Divergence Code For Day Traders

vegas said:
Hi All,

Unfortunately (work !!) got in the way of been able to attend Grey1's paltalk session re Divergence a couple of weeks ago.

Just trying to get behind this now.

Question Please :

Is it advisable to 'glue' several timeframes together when utilising Divergence on Radarscreen or would this make it too conflicting ?

Thanks.

hello

No need to do it on multi time frame ..

Grey1

relative strength

Relative overlay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

has anyone got the code to plot a "RELATIVE OVERLAY" on charts in tradestation.
I presume that because it is such a commonly used tool that someone will have, unfortunately tradestation doesn't have it on their list of tools.

cheers

all i want to do is plot a relative e.g. - microsoft against the the dow jones.
- when it is plotted on charts it shows the strength or weakness of a share against an index.

There are two indicators I know of.

Put both symbols on the chart then:-

Spread Diff - which plots the difference i.e. Close Symbol1 - Close Symbol2

Spread Ratio - which plots Close Symbol1 / Close Symbol2

You can plot both symbols on the same sub-graph or hide one or both symbols if you want.

Can you do what you need with these or is it something else?

Regards,

Gareth

thankyou for your reply , looks like "SPREAD RATIO" is identical to plotting a relative overlay , just under a different name

cheers

Last edited:
CANNOT find DLL library file:global/variable.dll

Hello Everyone just setting up Radar screen.

Have down loaded the "divergence code" however i am not getting any signals into the radar screen, instead when i an on one of the cells a message comes up stateing "CANNOT find DLL library file:global/variable.dll"

Can any one assist with this,

Thankyou

You need to install the global variable dll file into the program directory of RS. I have attached a zip file that has it included.

Paul

Attachments

• GV1.zip
    23.7 KB · Views: 46
Trader333 said:
You need to install the global variable dll file into the program directory of RS. I have attached a zip file that has it included.

Paul

Paul
Thankyou again for your help.

I have extracted the zip file and i am now trying to find the sub directory/program directory.

I go to Tradestation and then programs, but once i get to this point their is no title for directory., just "cahce" OR "TCACHE".
No doubt i am looking in the wrong place.
once agin your assistance is much appreciated.