it at 930 and the S&P at 80.6

Stops are now slightly above entry if stopped out I will wait and Join FC Monday

to those asking about target

Anything less than 200 points is a waste

come on, lets see 11k tonight.. then pop and drop on monday's open.

that will do me very nicely indeed...

FC

FetteredChinos said:
come on, lets see 11k tonight.. then pop and drop on monday's open.

that will do me very nicely indeed...

FC
if we see 11000 tonight i'll be snapping it up like a starving lion, i can see the market falling throughout the weekend and a much lower open monday. hopefully it will be soon too,im meeting charles kennedy for a beer at 9 oclock :LOL:

FetteredChinos said:
not til monday open guys... thats the time to go short.. ;)

Why Monday???

From date: Thursday, 13 October 2005

Added 89 days

Resulting date: Tuesday, 10 January 2006

Or am I missing something???

lol hadnt thought of it like that... nice idea though ;)

actually, my trade is based on the old secret chinos 24/6 trading system..

it is due to exit on today's close normally, but i am going to override it, as mondays usually open above the friday close..

just trying to squeeze all i can out of this bad boi...

I should have continued with my 10977 call in the DOW contest I used throughout December. I figured it would take at least 2 weeks to get there from the December low. Two complete 360 degree cycles from the 10156 low is 10978.

Hi FC

Still trading using weekly Genesis I was looking for a positional trade before my Jollies but I will just have to wait an extra day

The spx has just completed a broadening top pattern on my EOD charts at 1285.

This is commonly recognised as a bearish pattern,I mention this because other traders seem to think the spx is due for a fall.

Fluke said:
The spx has just completed a broadening top pattern on my EOD charts at 1285.

This is commonly recognised as a bearish pattern,I mention this because other traders seem to think the spx is due for a fall.

With SPX 1272-1275 captured convincingly, a run to 1305-1310 is the next level of price interest. The SPX bottom at 1168 was a 90 degree move up from the 1136 bottom. SPX 1272 was a 360 degree move from 1136 and a 270 degree move from 1168. An additional 90 degrees will go to around 1310. The October 2002 bottom of 768 also squares out with 1275 with 4 complete 360 degree cycles. Since this is wave 5 off the 1168 bottom, I think the market will correct a bit at around 1310 or possibly 90 degrees more up at SPX 1345.

What? No 50 point jump in overnight futures? The late night shift will get the sack!

and there we go... out of long at 10964 for +181..

reverse and now short from 10,964... aiming to close on about the 20th Jan...

FC

FC,

well done with your long, now about your short, where would you re-consider your position and what action would you take?

my stop is at 11,500 (yes, i know).....

i will only reconsider my position if we break 11,000 in style... i still favour a trap above it..

though over 10 trading days, it would be giving it some to get there...

FC