Does technical analysis work or not?

Does technical analysis work in your opinion?

• Total voters
If you don't know anything about anything, how did you know there is delusion ? Hmmm, I guess must be coming from lack of imagination.

Do you know darktone ? He's good with math and numbers and stuff, better than me at least. Maybe he can help you.

I wasn't asking anyone to vouch for me. Now that you mentioned it, I now officially request tim the forum mod to vouch for my numbers. Since he's a mod, I presume he's pretty long term. I remember from year's back he was a mod here, though he didn't post as much back then.

Something tells me tim is not all that up on trading and stuff. So I officially request darktone to help tim with the numbers. Darktone is good with numbers, I could instantly tell.

I wasn't asking anyone to vouch for me. Now that you mentioned it, I now officially request tim the forum mod to vouch for my numbers. Since he's a mod, I presume he's pretty long term. I remember from year's back he was a mod here, though he didn't post as much back then.

Something tells me tim is not all that up on trading and stuff. So I officially request darktone to help tim with the numbers. Darktone is good with numbers, I could instantly tell.

Maybe you could post a link to your old system on C2. Verification doesn't get much better than that.

. . . Now that you mentioned it, I now officially request tim the forum mod to vouch for my numbers. Since he's a mod, I presume he's pretty long term. I remember from year's back he was a mod here, though he didn't post as much back then..
I've never been a Mod', I'm not a Mod' now and I have no intention (or desire) to ever become a Mod'.
. . . Something tells me tim is not all that up on trading and stuff.
Probably the same thing that tells you where all the banks are on your charts Joe!
:LOL:

I've never been a Mod', I'm not a Mod' now and I have no intention (or desire) to ever become a Mod'.

Probably the same thing that tells you where all the banks are on your charts Joe!
:LOL:

Your claiming to be not a mod is akin to the bank claiming they only run ATM's and don't do no nothing about taking people's money. Both are correct in some literal sense.

Since the OP is seeking verification on my numbers and you have looked into it. Is 2000-3000% a year reasonable to you, in the same kind of literal sense ? I do realise this kind of numbers is not something you have heard of before.

Joe,
Your claiming to be not a mod is akin to the bank claiming they only run ATM's and don't do no nothing about taking people's money. Both are correct in some literal sense.
For the sake of clarity, as it appears my last post was not clear enough, there is no crossover between the Mod' team and Admin'. East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet. I have only ever been on one side of this very clear cut divide.

Since the OP is seeking verification on my numbers and you have looked into it. Is 2000-3000% a year reasonable to you, in the same kind of literal sense ? I do realise this kind of numbers is not something you have heard of before.
For someone who appears to be wanting my help, you sure have an odd way of going about it. You insist I'm something I'm not, you cast aspersions about my trading knowledge/ability and you appear to think I've "looked into" your numbers. What these numbers are and when I'm supposed to have looked into them - I have no idea.

As a member of Admin' staff, professional courtesy means that I will do what I can to assist any reasonable request from any member. But, in your case Joe, if I'm going help you, then you're going to have to give me rather more to go on than you have thus far. And, while you're about it, if you could drop the mildly insulting and patronising attitude - that wouldn't go amiss either.
Tim.

Thank you tim, your help is plenty already. To take no position on an incredible claim is in itself a position that few if any dares to take. The verification is not important. If the OP really wants to, he can do so himself. But he won't, presumably the information holds no value. I neither gain nor lose from that. I post only for amusement.

They are not doing anything different to anyone else. The business model is the same in every shop and bank. My point here is they can be beaten regardless of the advantages they hold.
Joe,
babyjake1961's suggestion of starting your own thread is a good one, especially if you detail how you think the banks can be beaten. I'm sure that would of interest to everyone. If you you're not willing to do that, and you wish to continue posting to this thread, then at least have the courtesy to stick to the topic: does TA work or not?

babyjake1961; if you feel your thread is being derailed by off-topic posts (including some by me), just use the red flag 'Report Post' facility and let the Mods deal with it.
Tim.

Banks have enough money to move the prices how they please too. It would be silly to believe their moves are different. Prices are moved for profit. That's all there is to it. TA takes no account of that, so it loses.

Personally I believe technical analysis work, it is the main reason for all my trades and fundamentals are just the triggers if that makes sense to everyone lol Price does seem to respect strong s/r levels etc and also the elliott principle (also TA), though objective, is proving to be very useful.

It does and it doesn't. When it does, it does, when it doesn't, it doesn't. There is no better explanation.

Well it works if you can utilise it. If you can't make it work it won't make a profit. Sort of like driving - a car drives along if you know how to make it go. If you can't drive, its a useless metal box.

Well it works if you can utilise it. If you can't make it work it won't make a profit. Sort of like driving - a car drives along if you know how to make it go. If you can't drive, its a useless metal box.

yes, there are various level of understanding of TA, an high level of understanding is not easy, it requires a lot of work and experience.

yes, there are various level of understanding of TA, an high level of understanding is not easy, it requires a lot of work and experience.

That's how I see it – it works for a small minority. In that sense it seems as if it works more for the banks & brokers as EJ likes to put it.

That's how I see it – it works for a small minority. In that sense it seems as if it works more for the banks & brokers as EJ likes to put it.

Correct. It works for traders/investors who know what they are doing.