Dow - 14 Jan 2005

knucklehead

Classic example of how to get killed in the markets.

Opening range (choppy first hour) breakout that goes nowhere.

Nobody could have made I profit...I didn't bother trading it !!!

only 4 days in last month had a 200 point daily range where you can really make some money!

Most had 150 daily range where you might squeeze in a 50 point profit if your quick !

See chart

Attachments

• DOW14JAN05.gif
    DOW14JAN05.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 307
Knucklehead

Easy answer to that, if you are looking for a trend of 200 points. Lets say you trade 5 pound a point, just double you stake to 10 pound a point and look for a trend with 100 points.

sun

Of course the markets went sideways... the markets are closed Monday for Martin Luther King - Day :)

I have a dream......that all trade2win members would make a fortune on the markets, and all at the same time on the same trade......yesssss......wake up wake up....

It was just a dream :))

sun123 said:
Knucklehead

Easy answer to that, if you are looking for a trend of 200 points. Lets say you trade 5 pound a point, just double you stake to 10 pound a point and look for a trend with 100 points.

sun

And go to 1 minute bars.....no the risk would be greater, like trying to squeeze through a narrow gap when your 20 stone....you tend to get stuck....keep the odds in your favour !!!

Avoid unecessary loses...tomorrow is another profitable trading day.........

Oh it's saturday.....get a market stall, sell banana's, buy oranges :)

knucklehead said:
Opening range (choppy first hour) breakout that goes nowhere.
Knucklebone, I'm still in the dark on what you mean about 'choppy'. A 30-pt range in the first hour is neither choppy nor is it not choppy - unless you are measuring against some other metric. So, how are you doing it?

And having decided is isn't a choppy day - what are your entry and exit criteria? I'm particularly intrigued why you can only "squeeze in a 50 point profit..." out of 150 pt range day.