Doomberg's back... long "again" this time AUD/USD

I like the trade! How far are you taking it?

Personally, i think that if i can keep my stops at 48, and i'm still in the game when the market closes, that i may get a big gap up on sunday eve, worse comes to worse and the gap ripsaws on open i'll still be taking £759 profit if i get stopped as it's locked in with guaranteed stops

Personally, i think that if i can keep my stops at 48, and i'm still in the game when the market closes, that i may get a big gap up on sunday eve, worse comes to worse and the gap ripsaws on open i'll still be taking £759 profit if i get stopped as it's locked in with guaranteed stops

I think you have at least until 970ish before the trade is effectively played out, and I can easily see it trying to push you out at 48 before it gets there. Maybe lock in your stop if it hits and look to enter lower? Nice trade in any case. Not trying to tell you what to do, just bouncing ideas around.

Last edited:
. . . worse comes to worse and the gap ripsaws on open i'll still be taking £759 profit if i get stopped as it's locked in with guaranteed stops
Hope you don't mind me asking D', but I assume we're talking paper money here - not real spondoolies?
:cool:
Tim.

I think you have at least until 970ish before the trade is effectively played out, and I can easily see it trying to push you out at 48 before it gets there. Maybe lock in your stop if it hits and look to enter lower? Nice trade in any case. Not trying to tell you what to do, just bouncing ideas around.

Yeah i may take close at 8970 as that's 1-1 RR on the risk, but i have a feeling that this trade could be worth 2-300 points... hmmm

Hope you don't mind me asking D', but I assume we're talking paper money here - not real spondoolies?
:cool:
Tim.

I always use real money buddy, i don't get my fix of euphoria or the other fix of curling up in a ball feeling sick haha... i'm back on IG, i found futures actually harder to trade... still battling to win at this game

Attachments

• audusd.png
    audusd.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 164
Even in the middle of the coldest winters Doombergs scrotum hangs lower than most of the t2w punters.

Good luck Doom.

Thanks buddy, if this trade closes 25+ points away from my profit lock in, it may be a star runner next week... well if that really was the bottom anyway

:clover:

Ok the market is closing for the day, here's the position as it stands, i'm holding.

Attachments

• 13-12-13 close aud-usd.png
    13-12-13 close aud-usd.png
    257.9 KB · Views: 158
Thanks buddy, if this trade closes 25+ points away from my profit lock in, it may be a star runner next week... well if that really was the bottom anyway

:clover:

If the yen did this thing and the dollar did that thing and the economy did it's thing then you may well get 1000 pips higher. That's the extent of my fundamental analysis on this :LOL:

Seriously though,
If the Fed doesn't taper soon then heavy dollar selling would catapult it higher even if just temporarily.

Peter

£30/pip with £1250 account... nice risk management! /sarcasm

I know, the margin was 1230 out of 1250 lol.... most of my trades are called too early and i lose 1000's but i usually get it right (even if to soon).... but this one i called early (easy for any Elliot wave theory people to see) but this is the one.... may just hold for 1000 points... oh i'm drunk and confused about life... anyway watch the sunday opening guys, i may even get some popcorn

I know, the margin was 1230 out of 1250 lol.... most of my trades are called too early and i lose 1000's but i usually get it right (even if to soon).... but this one i called early (easy for any Elliot wave theory people to see) but this is the one.... may just hold for 1000 points... oh i'm drunk and confused about life... anyway watch the sunday opening guys, i may even get some popcorn

Haven't used guaranteed stops before because of the high transaction cost, so what are the restrictions on where you can place them? I'd guess some sort of minimum distance (10-20 pips?). For example, if price is at 8964 at weekly close, I don't imagine that you could you put the stop at 8963 to capture any gap up with almost no downside.

We are all crazy *******s doing this (i'll be in that top 5% of traders you swines)

Haven't used guaranteed stops before because of the high transaction cost, so what are the restrictions on where you can place them? I'd guess some sort of minimum distance (10-20 pips?). For example, if price is at 8964 at weekly close, I don't imagine that you could you put the stop at 8963 to capture any gap up with almost no downside.

In normal hours it's +3 for indicies or popular forex or indicies, but just before friday close the spread goes mad to stop the genuine gap traders

Market opening shortly.... wish me luck on my positions on tonights open :clover:

Good Luck Doomberg ;-)

Just having a look now - I think 52 / 54 is crucial for me at the moment on scalp sells under 70 top.

I appreciate you stop is at 48 and so close - but even if its touched I would not give up and look for more buys over 40 and 43.

Over 76 and 83 I think is needed for me to take new scalp buys up to that big RN at 9000 - but not planning to trade the Asian - but will be back for 6.30 -7.00am UK time

Will keep you updated intraday purely on the AU tomorrow as well

All the best and I wish you a good week

Regards

F