Do YOU have a dream ?

Excuse me if I sound materialistic...
But, this is a Trading/finance forum...and the bottom line of things,or Scorecard...is Money, isn't it :devilish:
(this is not a yoga or art or charity or gardening or philosophy or fitness or religion forum.)

You're excused! We must all live within our means.

Whilst we are at a material level - do you have heated toilet seat in your bathroom and if you do is it gold plated? (y)

You see I wouldn't be impressed by your watch but would be impressed with a heated toilet seat at body temperature.

U no wat I'm saying like?

Last edited:
But money really isn't the bottom line, its a means not an end, a process not an event, an admission ticket not a prize.

Realistically, my situation is I could stop working now and slowly increase my profits and get a bit of help from pensions kicking in and take it easy. But I had 3 months off last year and worked 3 days a week for the last 12 months and all I got for that was bored. I just started a new full-time job.

Its not enough to make enough money to be able to not work - you have to have enough money to then go on and do something. I started a thread here a while back to ask what those people making money actually do with their time - not much came back.

But ironically, its time that's the prize.

But money really isn't the bottom line, its a means not an end, a process not an event, an admission ticket not a prize.

Realistically, my situation is I could stop working now and slowly increase my profits and get a bit of help from pensions kicking in and take it easy. But I had 3 months off last year and worked 3 days a week for the last 12 months and all I got for that was bored. I just started a new full-time job.

Its not enough to make enough money to be able to not work - you have to have enough money to then go on and do something. I started a thread here a while back to ask what those people making money actually do with their time - not much came back.

Each to their own mate.I will never work for the man again-i retired early and now do what i want-sport/listening to music,walking etc-i do a little gardening for people at times.

That airship idea isn't as stupid as it sounds, as one could move around the world doing heavy lifting contracts. The present one can lift 66 tonnes. OK for the building industry.
Quiet moments could be filled with having sight seers, prospecting etc.

Just to expand on my airship dream, I would buy a second hand military radar ( almost given away or scrapped ), fix it underneath the airship. Get an electronics guy to tweak it up for locating gold and silver and then ...........prospect away over Europe and the USA. There is said to be a gold hoard in the USA of 17 tons of gold. Better not say where...my dream might come true.

Totally agree........the secret of enjoying life is to have purpose.......spend as much time as possible doing what you like.........and if that happens to generate a lot,of cash then congratulations .......if it doesn't then it doesn't matter

This is a trading forum.......the product of our machinations and endeavours is,cash ......some make it their life ......others only part of their life

I love trading but it could never be 100% of,my life or my career

N

Well, money certainly help when you want to do what you like.
I'm fine with materialism as long as it's not over the top.

I have a dream to earn a lot through Forex Trading. I am earning at present but I want to make it my main source of income.

I have a dream to earn a lot through Forex Trading. I am earning at present but I want to make it my main source of income.

Nothing wrong with that dream.......work hard and research and study everything about trading and markets ......and one day you will succeed

Just promise me you only go full time when you are an accomplished trader.....many fall by the wayside because they cut off all other income streams too early and it affects their mindset regarding trading .......

Make it a slow transition.....let the p/t trading income build and then naturally drop the other work if you want to.....

I'm still part time trading....it's a bigger part of my time these days and the income stream is getting better over time so no complaints......but I,have no desire yet not to be doing other things as well....

N

When i joined in this trading market for the first time .Then i had a great of dream with this trade to make financially self dependent.

That's the dream of many forex traders out there, including my own. It's very hard to achieve, unfortunately. :(

My dream is to get out of bed at 7, work till midday(ish) making a few trades dipping in and out of the market. Have a steady equity cure that pays me and allows my account to grow, enough to be comfortable, i don't care about being a millionaire.

I don't want to get a train to work, I don't want to talk to people i don't like about things that don't interest me all day. I don't want to ask for permission to go on holiday.

I Just wanna be free.

Have a steady equity cure that pays me and allows my account to grow, enough to be comfortable, i don't care about being a millionaire.

I don't want to get a train to work, I don't want to talk to people i don't like about things that don't interest me all day. I don't want to ask for permission to go on holiday.

I Just wanna be free.
I resonate with this a lot. It's the freedom and being able to do with your time what you want that is the most appealing.

4 years ago I got fired from my job and I was without a job for about 1 year and a half. Not that I couldn't get another one. I just didn't try very hard, I was working on my own projects (which were different from trading back then) and actually enjoying my life. I was NEVER bored. I went to the gym 4-5 times a week, cooked all meals myself and healthy, worked on my projects, and had a lot of fun with friends and on my own.

I could do everything I wanted to do. I could watch all movies I wanted to, didn't have to say no to social events as much, could watch every show I liked, all the while living a healthy lifestyle and working on projects that stimulated me intellectually (I like coding for instance and that is also my job) but I do not want to get out of bed because I have to. I do not want to waste time in traffic. I do not want to have to answer to anyone but myself. That's my dream I guess.

Of course I had to go back to work and had to cut back on gym. Be tired most of the working days, no time for other projects, less time for healthy cooking, no time for other fun things I want to do..... Really that 1.5 year was an eye opener for me and that's when I started my endeavour to get rid of my 9 to 5 job while still maintaining and income which eventually led me to trading.

I once wanted to be financially independent. Then I got older and started earning money. Then I began to dream about how to travel and visit different countries. I spent the money and traveled the world. Then I started thinking about what I want a family. What will happen next?

I watched that BBC programme the other night about How the rich live ( only because my visitor wanted to ).They featured a Russian billionaire.Young, good looking guy with loads of money to spend. A home in Russia built like a palace ( huge indoor swimming pool ( he said he had never swum in ), 17 huge en suite bedrooms etc. Did he come across as happy ? No not really. His wife had divorced him and gone with the children. He had to have a permanent security detail in sight at all times. He has hopes of being a pop star. Obviously can't sing solo and needs a backing group. A garage full of of Lambos, Porches etc.

No not a happy person and could get like Howard Hughes when the realizations creep in.

Money is far from a way to paradise. But jolly useful all the same, especially when broke.

Money may not make you happy, but they can make you secure in your future. It's one thing feel unfulfilled despite having money, and another to wonder where your next meal will be coming from.

I started this thread 4.5 years ago. Phew how time has flown by.
So thanks for resurrecting it. Have I achieved my dream ? No not really.
Still not a millionaire but had a lot of fun struggling with trading to be profitable.
So yes it has been worth the journey.

Still not a millionaire but had a lot of fun struggling with trading to be profitable.

This will bring you into reality Pat ol bean..... don’t know if you heard about the dumb arse who got the sack for stealing sandwiches from the staff canteen.... well he’s out on his arse (I know him, he’s going to sue them for future loss of earnings .... erm good luck with that)..... then I’m told by another mate that their Italian desk trade lost 1 ... yes 1 million sterling yesterday.... I feel a cardbox (with belongings) exit coming on soon...... this game is only good for mug punters like us If we stay very very small..... trouble with this is it will not pay you a decent consistent wage.... harsh but true fact.

trading is a lifelong journey pat ....told you so :)