Dow 2006

Hook Shot said:
But if the wave is as big as we hope then one day late won't make any difference

Patience I'm afraid

HS

If the wave is as big as we hope, than one day could mean 500 points difference

mark twain uk said:
If the wave is as big as we hope, than one day could mean 500 points difference

Good shout Mark - I thought we'd given up on the big big days .......Your'e spot on!
But you know I meant it will go on for days and weeks rather than one day whallop... at least you do now!

HS

Hook Shot said:
Good shout Mark - I thought we'd given up on the big big days .......Your'e spot on!
But you know I meant it will go on for days and weeks rather than one day whallop... at least you do now!

HS

Prices just well kewl... back in the profit zone again.

Bloomberg TV was talking about thanks giving day will be a big sell off. That's 25th of November. However, as expectation theory goes that's brokers pencilling that in will sell ahead. Hence BIG sell off likely to be... THIS WEEK.

I would agree that a day or two isn't going to make much of a difference ONLY if you have a trading / money management system where you are not risking any more than 3 - 5% of your capital. You can sustain a hit and not feel too alarmed. BUT I would guess to those who risk more, hanging about whilst liquidity is drained is a butt clenching experience.

Atilla I think this is more a question of trading styles - maybe.
My comment relates to my style about making most of my money from the size of the move/swing rather than the size of my position. You can guess that with teeny moves on the downside at least it has not been easy for me to make decent money shorting indices - well done the bulls!

No my comment was a bit too literal........ but I think you get my gist.........my mistake.

Historic one day falls (excluding 1987 and 911)

1998 - Dow down 512
1997 - Dow down 550
2000 - Dow down 618

As for big move down this week or next - there are loads of people with fat profits and need to take them sometime but why stop here ........ small dip and push it up even higher - Why NOT better performace bigger bonus!

HS

covered my shorts for the time being, and opened a little long, if the past is any guidance now that it's found some support it may go back up balistically

Also the thurs-fri morning sell off was around 50pts just like todays so yep why not up up and away ?
Although from 1275 on the spx it looks like 5w up to 1404+ so maybe just maybe... we're getting closer.

Contrary view spx/US only had one day down then new highs which makes it pretty STRONG!

Short YMZ06 from 12375..(cash ~ 11348). I wouldn't go long unless 12300 cash support holds. Anticipated range for today is 11355-11306. Let's see..

This dow bounce is weak - we don't want a close under 275, that would be a BEARISH sign.....and I'm not ready for it ..... it's been a long time as they say-haha!!!

Cue for tuesday.........macho dax wobbling at present but holding in....down 12 from close 20 off the highs
so nearer the top than dow right now

..... but ftse and cac closed on downtick and feeling a bit of heat with the SB's. Nothing major but something to watch if dow breaks 300.

Hook Shot said:
Although from 1375 on the spx it looks like 5w up to 1404+ so maybe just maybe... we're getting closer.
Contrary view spx/US only had one day down then new highs which makes it pretty STRONG!

My favoured bull count with that nasty extended wave 3 (iii):?:

Looks like the early part of Jan for the bears to start play harder ??... on the completion of the 5th wave ( in blue on the chart)

PW223259-15.png

on one hand one could say that the US indices held up quite nicely today and they are building a base for the next push up, on the other hand one could say that the rallies are getting weaker and weaker, the daily ranges are shrinking and there are signs of a rounded top being formed. Which way will it go? I suppose we'll have to wait another day. Good trading tomorrow.

Bez - I bow to your superior .... no honestly I'm not an ewaver it just looked on a 15min chart and assumed!
That said ........ he says scrambling.... I'm confused about 27 Nov and the 144d (it's the only thing I could cling onto since you took me apart)

HS

The 27/28th of Nov is 144 Trading Days from the May5/ 8th High & the 8th of Jan date is 144 trading Days from the june 14th Low.. Red flag dates to techincal traders :) )

Bez said:
The 27/28th of Nov is 144 Trading Days from the May5/ 8th High & the 8th of Jan date is 144 trading Days from the june 14th Low.. Red flag dates to techincal traders :) )

TRADING DAYS - Je comprends

Hook Shot said:
TRADING DAYS - Je comprends

What is the significance of 144 days. Is it some kind of black magic? Sorry I'm still learning...

On my daily SPX500 candlestick charts I'm looking at a Hanging Man an Evening Star and a Harami Cross.

In my view the battle taking place at 1400 lacks conviction for the bulls. Doubters are increasing... The text book Harmai Cross tells me the battle today between bulls and bears has raged between 2004 - 1996 and closed down from yesterday at 1401. Also that buyers and sellers more or less agree on the closing price as being the correct one.

One of my worry is that my moving averages are still trending upwards. Brain's telling me to wait for the price to turn along with MA but the beast in my belly says short now. MACD and RSI are over extending and turning down.

Thanks giving is this Thursday. Tomorrow and Wednesday the sell off starts.

I'm going to have bulls b0ll0cks for my scrambled eggs tomorrow... :devilish:

Atilla said:
On my daily SPX500 candlestick charts I'm looking at a Hanging Man an Evening Star and a Harami Cross.

What the Dickens is all that? For someone who says that he is still learning you learn quickly don't you? What happens when you become an expert?

The Dax has gone up sharply today, it usually shows the way the US markets will act, we may see new highs being made today, probably on low volume, and probably in a cynical attempt to trap some bulls in a thanksgiving trap.